The First Manga You Read

Topic started by Dream on April 28, 2010. Last post by ngkachun1982 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Dream (7,415 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Pretty self-explanatory. What was the first manga series you started reading? In my case, it was Inuyasha during my early years in college.
Post by Burntlettuce (155 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Honestly the first Manga I read was probably Naruto, back in the day when I was obsessed with it and it was still pretty decent. First manga I completed was either Suzuka or B-Shock, I can't quite remember the order in which I finished those two, really enjoyed both of them though.
Post by Achilles (28 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Hellsing
Post by Cogito (478 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Yeah, Naruto , and a long time ago.
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Bleach
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Astroboy along time ago. i still have the copy
Post by Zeether77 (8 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Pokemon Adventures/Special, but the first true right to left manga I read was Initial D.
Post by Ragnorak (38 posts) See mini bio Level 12
The megaman manga series but the first one I read knowing it was manga was mahou sensei negima.
Post by wwfunderaker (485 posts) See mini bio Level 15
School Rumble.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@wwfunderaker: Because of your avatar, I always think your me lol. 
Anyway I think my very first manga was naruto.
Post by Wraith (140 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Ranma 1/2, back when it was still printed in the western style of comics
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Probably Yu Yu Hakusho. I picked it up pretty much immediately after it began publishing. Bleach soon followed. Now I'm up on like 20+different series. Shonen Jump is a gateway drug.
Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20
My first manga was the Dark Horse comics edition of Ghost in the Shell as a trade paperback in about 1997 or 1998. Somewhere in that range.
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Dragon Ball. Yes I'm that old
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I think it was actaully the DBZ manga, but i'm not sure about that.
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Hummm... I don't think I really remember I kind of narrowed it down to Chobits, the Cowboy Bebop, or Battle Angle Alita manga. 
Although I think I really started with the MegaTokyo. (I know not really "manga" but it was on-line, free, and made me look up other manga so I give it some credit for that)
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
The FullMetal Alchemist manga was the first one that I read...although I seem to recall this one manga that was based on a twisted Running-Man styled game called the  "The Lottery" (A survival/killing contest in which dozens of people are placed on a secured island and they must fight each other until only one is left standing.) 

Anyone know of this?
Post by Frostalicious (44 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I want to say Dragon Ball was my first because I remember having a few single 30 page issues back in the early 2000s. This was before manga had its own section in most book stores.
Post by sickVisionz (4,255 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I think it was D. Gray-Man.  I used to work in a building that had a bookstore in it and during down time I would read D.Gray-Man.
Post by MetalMac (26 posts) See mini bio Level 3
CLAMP's Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles would be my cherry-popper for manga reading...
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel