Weekly Bleach: Chapter 419

Topic started by GodLen on Sept. 9, 2010. Last post by sickVisionz 4 years, 2 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
Aizen is finally getting his butterfly butt kicked, and it feels great. The reason why Ichigo now has the power to ruff him up is of course because he transferred his reiatsu for power, or so says legend. Anyway, things are not looking good for Bleach’s number one antagonist at the moment, but things can definitely sway in Aizen’s favor at any time.

The Good

Aizen is a sore loser, a very sore loser. Not only is he incredibly pissed, but deep down inside his black heart he is scared of Ichigo. The hougyoku knows what’s up and doesn’t want Aizen to loose either, so it suddenly transforms him into a monster. To me it looks like a full on hollow transformation, but it could also be some kind of hybrid we never heard about. Either way Aizen believes he just leveled the playing field.

With that Aizen nukes Ichigo, sending a blast so high into the air that it could probably be seen by shinigami satellites. This blast does nothing but gives Ichigo’s arm a little blackening, but he is still able to fight. Aizen quickly snatches Ichigo up and threatens him like usual. Though this time the threats do nothing for Ichigo because he is also very angry, and is nowhere near being beaten yet. Now Ichigo will show us all just how powerful his new Getsuga Tenshou really is.

The Bad

Well Aizen is still alive, and that is never good. But what I really want to know is what happened with the last attack from chapter 418? I mean it seemed like a big attack, yet Aizen wasn’t effected by it at all. Maybe Kubo just forgot about it?

The Verdict 3/5

This was an average chapter, but once again it doesn’t feel like much happened in it. The next chapter, however, should be good for we finally will be able to see what this final Getsuga Tenhou looks like. Will it just be a bigger version of the one we know and love, or will it be something completely different?
Post by SamJaz (13,018 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Aizen dodged at the last second. Remember the big slash mark across Aizen's chest at the start of the chapter? He healed it with his transformation, but it was there. Just not as big as we wanted it.
Post by rubberluffy (596 posts) See mini bio Level 16
There's just no personality to this fight.  I just feel like "why should I care?" about the whole thing.  And Aizen just keeps getting stupider looking.  I can't be alone in feeling this.
Post by gogbot (58 posts) See mini bio Level 6
This is probably one of the better Bleach chapters in a While , Less staring , less Aizen and more Action.
 
@ rubberluffy 
I agree dude , this is far gone at this point , i only read bleach for a sense of Completion.
And the only motivation is to see Aizen confused , scared and Horrified as all his so Called plans Come crashing down.
 
But yes from a story telling point of view , you really have no reason to care.
Post by rubberluffy (596 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@gogbot: 
This stuff has been so dragged out it feels like there is zero urgency.
Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Moderator
This and last week's chapter make me feel like there was some epic arc that I missed in the middle of everything.  Ichigo disappeared for like 4 chapters and when he comes back his normal mode seems stronger than the hollow mode that beat Ulquiorra. 
 
I still like the anime because of Aizen's void, the filler is pretty interesting, the music is straight and they usually drawn explosions and beam blasts pretty well, but I think the manga has run it's course for me.  Things have been pretty meh for a while now and if butterfly Aizen and superpower up Ichigo are any sign, the series is only gonna head further and further down the rabbit hole of mediocrity. 
Post by Rokujo (100 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Ichigo is now sick and tired of Aizen's ramblings. I was sick and tired of them weeks ago.
Post by Dekanah (2 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@Rokujo: I actually like listening to the ramblings of an egotistical madman, it's an interesting window into their mind.
 
That said, Aizen's mind isn't nearly as sharp as he thinks it is, when he's (judging from this last chapter) scared and running from a world in which there's always going to be something stronger than you.
Post by vergilius (147 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Random prediction: Ichigo still has his reiatsu, but it is somehow repressed or sealed and no longer "leaks."  The "Final Getsuga Tenshou" is an attack that releases his reiatsu in a sudden burst, like taking your finger out of a hose that you've been plugging.
Post by Make_Me_Mad (29 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I actually like Aizen's new form a lot more than his weird Butterfly/poor-man's-Dio-Brando thing he had going on for the last few weeks, if only because of how he's still got his old face's skin stuck to the sides of his new head.  Still want this fight to be over ASAP, though, so we can get back to something interesting.
Post by Roldan (81 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@rubberluffy said:
" There's just no personality to this fight.  I just feel like "why should I care?" about the whole thing.  And Aizen just keeps getting stupider looking.  I can't be alone in feeling this. "
you're defiently not alone.
Post by gogbot (58 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@make_me_mad said:
" I actually like Aizen's new form a lot more than his weird Butterfly/poor-man's-Dio-Brando thing he had going on for the last few weeks, if only because of how he's still got his old face's skin stuck to the sides of his new head.  Still want this fight to be over ASAP, though, so we can get back to something interesting. "
Bleach is over after this fight , With one or two closing chapters it should be done with.
I really don't think Anyone writing Bleach want's to continue the series anymore.
 
I would very much like bleach to re-capture the excitement of the SS arc , but it does not look like its gona happen.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Aizen is now frieza with wings , congratulations kubo for making things more weirder
Post by lannie (2 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Ever since Ichigo became stronger than Aizen, the recent chapters has been the same as the old fight chapters: 
- Ichigo fights enemy who is stronger than him, Ichigo lose, then Ichigo gain power, now enemy is losing.  
It's the same old thing.  I was hoping of something "smart" thing will happen.  Unfortunately, this manga is almost all about brute strength.  If it's DBZ, it's ok.  But, Bleach, meh.
Post by zaldar (1,294 posts) See mini bio Level 15

bleach has been DBZ since about episode 2.....its shonen very few break the mold unfortunantly.  Even kikisihi which could with its main character wanting to be a baker seems not to really (so much so I've dropped it now).  Ah well, still will dvr the anime or watch it on crunchyroll so I can see azien get beat down.  You know its bad when the princess filler they are showing currently on cartoon network is more interesting to me than the main story...
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,243 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
I'd be pissed about Aizen transforming, but it looks like Ichigo doesn't care and is about to rip him in half anyway.
So I'm still rollin' with it. Hurry up and shove Aizen's stupid wings down his throat Ichigo.
Post by emerald lamp 2814 (6 posts) See mini bio Level 6

 
This fight reminds me of when i play my friend at ping pong he tries as hard as he can but I already know im gonna win so i don't even try but he is doing every thing he can to try and win

Post by Amor (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@gogbot said:
" @make_me_mad said:
" I actually like Aizen's new form a lot more than his weird Butterfly/poor-man's-Dio-Brando thing he had going on for the last few weeks, if only because of how he's still got his old face's skin stuck to the sides of his new head.  Still want this fight to be over ASAP, though, so we can get back to something interesting. "
Bleach is over after this fight , With one or two closing chapters it should be done with. I really don't think Anyone writing Bleach want's to continue the series anymore.  I would very much like bleach to re-capture the excitement of the SS arc , but it does not look like its gona happen. "
Actually i don't think it will be over unless this counts as "The Winter War" arc. Kubo has said before that Captain Unohana would fight in that arc and i haven't seen her do much of anything. So im not sure Bleach will be ending anytime soon.
Post by gogbot (58 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@amor said:
" @gogbot said:
" @make_me_mad said:
" I actually like Aizen's new form a lot more than his weird Butterfly/poor-man's-Dio-Brando thing he had going on for the last few weeks, if only because of how he's still got his old face's skin stuck to the sides of his new head.  Still want this fight to be over ASAP, though, so we can get back to something interesting. "
Bleach is over after this fight , With one or two closing chapters it should be done with. I really don't think Anyone writing Bleach want's to continue the series anymore.  I would very much like bleach to re-capture the excitement of the SS arc , but it does not look like its gona happen. "
Actually i don't think it will be over unless this counts as "The Winter War" arc. Kubo has said before that Captain Unohana would fight in that arc and i haven't seen her do much of anything. So im not sure Bleach will be ending anytime soon. "
well if that's the case i certainly hope the storytelling will improve.
i Have not appreciated much of the direction of the story since the SS arc .And apart from a few Moments Bleach just remains stale for the majority.
 
Let's see what happens
Post by Lemminglen (2 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I was really stoked when Ichigo showed up all bad-ass, but then he backed off, and now I can't help but feel like we're back to stalling for time.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel