The manga endorsement thread .

Topic started by ownagepants on March 16, 2014. Last post by ownagepants 2 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by ownagepants (380 posts) See mini bio Level 10

This is a thread for people who are reading an obscure manga series that are not well known and to inform people about that manga series. Please help me out. Thank you.

Also, if the manga series is not listed in the wiki database, please add it to the wiki database. If you need help, please contact the mods: Acura Max, Daniel Newton, FoxxFireArt, or Takashichea.

Rules

• Please add a description with your recommendation. Make it sound exciting.
  • You may include pictures if you want to.
  • Please don't include spoilers.

Related Threads

Post by takashichea (12,299 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@ownagepants:

I don't see a lot of folks lying about manga recommendations. Folks here in Anime Vice are pretty honest about their recommendations.

You may want to add link to the manga discussion threads from the Discussion Directory ~ Chat about New Anime & Manga! if you're going to make a key community project.

Popular manga like hst or toriko do not need a shout out on this thread .

This might not be a good idea since you have the Underrated Manga topic already which covers obscure manga, too. Just make it open to everything. You will get more traffic to this thread.

@takashichea: I am not saying your dishonest just want to make sure all the rules are clear.

And I can't link anything at the moment my computer is busted have to work on my tablet if you could do it for me that would be great otherwise I will do it next time I'm on a computer.

@ownagepants:

I'll link it for you.

@takashichea: ya but in that one they are just saying the titles of underated manga here they are trying to get people to read manga they like but do not get a lot of attention.

@ownagepants:

Pinned your thread and fixed the grammar in your OP for you.

Post by Acura_Max (2,335 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Fixed the thread to make it look a bit nicer.

This is what I changed.

@Acura_Max:

Oh I didn't see you. I must over written your edit. My bad. I was showing him how to make the tone more friendlier.

World Trigger is about aliens that emerged from a portal one day and attacked earth these aliens are called neighbors unable to combat them with normal weapons border was formed.Border is a organization that uses neighbor technology to make weapons the most popular one being the trigger .The main protagonist is Osamu Mikumo a young border agent with almost no proficiency with triggers and only a strong urge to protect the weak going for him .His future as a border agent looks bleak that is until he meets strange transfer student yuma kuga setting in motion a series of events that will shake up the entire organization.

Hadesu Sensei is no ordinary middle school nurse. In fact, many students believe he is a shinigami. His excessive friendliness and eagerness to win his students' affection does little to offset his terrifying appearance. But, fortunately for this middle school, Hadesu Sensei is an expert at extracting "byouma", demons of disease, from possessed students!

Post by taichokage (13,315 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Hmm. I'll hit this up a little later. World Trigger is a nice endorsement btw.

@ownagepants said:

• Popular manga series do not need a shout out on this thread.

@takashichea: ya but in that one they are just saying the titles of underated manga here they are trying to get people to read manga they like but do not get a lot of attention.

I did some thinking. When a new fan who hasn't tried any manga or anime, they usually make threads on getting recommendations. Some users will find threads to ask recommendations. In this community, when you look at this thread's title, you want to give them good manga and anime series they would like based on their preferences. It's easier to recommend series that are popular like the gate way series: Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Ranma.

Look at it from the new fan's perspective.

Yamada and the Seven Witches

For those who love comedic romance series, I recommend this manga series.

It's about a delinquent who discovers he has powers by kissing people. His power is swapping with people's body after a fateful encounter with a smart, introverted young girl. I can't say anymore due to spoilers because his power is further explained and revealed to be something else.

It's available legally on Crunchyroll. You have to pay a subscription to view past chapters. Only recent chapters are free to read.

@takashichea: Your right I deleted that rule but am unable to get rid of the bullet point so do you have any ideas of a rule I could put up their otherwise that is going to bother me.

And that series sounds interesting although I am not that Into romance series I liked The world only god knows so I will give this one a shot as well.

@ownagepants:

I fixed it. The glitch is caused when you delete it from the wrong direction. You have delete from this 2nd bullet. That way it doesn't do auto undo effect or whatever it's called.

World Trigger sounds interesting. Haven't had enough Sci-Fi and action shows lately. I would try it.

Edit:

Blood Lad is a Shonen series about a vampire otaku (Staz) who is bored with the demon world. He wants to explore the human world because he loves everything about Japan. One day, this human girl, Fuyumi, winds up at his place. He tries to befriend her and want to ask her about Japan. When a rival boss or monster attacks his home town, Staz is a boss of a district. Forgot to mention that.

Anyways, after Staz beats this guy, he comes back and finds the human girl eaten alive. She is now a ghost. It's up to Staz to restore Fuyumi.

That's pretty much it without spoilers.

The World Only God Knows is a romantic comedy manga but it has elements not seen in your standard romcom/ The series follows Keima Katsuragi A master of dating sims who is far more interested in 2d girls then real world ones . One day he receives a challenge and when he accepts this challenge he is forced to capture souls for hell that hide themselves in the hearts of girls (if he fails his head get chopped off ).And the only way for him to get them out is by making the girls fall in love with him this a nightmare for katsuragi who just want to play games.

@takashichea: Thanks for the help and I love blood lad although I fell behind .

City of a dead sorcerer

This manga takes place in a world where magic has become as easy to use as simply purchasing an app over an market on your phone then casting it .The story is about detective kim a average man who hates magic so much so that he does not even use the higher degree of magic allowed to officers.But kim's entire world is shaken up when the serial killer of killers emerges by the name of crimson robe the weirdest thing of all is that the magic Crimsion robe uses should be impossible for modern day magic tech so how does he do it well you are gonna need to read the manga to find out.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,189 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ownagepants:

that is not a manga , it's a web comic

@ownagepants: you should only add manga as the title of this thread

@SMXLR8:

that is not a manga , it's a web comic

Personally, I don't think it matters. Girls of the Wild's was a web comic series, and it got published as a manga. For that Manhwa series, I couldn't find much info on its publishers. It's a safe bet that it might get published.

EDIT

@ownagepants:

I add that to the manga wiki database as soon as I find a good Manhwa cover and the publisher's name.

@takashichea: Girls of the wild I love that series I should put that up next time I am on my compm

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel