Tintin-san wa Manga ni Natta

Topic started by gia on March 10, 2009. Last post by Devilly 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Man, making a manga drawing of a beloved classic western cartoon or comic-- like, say, the Simpsons or Peanuts –is proving a great way for artists to get attention! I'm not sure if the artist who created this is French or Belgian, but since the Tintin comics were created by Belgian creator Herge, I'm betting on the latter. It's a remakeof The Seven Crystal Balls' cover, one of the 24 main books of Tintin's series (a 25 book was released based on one of the animated films). Here's the original cover, too, if you're curious.

It's cute. Admit it! Or maybe it's just my Tintin nostalgia (my dad was a fan, so we had most of the books around when I was a kid)? Anyone else? It also makes me wonder how the Tintin movie is going...hmm.

Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
LoL yep the artist was Belgian Gia, As i can see from the link its the same artist who also did the Robbedoes & Kwabbernoot manga (better known as Spirou et Fantasio). I wouldnt want to read this because its basically the same story but the characters look like DB characters so i already know it wouldnt be worth my money or time (also because i have the Dutch comic already in my collection) btw i know that Kapitein Haddock is supposed to look like Hercule but he actually looks more like a hobo XD
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Thanks for the info, Devilly-- that's awesome! ^_^ That said I was under the impression that he didn't do it as a full comic, just a cover, for amusement's sake...I could be wrong; I don't speak French in the slightest! :)
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I did all i could with my very limited french i liked the mixed comments on the concept and also this cool pic:

Just to darn funny XD
Just to darn funny XD

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel