Viz’s Ikki magazine is going to make you cry, in a good way

Topic started by GodLen on May 22, 2009. Last post by Rathany 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Remember when ages ago we wrote about how Viz had launched a free online magazine called Ikki? Well its first launch title, Children Of The Sea, will obviously not be its only title, but the first of many. Viz has recently announced four other titles to be released in this online magazine. And they are as follows: Bokurano: Ours, House Of Five Leaves, Dorohedoro, and I’ll Give It My All… Tomorrow.

Viz hasn’t announced exactly when these titles will be ‘printed’, but my guess would be when Children Of The Sea is finished doing it’s thing. This might not seem like big news, but this really is for all you who are mecha fans. Bokurano is a must read for those of you who enjoy crying as much as you enjoy two robots ripping each other apart.

For those of you who watched the anime, do not worry. The anime is different passed a certain point, because the director of the show decided to not follow the manga because he thought it sucked. In a surprise twist of irony, it was the anime that the ugly duckling and not the wonderful manga. That is what we call karma my friends. Anyways, let’s hope they pick Bokurano next after Children Of The Sea.

Post by lanaswift (636 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Bokurano for the epic epic win. What a great, fucked up manga.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
DO WANT.
Post by Rathany (81 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Sweet.  I loved the anime of Bokurano.  Reading the manga will be awesome.  
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel