Top 10 Manga of 2013 Voting Project

Topic started by takashichea on Jan. 30, 2014. Last post by takashichea 4 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (11,149 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Because of the recent Top 10 Best Anime of 2013! and Katmic's top 20 Manga and Manwha, a lot of you guys and gals ask me to make a manga poll because I notice most folks especially the battlations tend to read the manga more than watching anime whether it's current or not. I said that I didn't have a lot time for the project. When I worked with Acura Max for Screened's Top TV Shows of 2013, we had more TV shows than anime. He had a good idea at the time. Making a list of nominees rather than adding the entire list of TV shows. For anime series, it's a short list about 100. For manga, it deals with US acquired ones and ones that only run in Japan. Plus, most of the manga series are obscure. No one makes a neregate chart for new manga series. You see nerecharts for Winter 2014 Anime Guide and rest of the season. The fact is that anime makes more money and gets more hype than manga. Also, anime is easier to simulcast than manga. Having a legal venue exposes it.

Revisions:

I have to use weighted calculations for this poll. I will go into detail with you.

For this project, I'm going to ask you guys for help.

• Nominate manga series that currently publishes in 2013 and it counts for series that ended in 2013, too. As long as the manga runs in 2013 past January's 1st week, I'll count it.
  • For voting, I'll set up a Gdoc form. I won't do weighted calculations like sickVisionz since I have no idea how to do it. It will be good fashion tally count. I'll take care of that during this weekend and set up a deadline.
  • Do you want it on the front page or not? I don't know if the staff will post it since it's a month late. Plus, they do a Vice Pit on it. It takes preparations to gather most of the staff. Sam was absent in the 2013 Vice Pit.

Please see Voting Sheet to suggest manga and manhwa series.

Guidelines and Tips

• The Top Manga for 2013 Poll is up!
  • You don't need a Gmail account to vote. Simply click on the link and fill out the form using your username.
  • For manga titles, please use the names from column A, Titles. The romanized names are to help you guys and gals to search the titles easily. Please don't use the Romanized names.
  • Deadline is March 14, 2014 1AM EST, March 15 3AM PST out of respect for Screened. I extended the deadline so it doesn't overlap.

Let me know if you need help. If there is a manga series I'm missing, let me know. I'll add it. This is a work in progress. I couldn't fill out everything. I will get this project done.

Thank you. Please vote!

Post by Acura_Max (2,323 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I made the voting sheet with more information.

@Acura_Max:

Accepted your nomination and added it as Flowers of Evil.

Oh crap! I forgot to make the poll for the best manga of 2013. After I finish the Quick PIcks for February manga and finish the Kill la KIll summary, I will post the Gdoc poll sheet.

I'm sorry that I forgot about this. Please help me. I don't have all the manga series that run last year. It's tougher to make this list because I have to account for US manga releases and Japanese manga releases. There is no good list of Japanese manga releases in 2013 online.

Post by Acura_Max (2,323 posts) See mini bio Level 13

bump.

Post by taichokage (12,693 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I read some decent stuff in 2013. Toriko, Claymore, Magi and what not were all great. This should be fun.

I set up the poll. Had a tough time making the poll, so you guys and gals can vote but not edit the poll form.

If you're new to Gdocs, you don't need a Gmail account. Simply click on the poll link I provided and fill out the form using the names from the A column. Don't use the Romanized names. I add them to help folks find their manga easily. Let me know if the poll doesn't work. You don't have to vote up to 10 manga series. You can vote for one and up to 10 max.

I won't do calculations because I don't know how sickVisionz does it.

Sorry for the late poll set up.

The deadline is March 14, 2014 at 1AM EST.

I'll edit the OP for the rules. Thank you.

@Acura_Max: @taichokage:

Thanks for bumping it. This took the whole morning. The poll is up now!

Updates

These are the current manga series I added. Feel free to suggest manga series I missed.

• Action Mask
  • Arpeggio of Blue Steel
  • As the Gods Will
  • Attack on Titan
  • A Town Where You Live
  • Bleach
  • Beelzebub
  • Black Butler
  • Black Lagoon
  • Blue Exorcist
  • Btooom
  • Claymore
  • Coppelion
  • Deadman Wonderland
  • Fairy Tail
  • Flowers of Evil
  • Fort of Apocalypse
  • Good Luck Girl!
  • High School of the Dead
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Hungry Joker
  • Inside Mari
  • Is This Girl for Real!?
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
  • King's Game: Origin
  • Kuroko's Basketball
  • Love Theory
  • Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
  • Monster Musume
  • Mysterious Girlfriend X
  • My Wife is Wagatsuma-san
  • Naruto
  • Nobless (Manhwa)
  • Okitenemuru
  • One Piece
  • One Punch Man
  • Orange
  • ReCollection
  • Rosario + Vampire: Season II
  • Sherlock Bones
  • Seven Deadly Sins
  • Shindo
  • Silver Nina
  • Sket Dance
  • Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
  • Space Brothers
  • Spirit Circle
  • Star Light Woman
  • Sun-Ken Rock
  • Toriko
  • Ubel Blatt
  • UQ Holder!
  • Vampire Knight
  • Yamada and the Seven Witches
  • Vinland Saga

Edit

2nd Updates

• Silver Spoon
  • Assassination Classroom
  • Terra Formars
  • Gintama
  • Kingdom
  • Saint Young Men
  • Haikyu!!
  • Ace of Diamond
  • Ao Haru Ride
  • Chihayafuru
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • To Love Ru Trouble Darkness
  • Nisekoi
Post by ForgottenOne (44 posts) See mini bio Level 14

There is no 7th place in the poll

@ForgottenOne:

Thanks for the correction. I'll fix it. Sorry about that.

Edit:

It's updated. Let me know if there is any manga series missing. I"m filling as much as I can find.

Updates

• Added Sekirei, Valvrave spin-off manga, Nagi no Asukara, and Kill la Kill
  • Added Seraph of the End, Medaka Box
  • D. Grayman
Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: Can we see the voting results?

@bigz007:

At the end of this voting month, I will publish a full voting results. I know in the Top 10 Best Anime of 2013! article, my partner, SickVisionz, just posted the results in the comment section. It wasn't ideal to put it there. I'm working on this project alone, but I will tweak the project for the community needs.

I'm willing to hear any suggestions.

Post by Gojira1234 (59 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Out the ones I enjoyed the most, I had trouble deciding between Attack on Titan (for its incredible story and action), and Monster Musume (for its appealing genres of comedy and romance, my two favorites), but seeing as I'll vote Attack on Titan for best anime, I'll vote Monster Musume.

@Gojira1234:

Thank you for your vote, but did you click on the poll link? I don't see your vote.

I fixed your vote. You had a dupe submission. Just to let you know.

Post by madnessreaver (7 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Hello there...um... I don't see The Breaker: New Waves or History Strongest Disciple Kenichi among them.

@madnessreaver:

I just added Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple 2 minutes ago. I will add The Breaker and other Manhwa series.

Sorry, it's a work in progress. Thank you for your help.

Updates

• Iron Knight
  • Rebirth Knight
  • Adventure of Sinbad
  • Hamatora
  • NObunagun
  • Magical Warfare
  • Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha
  • Attack on Titan: Before the Fall
Post by LHWKnight (2,686 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@takashichea: Yeah I did two I think and that is because I kind of forgot to add pupa to the first

Post by Gojira1234 (59 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Sorry. I didn't see the link XP I voted now.

@LHWKnight:

I added Pupa to your vote. You have 2 more spots.

I just added more manga series to the tables. Feel free to PM or reply when you want to vote again.

@Gojira1234:

It's okay. Let me know if you need help or change your votes. I'm adding manga series right now. You might have something to new to change.

Post by madnessreaver (7 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Um.. well, does Girls of the Wilds count in?

@madnessreaver:

I check Wikipedia, MyAnimeList, and BakaUpdates. I can't tell, but it seems to be ongoing. I'll add it. Thank you.

I don't have a good list of Manwha titles, but thank you for your help.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel