Weekly Bleach: Chapter 441

Topic started by GodLen on March 22, 2011. Last post by riotman 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
Sorry about the delay, I blame the iPad 2. Either way we are not getting Shonen Jump this week, so why not take my time? We just learned in the last chapter of Bleach that this Tsukishima fellow actually used to be a member of the fullbring Justice League. However he is no longer part of the club. Why? We don’t know yet, but I’m sure everything will be explained in this chapter.

THE GOOD

Before Ichigo can really sink his feet into this fullbring training, he first must request some time off from his part time job. It isn’t easy for anyone to do this, even for a bad ass like Ichigo. Though he eventually gets the time off, but he gets a lecture from the boss telling him to trust adults.

Ichigo must start his training, for he knows something is going down and it is involving his friends. First Ichigo learns that Tsukishima used to be the group’s leader. After finding a shinigami representative who would help remove their full bring powers, Tsukishima decided to have a change of heart and basically kill everyone, including the shinigami. All they have left of this incident is the shinigami’s badge.

Tsukishima wants to stop Ichigo from helping the group, and is picking off his friends. This upsets Ichigo, but its dinner time so he heads home. However, his dad and that Urahara guy just happen to be meeting up for a date right around the corner. Very shady.

Now Ichigo decides he will put his all into training, this time fighting a girl called Jackie Tristan.

THE BAD

If Tsukishima wants to stop Ichigo, why doesn’t he just attack Ichigo WHILE HE STILL HAS NO POWERS? *facepalm*

THE VERDICT 4/5

I enjoyed this chapter because many different things happened and all were mildly entertaining; in essence it filled me up. I’m happy that the manga’s pace has quickened, it was starting to slow, but now I feel that it might be able to make up for the mistakes it made in the past (like not ending!!) I’m sure in the next fight we will see the next evolution in Ichigo’s powers, but I doubt that will involve his shinigami robes yet.
Post by Lurkero (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7

 If Tsukishima wants to stop Ichigo, why doesn’t he just attack Ichigo WHILE HE STILL HAS NO POWERS?

Because then this wouldn't be a cliche shonen plot. I thought everyone knew the rule of "attack everyone except the hero you actually want to kill"
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Could be that someone's protecting him behind the scenes? This group, or his dad and Kisuke, or some unseen former Shinigami friends? I would not be surprised in the least if Ichigo regained his powers, only to find Rukia or Neliel or Grimmjow or someone else watching over him. 
 
This chapter kind of whizzed by. It felt like there should have been more to both his conversation with his boss and the talk between Isshin and Kisuke. There at least should have been more detail regarding the past. This is the kind of pace the fights should go at, not the narrative.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
Decent chapter, I kind of want to know more about this other Shinigami representative, but if we start going into that we'll never get anywhere with the rest of the plot... 
 
@AgentJ said:
" It felt like there should have been more to both his conversation with his boss and the talk between Isshin and Kisuke. "
Yeah, I've wanted to know more about Isshin ever since he appeared as a Shinigami, Kubo is taking his damn sweet time with him!
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Newten said:
" Decent chapter, I kind of want to know more about this other Shinigami representative, but if we start going into that we'll never get anywhere with the rest of the plot... 
 
@AgentJ said:
" It felt like there should have been more to both his conversation with his boss and the talk between Isshin and Kisuke. "
Yeah, I've wanted to know more about Isshin ever since he appeared as a Shinigami, Kubo is taking his damn sweet time with him! "
Seriously. Its things like that, and the numerous characters of whom we haven't seen the releases of yet, that tipped me off to the ultimate length of Bleach. I mean, we JUST saw the shikai of Ukitake and Kyouraku! That we're only halfway through isn't surprising! (that last bit was a bit sarcastic...)
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18

  If Tsukishima wants to stop Ichigo, why doesn’t he just attack Ichigo WHILE HE STILL HAS NO POWERS? *face palm*


He still could I mean he is gonna try and kill hiem anyway he killed the last representative
Post by Animelove5 (15 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I gotta read this.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@AgentJ said:
" @Newten said:
" Decent chapter, I kind of want to know more about this other Shinigami representative, but if we start going into that we'll never get anywhere with the rest of the plot... 
 
@AgentJ said:
" It felt like there should have been more to both his conversation with his boss and the talk between Isshin and Kisuke. "
Yeah, I've wanted to know more about Isshin ever since he appeared as a Shinigami, Kubo is taking his damn sweet time with him! "
Seriously. Its things like that, and the numerous characters of whom we haven't seen the releases of yet, that tipped me off to the ultimate length of Bleach. I mean, we JUST saw the shikai of Ukitake and Kyouraku! That we're only halfway through isn't surprising! (that last bit was a bit sarcastic...) "
It has more to do than with length, it's power and it;s usefullness

For example We find out that captain yamamoto have this super bankai whatever 
Now see how many character would be USELESS
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@cfatalis: right, but I find it hard to believe that they would end the series before revealing the full potential of each and every character they've introduced. I just don't think it'll happen. 
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@AgentJ said:
" @cfatalis: right, but I find it hard to believe that they would end the series before revealing the full potential of each and every character they've introduced. I just don't think it'll happen.  "
Well not each and everyone, some character would only serves as a power stepping stone
 
X is good (We are informed)
Let us show Y is STRONG
How?
Y beat X, case in point Tosen, or Komamura
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@cfatalis: I would be okay with that. And its not necessairily true; we saw most of the Vizards' abilities for the first time, and some of them were soundly defeated without reference (Hirako)
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@AgentJ: as a Result we now have the idea of " Any other Vizard besides Hirako and fat guy= worthless" we didn't see what kensei bankai actually do
nor do we so Mahiro's anything
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Bye chinesse ad Bot
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17
this was pretty good. I still wonder what really happened to Orihime, though. also, I wonder what power Ichigo's gonna get back in the next 2 weeks.
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@cfatalis said:
" @AgentJ: as a Result we now have the idea of " Any other Vizard besides Hirako and fat guy= worthless" we didn't see what kensei bankai actually do nor do we so Mahiro's anything "
Yeah, and thats unfortunate, but we still got to see it, and thats the important part. I'd rather Kenpachi's inevitable bankai sucked than not be able to see it at all.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@AgentJ said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @AgentJ: as a Result we now have the idea of " Any other Vizard besides Hirako and fat guy= worthless" we didn't see what kensei bankai actually do nor do we so Mahiro's anything "
Yeah, and thats unfortunate, but we still got to see it, and thats the important part. I'd rather Kenpachi's inevitable bankai sucked than not be able to see it at all. "
well it depends, he had to receive some kind of a loss to make him somehow goes 180 on his principle
Post by zaldar (1,235 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@lurkero:  of course if it wasn't a stereotypical shonen plot it might actually be worth reading again...
Post by DH69 (29 posts) See mini bio Level 7

wow that jackie chick has got a face on here o0

Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Okay, why the hell is that thing with the Gintama pic posting random shit under different names? Why is that here? what is is?
Post by riotman (6 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Cant wait to see his new power up maybe its a stronger flange or whatever he calls it
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel