North Korea Kidnapped Me And Took Me To The Bookstore

Topic started by gia on Jan. 20, 2009. Last post by Lunarmoth 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
North Korea Kidnapped My Daughter
North Korea Kidnapped My Daughter
Okay, not really, obviously. And normally I wouldn't do a post just to highlight a particular manga or anime going on sale. But I just got a press release reminding me of a particular volume which is a very special manga, and not just because it's based on a true story-- though that's not exactly common in the manga world either.

North Korea Kidnapped My Daughter is a manga by Sakie Yokota, the mother of a girl who disappeared in 1977 who was revealed 20 years later to have been kidnapped and held in North Korea, where she still lived. Sometime after that North Korea released a group of hostages and claimed those not released were dead, which would have included Yokota's daughter Megumi-- but evidence of these deaths were never provided, and Megumi Yokota may be living in North Korea to this day.

I haven't gotten to read the book yet myself (after all, it just came out in stores today), but I've heard that it's absolutely phenomenal, and I plan to go out and pick it up later. I recommend you do, too!

Post by Kyjin (12 posts) See mini bio Level 5
There's a documentary film on Megumi as well that's very good if you're interested. 
Post by Lunarmoth (193 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Mmm... interesting. I would pick it up to give it a read.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel