Trip to the Library: February Blues

Topic started by takashichea on Feb. 18, 2014. Last post by takashichea 5 months ago.
Post by takashichea (10,905 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Welcome everyone! For who are new, I do these blogs to stress family in this community while promoting official releases. Some of us have public libraries that have manga. I like to show what my little brothers and sisters check out. This past semester, I have been busy. I didn't get to drive them to library like I used to do past years. I lived in a split household: commuting between school, roommate's apartment, and family home across cities. I don't have much time to spent with loved ones.

This blog would be short. I just stopped on by the family house and drop the books since parents are too busy while my siblings are still at school.

Note: I do censor the barcodes for security reasons.

I have 2 brothers. One enjoys reading comics: Garfield, Yugioh, and pretty much any Shonen battle manga series. The other brother doesn't like manga. He loves reading about cars, air-crafts, and vehicles. He wants to be an auto mechanic or a pilot.

My little sister is the one who got me into manga and anime. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't discover Anime Vice. She actually found the site for me, but I never thought of making an account. When she recommend Fairy Tail, I was looking online for Fairy Tail, a legal way of watching it,and images for Fairy Tail. I bumped into this site and saw the wiki and image galleries.

I haven't check out Read or Die or Otomen. She's into romance comedic manga and anime series, but she will get into anything. It's probably the same for me since I was a predominant Shonen fan. I tried everything that was recommended by my folks in Anime Vice. I don't have a lot folks outside of AV besides family and two of my Church friends who watches anime and read manga.

Thank you for reading. Hope you and your family are doing well. Get them to try manga and anime! You will be surprise.

Past Blogs

Online Now

Oops, I thought it was Read or Die. It's actually Read or Dream. My mistake. I have to fix the wiki edits I did to DestinyHeroKnight's work.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I think anime is called Read or Die and manga is called Read or Dream.

Read or Die is so much better name.

I watched the series, their ability to manipulate paper made me think of Konan.

Online Now

@bigz007:

Sorry for the late reply. I found this on the Read or Dream's Wikipedia page.

This series is set in the same universe as the manga series Read or Die, featuring a common antagonist to both series, the Dokusensha Corporation. Read or Die's protagonist Yomiko Readman also makes a cameo appearance.

I thought it was a sequel to Read or Die.

@takashichea: I didn't know that.

Online Now

@bigz007:

I'm going to check out Read or Die. My little sister's tastes are pretty similar to mine.

@takashichea: I don't know how much your into Naruto, but after you've done watching R.O.D. can you please let me know if you thought R.O.D. is similar to Naruto.

Online Now

@bigz007:

That's an interesting comparison. I'll let you know. It's funny my sister hated Naruto. Well, she loved the series at first. I watched it with her until Sakura's fight with Sasori. She got fed up with the fillers and that series is pretty repetitive.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel