Recommend Manga series to read or check out

Topic started by saoakden on Feb. 8, 2014. Last post by phantomrant 7 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by saoakden (12 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I've been reading manga since late 2006 and I have read a number of manga series. I have read: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Death Note, Rave, Fairy Tail, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hellsing, Rurouni Kenshin, InuYasha, Soul Eater, Yu Yu Hakasho, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, and I recently started reading Attack on Titan. I want to read more manga but I don't know which ones to read or check out. I'm open to reading any kind of manga. So if anyone can give me any recommendations on what manga to read or to check out, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Dragonball or Claymore seem up your alley action wise. If u want action without the over the top powers I would suggest Holyland. If you want something somewhat darker in tone, similar to Hellsing, Elfin Lied or Deadman Wonderland might be a good bet. You might also wanna give Dream Eater Merry a try.

Post by bigz007 (1,093 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@saoakden: Try The Seven Deadly Sins

Post by Haiken (1,045 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@saoakden: Nurarihyon no Mago is a good one since i see you like action comedy genre with badassness and demons.. :D

Post by taichokage (13,408 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Hunter x Hunter. Especially if you enjoyed Yu yu Hakusho. Its by the same author and it's great.

I second Claymore, especially if you liked Shingeki no Kyojin. A lot of parallels but much better art and a notably more in depth story given that its been around longer and is still ongoing (although it seems to be near the end). It will probably be the darkest series you'll have read if you do.

Code Geass. Especially if you liked Death Note but for this one I'd recommend the anime. Different setting but very similar plot involving a genius main character with world domination in mind. I wont spoil more than that. Love this one.

Post by takashichea (12,444 posts) See mini bio Level 25

If you like Attack on Titan, Btooom! might be for you. The setting is not like Attack on Titan, but its violence and gore is roughly the same. If you hate rape, don't read it. It's about Ryota who is a NEET, an unemployed guy who plays video games. He winds up abducted and transported to an island where folks kill each other to collect IC chips to get off the island. He realizes they're reliving his favorite video game, Btooom.

If you like Rave Master and Fairy Tail, go with Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic. You may like it because it's Shonen, has adventures, and has fan service coupled with more chibi than FMA. It may look like a happy to go lucky shonen series with its comedic moments, it explores dark themes such as slavery and racism just like Fullmetal Alchemist. It's about a trio, Aladdin, Morgiana, and Alibaba. It's predominantly about Aladdin who is a Magi, one who is loved by the Rukh. After dungeon diving, he finds his real goals: stopping an evil organization from causing civilization from falling into depravity.

Edit:

Move to Just Manga Forum

Post by phantomrant (1,359 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Seems like you're a shonen fighting fan:

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

KHR

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel