Pros and Cons of Shoujo

Topic started by Enigma777 on Nov. 2, 2011. Last post by Bigheart711 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Enigma777 (14 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Pros:

• None

Cons:

• Bad art
  • Stupid characters
  • Stupider storylines
  • Unrealistic settings
  • Unnecessary clutter
  • Did I mention the art was bad?

I'd like to thank our friendly neighborhood moderator Black_Rose for this idea. Feel free to send any comments you may have his way.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Remember, if trolls are ignored they tend to retreat back into their caves and hide. Let this response be the only one not created by the OP... and not because a mod locked it before others replied, but because everyone had the good sense to not give him the time of day.

@sickVisionz: You put too much faith in others

Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Don't like shoujo either, can't stand the unrealistic or should I say, spineless characters. The story-line is indigestible and yes, I hate the art.

But most shoujo would have had female mangaka drawn from female point of view about female problems, an alien world to me so figures.................

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Enigma777: Can't say I'm not a tad disappointed.  You're actually a relatively decent member on GB.  Unfortunate you feel the need to be an idiot here.

@Turambar said:

@Enigma777: Can't say I'm not a tad disappointed. You're actually a relatively decent member on GB. Unfortunate you feel the need to be an idiot here.

How dare you! You take that back! I've spent countless hours trying to develop my asshole persona on GB.

Also this is an open discussion but I have yet to see anyone give any pros... Food for thought...

Post by Bigheart711 (3,931 posts) See mini bio Level 21

In my opinion, there are a huge number of shoujo series with great art and storylines (Honey and Clover, Princess Tutu and Nana for example), but like most sub-genres there are a number of such series that contained more bad points than good (especially for the usage of cliches like what happened with the Shugo Chara anime series). Since shoujou series are more geared towards female audiences, it is understandable of some male readers/viewers opinions whom had a bad experience with the genre, but stating that there aren't any good points for this (or any other genre) is a bit extreme to say for other men whom are into said genres.

In the end, this is just your opinion and yours alone, OP, so there's no need to force other's opinions at all since they cannot be stopped.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel