Weekly Bleach: Chapter 422

Topic started by GodLen on Oct. 1, 2010. Last post by vergilius 3 years, 9 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
If you are like me, you have been partying like it’s 1999 now that Aizen has been defeated. But if you are also like me there is a little voice in your head that is also telling you to party not too hard for this could be one of Aizen’s tricks as well. Is he really dead, or is this just a big joke? Let’s find out.

The Good

From the get go, it appears as if Aizen is dead! Everybody is returning from war and starting to rebuild. The people who were stuck within Hueco Mundo are back from their battles and all in one piece, while those who fought Aizen are in the process of being healed. Though Mashiro Kuna is still in a critical condition and might not survive. I also wonder about some of the other characters that got their butts handed to them as well, like Hinamori for example.

Now that the battle is over Ichigo and Urahara finally get the opportunity to talk about this crazy madman who took on Soul Society by himself. Of course Ichigo wonders if Aizen was a bad guy at all, and just was a troubled soul who wanted someone to see the world he sees. Before Ichigo started to cry his friends who came all the way from Hueco Mundo arrived to see Ichigo. Everything is well and good, but suddenly Ichigo collapses and a weird scream is perceived. Honestly I can’t tell if the scream came from Ichigo, or someone else. If I was a betting man I would say somewhere else.

The Bad

Not too many bad things this time around. I’m still wondering what the official death tole is for this war as well, but I’m guessing we won’t find out until later.

The Verdict 3/5

Is this chapter just a big tease by Kubo, pretending that this war is over or is this truly the end of this long, long story arc? I don’t believe it is, the Aizen I knew would have put up a better fight than that. I believe Ichigo was pushed down by Aizen’s reiatsu, and now he is truly pissed. Or maybe its something else completely? Its really hard to say at this point.
Post by SamJaz (11,185 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Online Now
The Deicide arc is officially over, but Tite has announced TWO further story arcs before Bleach ends. Methinks Aizen's gone, but now we has a soul king or a new bad guy that's throwing his weight around.

As for Ichigo, I reckon that he's just drained from being outside his mortal body when he's no longer a shinigami. If I had to guess, if Ichigo's gonna remain in the story, he'll either go through  some training like his dad or like uryuu, OR, a much more fun but less likely option, he's gonna become a guile hero that THINKS to fight his enemies. A lot may have happened in the three months inside that head. Maybe he grew that IQ that's always hinted at.
Post by wwfunderaker (485 posts) See mini bio Level 15
The scream possibly can only be heard by Ichigo, but that makes it more interesting. I dont think the Aizen story is finished, the fight finished to fast and Aizen will be back.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

It's Vegeta who is still screaming about Gohan stealing his dragon ball 
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,703 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Destinyheroknight said:
" It's Vegeta who is still screaming about Gohan stealing his dragon ball  "

@hitsusatsu11:
That not the one I talking about 
Online Now
@hitsusatsu11: @Destinyheroknight: TFS, amirite?
@SamJaz:
Yes TFS
@Destinyheroknight: The abridged ic.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Destinyheroknight said:
" It's Vegeta who is still screaming about Gohan stealing his dragon ball "
You should fucking win something for that comment.

I think it's Ichigo screaming, and I think it probably has something to do with him losing his powers, I'm hoping, that it's because Zangetsu is gone, but Hollow Ichigo isn't and he's now trying to take over the weakened Ichigo.

Actually, what I think would be really messed up, would be if it turned out Urahara is actually evil...

Guess we'll have to wait until the next chapter to find out!
Post by adoggz (210 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Ichigo might have lost his shinigami powers, but what about his hollow powers? Something tells me that those will somehow get put to good use
Post by Roldan (81 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Bleach should've ended with this. Everything after this is just milking (though they've been milking for a long time but still). The Bleach story did build everything to this point. who's gonna get kidnapped next.. let's see.. i'm gonna guess Sado will be the next one that'll be kidnapped. The worst thing about this chapter though was the death rate. Hell even a manga like One Piece (where no one gets killed), killed 2 major players. This was meant to be war but most people got healed up because [insert reason]. i did enjoy this more then the previous chapters but still..

EDIT: anyone felt cheated when they never actually showed the fight between Yammy and Kenpachi and Byakuya. That fight seemed more interesting then everything about Aizen.
@SamJaz: Where did Kubo announce 2 more arcs?
Online Now
@hitsusatsu11:  Somewhere in some interview. Please don't ask me for confirmation, because I think it was the Mangastream twitter feed.
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
i'm pretty sure you mixed up mashiro with hiyori
Post by Catolf (254 posts) See mini bio Level 13
ugh please no more... bleach can you please end, just let it stop, give everyone at least somewhat of a happily ever after Fast forward 5-10 years.

Renji and Rukia got a kid or are in a F-ing relationship
Ichigo and Ordihime got an oranged haired brat
Chad and Ishida are gay for eachother...

HAPPY ENDING
Post by NakAttack (33 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Catolf said:
" ugh please no more... bleach can you please end, just let it stop, give everyone at least somewhat of a happily ever after Fast forward 5-10 years.  Renji and Rukia got a kid or are in a F-ing relationship Ichigo and Ordihime got an oranged haired brat Chad and Ishida are gay for eachother...  HAPPY ENDING "
i support this
Post by DevilMayhem666 (261 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@hitsusatsu11:
I watched that vid like 3 or 4 times.
Post by Catolf (254 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@nk19 said:

" @Catolf said:

" ugh please no more... bleach can you please end, just let it stop, give everyone at least somewhat of a happily ever after Fast forward 5-10 years.  Renji and Rukia got a kid or are in a F-ing relationship Ichigo and Ordihime got an oranged haired brat Chad and Ishida are gay for eachother...  HAPPY ENDING "

i support this "
 Yay, I thought I was sounding to harsh at first.

I would even support Kubo showing Chad and Ishida opening up a clothing store being all dapper. But just make it end, can't he see there is a clean opening to let the show/manga end? It's just like he's pushing it until no one gives a damn anymore. I really did like bleach in the beginning but now it's just become an eyesore for me..*sigh*
Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

i don't think Aizen is dead.... oh and i read that chapter yesterday... just part of it actually...

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel