Saving Space By Going Digital

Topic started by Jecht on Nov. 12, 2010. Last post by N7_Normandy 4 years ago.
Post by Jecht (39 posts) See mini bio Level 9

So today I said to myself “wow! I have a lot of manga and its taking up to much space. I wonder if I should get a Kindle and start a digital collection?” So I went to Amazon and looked at the manga selection and everything was yaoi, hentai and how to draw manga. If you go to any bookstore they will tell you that “those are the best selling things in the manga section” but come on the Kindle is all digital. They can put anything new and old on the store and if it sells at all then they make a higher profit then selling the actual book. Heck, lasts years profit margin covers the sells of anything that doesn’t sell.

Anyway, the real question of the day is “is it wise to spend 120$ on a Kindle just to buy 6$ manga?” Im really starting to run out of space for manga and I hate having to pack a large box just for my books everything I move. ( I had to pack 4 times last year T_T )    
Post by Kelleth (7,798 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Well i for one never want to go digital, i just love paper to much ^^
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Jecht said:
"  So I went to Amazon and looked at the manga selection and everything was yaoi, hentai and how to draw manga. "  
Oh. Wait, what?! 

I'd suggest to look at what current devices you have that support Kindle books, such as Android phones, Apple's iDevices, etc. Though I haven't started reading any manga on my phone yet (first time I've heard of the possibility), so I haven't seen the effect of the small screen for myself. It's probably bad for your eyes, but with "that" kind of selection, you're going blind anyway. 

@Kelleth: Digital's easier to read with one hand than paper, if you know what I mean. Also, easier to clean!
Post by Jecht (39 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Kelleth said:

"Well i for one never want to go digital, i just love paper to much ^^ "

Years ago I was that “that guy” that said “I love the feel of paper and having the physical copy to keep forever” but after having piles of manga that you know you are not going to get around to reading again, I need to go digital. During this year I have been flying a lot more and taking 5 books in my carry on and finishing them before we land isn’t fun.

Post by takashichea (14,323 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
 You can check 
http://bgz.tv/how-to-get-manga-on-your-kindle-1-or-2-step-by-step-guide/
to download manga from a good websites like mangaplus or stoptazmo.com to your kindle.
The stuff in the kindle store is not much for manga fans.
stoptazmo is free I believe and mangaplus has a subscription.
Post by takashichea (14,323 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
@Jecht: 
I should buy a kindle and start downloading. That website on how to download had a lot of happy customers judging by their comments at the bottom of the page.
Post by godeater (2,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11
well I like having the books in my room feels better to read.
Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24
If you plan on buying a lot of books and manga via the device, then it's worth it.  Paper is super inconvenient imo.  It's gets heavy very fast.  If I'm on a 6 hour flight, it's not realistic to carry 6 hours of manga with me.  That would be some serious wait.  With a Kindle, I could carry weeks of manga and it'd only weigh as much as the device.  It's backlit, so I can read in the dark.  If you like having stuff on a shelf, the Kindle isn't for you.  If you just like reading,  I think it's a compelling package, assuming the titles you want are available for it.
Post by N7_Normandy (36 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Kelleth said:
" Well i for one never want to go digital, i just love paper to much ^^ "
this
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel