Weekly Bleach: Chapter 424

Topic started by GodLen on Oct. 27, 2010. Last post by Hirako_Fan 3 years, 9 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
It has been quite some time since we have last read Bleach. During its absence I had plenty of time to think about the direction the story will head in this new upcoming arc. Yet I can’t really think of anything! It can go anywhere at this point. However, I do know that we will probably see the Spirit King at some point and the people involved with him. Also I’m sure we will also see new captains in Soul Society and new bankais we have never seen before. Let’s jump in and see where the future will take us.

The Good

Wow, Bleach has finally gotten a time skip! Well, its only a little more than a year, but I’ll take it! This new story arc starts truly from the beginning mirroring the first chapter. Ichigo is now once again a “normal” high school student, but this time he can not see ghosts. His powers have truly left him, which took away his ability to see ghosts. He is supposed to be happy, because this is what he always dreamed about, but he isn’t. Ichigo’s sister on the other hand has gained powers in his absence, and soon will have a bankai of her own.

So Ichigo now spends all his time playing Tekken and going to school, while Ishida takes care of the hollow problem. Though isn’t he still going to get in trouble with Soul Society for killing hollows and not allowing them to be cleansed? Either way things are not looking good for Ichigo, for a new character has arrived and stole Ichigo’s shinigami representation badge.

The Bad

I always figured Ichigo to be more of a Street Fighter guy than a Tekken one. I’m also surprised that Ichigo hasn’t talked with his father about his history and how he got his powers back after supposedly loosing them.

The Verdict 3/5

Time to begin the “Lost Shinigami Representative Badge Arc”, which to me sounds like a filler arc from the anime. So what girl will Ichigo have to rescue this time? I’m putting money on his sister being stolen, or maybe they will go for broke and steal Chad. Or perhaps they will throw away rescuing entirely and do something different. Either way I wonder what this guy is going to do with this badge, perhaps make himself into a shinigami?
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I think this could get interesting if they decide to go somewhere with Karin being able see ghosts and potentially hollows easily now.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25
So, when have they not done an arc about rescuing someone?

My biggest concern with this series is that they overpowered Aizen so much that he was similar to a game bug. He was utterly broken, but Ichigo took him out in the end pretty quickly. I know they took away Ichigo's powers, but after you defeat someone as overpowered as Aizen. It starts to get silly.
Post by Cookie_Krunch (1 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Ok i could've sworn that after reading this chapter that the guy who took Ichigo's Shinigami representative badge was Aizen. But that is what i think. 3rd
Post by SamJaz (12,441 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Cookie_Krunch said:
" Ok i could've sworn that after reading this chapter that the guy who took Ichigo's Shinigami representative badge was Aizen. But that is what i think. 3rd "
HOLY SHIT.
I actually thought this guy was Kato, from Gantz, but I totally see that in his face now.

And did he steal Ichigo's badge? I thought he had his own, but I probably read it wrong. 
And Ichigo probably did talk about it to his dad. They're saving that for a Flashback.
Post by LightAce (6 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Wait wait wait, its not over yet? If this is a joke I'm gonna be pretty mad, cause I want at least a happy ending. So sad that he lost his powers and hasn't seen Rukia in a year or so :(
Post by Max21 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Yea i really don't want another rescue this person set up for an arc.
Post by wwfunderaker (485 posts) See mini bio Level 15
 @SamJaz said:
" @Cookie_Krunch said:
" Ok i could've sworn that after reading this chapter that the guy who took Ichigo's Shinigami representative badge was Aizen. But that is what i think. 3rd "
HOLY SHIT. I actually thought this guy was Kato, from Gantz, but I totally see that in his face now.  And did he steal Ichigo's badge? I thought he had his own, but I probably read it wrong.  And Ichigo probably did talk about it to his dad. They're saving that for a Flashback. "
I thought it was Kato as well. The chapter was ok, cant wait to see how this develops.
Post by BraveToaster (91 posts) See mini bio Level 10
That guy definitely looks like Aizen. 

Can't wait to see what happens next week.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Cookie_Krunch said:
Oh god if that turns out to be Aizen... uuuggghhh. 

Ichigo will get his powers back somehow, look at him. He's bored and miserable, and has no plans for his future. He needs to get his powers back and then he and his family move to Soul Society where his dad becomes a Captain and he becomes a Vice Captain. 

Okay moving to Soul Society would be a bit much, but Ichigo clearly needs his powers before he's bored to death. 

His powers shouldn't be able to totally disappear in my opinion anyway, his Dad is a shinigami, so he's half-shinigami anyway, it should be in his blood! That's the reason their family can see ghosts in the first place. At least in my mind it is.

Oh, also, Ichigo gets bonus points for playing Tekken.
Post by Six (8 posts) See mini bio Level 11
does it make a difference if you see these episodes dubbed or subbed when they finally air?
Post by CrazyCanuck (169 posts) See mini bio Level 15
SOOOOOO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT!!!  
First! Karin with Shinigami powers! Dose this mean another manifestation of Zangetsu maybe even Getsu-Chan! 

Second! All of the arcs up until now have been rescue based to don't see it changing. 
@CrazyCanuck said:
" First! Karin with Shinigami powers! "
Woah, hold up. I don't remember reading that in the manga. Just GodLen joking about her getting a Bankai...
Post by CrazyCanuck (169 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Newten: yeah the manga did just say her perception was getting stronger but come on, you know you want to see it!  I can tell! lol
@CrazyCanuck: Naaaah, not really. I do wonder where Kon went though... maybe he's with Urahara or something. 

Damn it I really want the next chapter now. How has Kubo managed to put us through so much shit only to have us coming back for more? God damn.
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Newten: Well in order for her to have a bankai you got to have shinigami powers
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Really dude 3/5 this could have been a lot higher it was super awesome at least a 4/5 Tite always start arcs well
Hey guys, maybe Kubo will really mix things up and have ICHIGO get captured! Huh? HUH?! 

Maybe not.
Post by sauceatron (11 posts) See mini bio Level 3
i'm pretty sure the new guy has his own badge. i don't think he stole it. if you notice the second to last page, on the last frame, you see it peeking out of his bag already. i think that frame represents the guy who lost the bag to the robber is a representative shinigami, and his badge was falling out through the skirmish. i mean, if ichigo got one, i'm sure other people can get them too amirite?!
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,229 posts) See mini bio Level 21
That guy is Aizen's clone looking for revenge.
That guy is Hollow Ichigo in human form.
That guy is the Spirit King in human form 
or he just a random theft
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel