Weekly Bleach: Chapter 425

Topic started by GodLen on Nov. 6, 2010. Last post by e887x 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
Bleach is back from its mini time skip, and things have changed. Ichigo is now a master at Tekken and can no longer see ghosts or rescue anyone anymore. Last chapter Ichigo unfortunately had his Shinigami representation badge stolen, but he is unaware of this at this moment. Will Ichigo get his powers back, or will he kick ass without his powers? Let’s find out!

The Good

Ichigo has become some kind of mercenary at his school, helping clubs and sports teams kick ass with his powers. He’s expensive, 50 dollars a week just won’t cut it. Not only that, but it appears as if Ichigo has some kind of part time job, though decides this particular day that he doesn’t want to come in anymore and quits. Ichigo’s life is a mess.

But it’s about to get even worse for a group of bullies have arrived and are looking to claim Ichigo’s head. These bad boys are friends with the bag thief from the last chapter. My question is, was the bag thief also in on the Shinigami representation badge heist, or was he just being used? The reason why I ask is because this group could be a lot more powerful than regular bullies if they are associated with the badge stealer. Either way they are in a lot of hurt now that Uryū Ishida has arrived.

None of this matters, because if you are like me, we only care about Ichigo getting his powers back so that he could go back to Soul Society and battle Kenpachi once again. This may come true, for Ichigo has been plagued by dreams where silhouettes of his friends ask Ichigo to wake up. Obviously it is going to take a lot more than that to wake him up.

The Bad

This chapter felt more like filler than anything else. I really don’t are about Ichigo’s school life troubles, or that he has a part time job. It’s weird, I usually don’t mind seeing a main shonen hero doing everyday things when he is not kicking ass, but this doesn’t entertain me at all. Maybe because there are too many things happening at once, and none of them seem very interesting.

The Verdict 2/5

I have to admit I would rather be back with Aizen than experiencing this highschool snore fest. Hopefully this upcoming battle will awaken Ichigo’s blood lust and force him to become a Shinigami again.
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I kinda wonder if Aizen becomes the main villain again in the future chapters. And i'm not sure if that a good thing or bad thing.
Post by SamJaz (13,064 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Gasp, even Aizen?
You're desperate. I'm happy to see Bleach get back to its roots, kinda, although we're starting to get a Gantz-esque feel to it. Though that might just be Kato.
Post by Sogeman (22 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Why do you think he had his badge stolen? I'm think it's that guys own badge. 

Also, the fact that Ichigo has his super trained body doesn't make any sense. His body wasn't fighting, just his sould. Oh Kubo...
@Sogeman: Ichigo was pretty ripped to begin with. Remember, he was beating people by the dozen before the series started.
What he said he got was sheer combat experience. You could pull a gun on him and he'd be just "You mean this gun? Oh, by the way, I'm badass."

And same here with the badge situation. I don't think Ichigo's was stolen either.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Woah, this is up kinda late isn't it? Bleach comes out on like wednesday. 

I found this chapter kind of all over the place, hopefully the next one will be better. I wonder who Ichigo's employer is... or was. 

@Sogeman: I'm pretty sure his soul and his real body are in sync or something, when he woke up they were telling him how his hair was short again because the changes done to his body had been erased when he lost his powers. Why tell him that if his real body had been unaffected by that stuff in the first place?
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Muhahaha Aizen actually won! Ichigo got caught in his Shikai and everything past that has been an illusion. 
(I will put 5 e bucks on it)
Post by wwfunderaker (485 posts) See mini bio Level 15
This chapter reminded me of the early Bleach days, the arc is going to take a while to get started.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
To me in the last chapter it looked as if the bag stole the badge, but I guess that sounds pretty crazy. Maybe it wasn't stolen after all! 
Post by sickVisionz (4,311 posts) See mini bio Level 24
" I have to admit I would rather be back with Aizen than experiencing this highschool snore fest

I feel the same.  For me it's partially because Aizen's defeat happened so quickly and got a real rush job of an explanation.  They jumped straight from that to this. 

A while back they had a filler episode about one of the normal kids (the one who is always on a cell) and they gave him some backstory and it actually wasn't bad.  Kubo returns to these characters and it's a total snorefest.  I say this a lot, but I honestly think he's the worst person in the business when it comes to making interesting Bleach content.
Post by CrazyCanuck (169 posts) See mini bio Level 15
OMG!  I spent 15 minutes writing a cool theory and the site glitches and I lost it, so I'll keep it short. 

Could Ichigo be in a comma where his lost badge represents his spiritual power?  
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'm enjoying Bleach now.  

Post by Mesoian (37 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I've actually found the last two chapters refreshing. After almost 2 years of a story arc where major  characters have been red herrings, useless fodder, or overpowered war mongers with barely a shred of coherent motive, it's nice to simply slow things down, bring things back the way they were in the beginning, and try to re-establish what makes the main characters tick. 

I don't think anyone excepted this to be a time skip, but now that all three major shonen mangas have gone through one, at least Bleach has a chance to get it's legs under it and go through some real story telling rather than the waffling the last half of the winter war turned out to be.
Post by DearDiablo (9 posts) See mini bio Level 9

This chapter may have been a bit lack luster, but I suppose it's titled "A Day Without Melodies" for a reason.
Post by obscurefan (216 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Honestly I really enjoyed this chapter simply because for the longest time I've been saying Bleach needs a break in the action, Ichigo might have had powers but he lived in the real world and I always enjoyed seeing him in that environment from time to time. Also, for the longest time we had nothing but Giant Action, Giant Action, Surprise Arrival, More Giant Action, More Giant Action. After all that I seriously needed three or four chapters of just daily life in Bleach to cleanse the pallet.
Post by Hirako_Fan (1,043 posts) See mini bio Level 10
i guess no one saw the chain on the badge .

as you can see the guy has his own badge wich makes sense and the arc is called the lost substitute shinigami arc.

i found this chapter very good  and refreshing i dont know why you gave the chapetr only a 2/5 a 3/5 sounds better
Post by Rexic (99 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I like how orihime and uryu lok.mainly orihime.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@SamJaz said:
" @Sogeman: Ichigo was pretty ripped to begin with. Remember, he was beating people by the dozen before the series started. What he said he got was sheer combat experience. You could pull a gun on him and he'd be just "You mean this gun? Oh, by the way, I'm badass."  And same here with the badge situation. I don't think Ichigo's was stolen either. "
he also face alot of crazy fuck shit

so when someone pull something he already knows how to end the fight really quick with him surviving, since nothing probably surprise him anymore
@cfatalis: Simply put, he's no longer a shinigami or engine of destruction. He's bloody Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer, and Bruce Lee all rolled into one.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@SamJaz: he is also Arthur Dent
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel