Weekly Bleach: Chapter 423

Topic started by GodLen on Oct. 8, 2010. Last post by adoggz 4 years, 2 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
The ending is near, well at least the ending to Aizen’s story is coming to a close. Ichigo has just defeated Aizen, sealing him away with the help of Urahara. Even though I hated the poor bastard, I’m going to miss him. But a part of me still believes he will show up again. Will he show up in this chapter, or are we finally done with this kid?

The Good

We haven’t seen the last of Aizen, for Soul Society has decided to hold a trial for the traitor. He is sentenced to 20,000 years in prison, which in case you don’t know is a hell of a long time. However, what is going to happen when those 20,000 years are up? Is he just going to say sorry and move into an apartment above 7-11? Hell no he won’t! Why don’t they just lock him up and throw away the key? Well, to be honest I doubt he is going to stay there the entire 20,000 years anyway. He will figure someway out, or someone will save him like Blackbeard.

Life is returning back to normal in Soul Society, though there are a ton of Shinigami who are pissed off at themselves. Most are training so that this will never happen again, while others are still being treated, like Hinamori.

Ichigo has finally woke up from his one month nap. I wonder if he had to use the bathroom during his never-ending sleep? Regardless, he is now loosing his Shinigami powers quickly, and will be completely Shinigami-less in a few. Rukia says goodbye to Ichigo before she disappears completely. And like that she is gone.

The Bad

Wow what a great end to the series. *Scrolls down* What a two week hiatus? Then the return of Bleach? Great. Maybe the captains will learn how to triplekai and there will be the second edition of the Cell Games. All I’m saying is that you passed up a good ending spot Kubo. And really old man, are you really going to yell at them for loosing their white jacket thingys? They did a lot more than you, and they did it without loosing their arm! IN YOUR FACE! 

Verdict 4/5

Really, this chapter could have only been the last three pages and it would still get the same score. The future of Bleach is really up in the air for now. Will Aizen return, or is there going to be a new enemy? Will Ichigo get his powers back, or will he actually have to die in order for him to become a Shinigami again. Though I don’t think that would matter, most of his friends are dead anyway. See you in two weeks Bleach.
Post by Mayora13 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3
 "Wow what a great end to the series."  Was this seriously your reaction?  Ichigo forgets everything and that's it?  This would've been one of the worst possible endings for the series.  I want Bleach to end, but not like that.  Besides, they haven't resolved half of the crap with Aizen yet - this "ending" that was just sort of randomly thrown in seems awfully surreal - it's probably all an illusion.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
This chapter was the biggest load of crap I've ever read in Bleach. 

You didn't comment on the fact that a bunch of characters, who we all thought, or I did anyway, were dead, were miraculously okay! Even sliced-in-half girl! COME ON! 

Kubo, if you actually decide to have a good character (good as in, not an enemy) die, at least have the balls to actually LET THEM DIE! Don't just turn around at the end of an arc and say "oh btw guyz, evryonez okayz! :D" 

Ichigo hardly said anything to Rukia when she disappeared. Come on Ichigo...

You know what, it doesn't even make sense that Ichigo can't see spirits anymore. He could see them before he was a Shinigami. Come on, he will get his powers back. Do you really think it would leave his friends with powers and his sisters with the ability to see the dead when he can't? Yeah right. 

My theory is Ichigo's dad knew all about the final getsuga tenshou because he used it himself, and that's how he lost his powers. Oh look, he has his powers back. Urahara will find a way to give Ichigo his powers back soon enough, speed up whatever process his dad used. 

Or the hogyaku is now inside Ichigo and he doesn't know it yet, and that will restore his powers at some point.
Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19

We did not even see everyone's bankai.
Post by DevilMayhem666 (261 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Kurohige:
We didn't see every saiyan in Dragon Ball go ssj either. I doubt Bleach will end with everyone going Bankai.
Post by wwfunderaker (485 posts) See mini bio Level 15
So Ichigo has finally lost his powers, what about his human friends, do they still have their powers. Aizen is being held somewhere but i think could easily escape, guess we have wait 2 weeks to see what happens. Time skip any one.
Post by UsbCable (19 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I'm curious to see what happens next but I think everyone else is in the same boat lol. I feel like one last super duper bad dude will show up so they can so off they remaining bankai's/secret powers and maybe they'll kill a key character or two then end it. 

@ Mayora13 Your illusion thingy just made me notice how dry the last few chapters were. Powers were lost, Aizen was defeated, people said their goodbyes, captains were loling again and the reactions to each event was kind of meh. It is kind of weird.....
Online Now
@DevilMayhem666: We saw every Saiyan that achieved Super Saiyan. The only Saiyans we didn't see transform into Super Saiyans were those who never achieved the form. There are a bunch of characters in Bleach who have achieved shikai and bankai but we haven't seen them yet, so it's different.
Post by zaldar (1,300 posts) See mini bio Level 15
heh...I can't believe I am the only one agreeing with him that this would be a good ending place.  Ah well.  I expect it will jump the shark after this but we will see I suppose.
Post by Roldan (81 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Newten said:
" This chapter was the biggest load of crap I've ever read in Bleach.  You didn't comment on the fact that a bunch of characters, who we all thought, or I did anyway, were dead, were miraculously okay! Even sliced-in-half girl! COME ON!  Kubo, if you actually decide to have a good character (good as in, not an enemy) die, at least have the balls to actually LET THEM DIE! Don't just turn around at the end of an arc and say "oh btw guyz, evryonez okayz! :D"  Ichigo hardly said anything to Rukia when she disappeared. Come on Ichigo... You know what, it doesn't even make sense that Ichigo can't see spirits anymore. He could see them before he was a Shinigami. Come on, he will get his powers back. Do you really think it would leave his friends with powers and his sisters with the ability to see the dead when he can't? Yeah right.  My theory is Ichigo's dad knew all about the final getsuga tenshou because he used it himself, and that's how he lost his powers. Oh look, he has his powers back. Urahara will find a way to give Ichigo his powers back soon enough, speed up whatever process his dad used.  Or the hogyaku is now inside Ichigo and he doesn't know it yet, and that will restore his powers at some point. "

Yes i agree and if this true about his dad. we might get a timeskip :D!  god i love timeskips
Online Now
@Roldan: Actually yeah, a timeskip might just be what Bleach needs. 

Though saying that they just reverted Ichigo back to his slightly younger self, so it would be weird to see him suddenly older again.
Post by Wraxend (32 posts) See mini bio Level 9
The new bad guy will be the Spirit King. Ichigo will get his powers back and come to the conclusion that he needs Aizen help to destroy the King. Go and break him out of  prison and Aizen will realise he is now not alone and they all live happily ever after :D
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@DevilMayhem666 said:
" @Kurohige:
We didn't see every saiyan in Dragon Ball go ssj either. I doubt Bleach will end with everyone going Bankai. "
although it will be awesome
imagine all of the Shinigami and Vizard capable of doing bankai do it in a massive montage
Online Now
@cfatalis: Like a Power Rangers transformation sequence?
Post by Dekanah (2 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@Mayora13:  he didn't forget anything.  I'm not sure where you got that from.
Post by DevilMayhem666 (261 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Newten:
Good point.
Post by Lurkero (418 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Wow, Bleach managed to do one of the things that I hate the most in situations like this. When a person decides to go on a giant antagonistic quest to attain power to destroy and/or control the universe, and kills dozens, hundreds, and thousands to reach that goal...why is there a a trial!? I would have eliminated Aizen as soon as I got the chance. 

20,000 years in prison? This is after they were going to KILL Rukia!

And if Bleach were going to be a real shonen series of course there would be a more powerful villain. A new villain with the ability to be defeated and come back stronger every time until the writer feels like moving on.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Newten said:
" @cfatalis: Like a Power Rangers transformation sequence? "
the one on the crossover ? yes

but i am thinking of the Kamen Rider Decade movie style
Post by sasuke0447 (174 posts) See mini bio Level 8

bleach isnt over so i dont know why everyone is sayin that
Post by Catolf (254 posts) See mini bio Level 13
ughhh bleach.... be done..

Ah well.. TIMESKIP.. get some people married.. something..ugh..
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel