Naruto Manga #591 - 2 Legit 2 Quit

Topic started by sickVisionz on June 27, 2012. Last post by TheNobody 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Naruto #591 - Risk

Guess who's bizzack!!!
Guess who's bizzack!!!

In a Nutshell

As the Edo's say their goodbyes, Dan spirit travels to Tsunade to say wassup. Madara, still wanting to kick ass and take names, undoes his Edo Tensei contract in order to continue the fight.

High Points

• Dan's talk with Tsunade was far less cheesy than it had any right to be.
  • The Edo's exploding into paper and light looked pretty cool.
  • Hell yes, Madara is here to stay.

Low Points

• Nothing I can think of.

Rants and Raves

It really boils down to one thing: Hell yes, Madara isn't dead. I loved that even when his spirit was leaving his body, he was the only one trying to get in one last attack while all the other Edo were basically like, "ahh, now I can rest." I've long thought that the Edo body is the perfect body. It's extremely hackable, indestructible, and has infinite chakra. Why oh why didn't Orochimaru want a body like that rather than some Uchiha body that he'd lose after a few years anyways?

Grade

I give this chapter a B+. A better chapter than last week, which was a pretty darn good to begin with. Madara rocks. There's really no more to be said other than that. He's a bad enough dude to fight the Kages and he's here to stay.

Post by taichokage (13,406 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Oh yeah, Madara is still there. Somehow I knew this would happen. It's astonishing though that he alone seemed to know how to bypass the Edo ability. Even Itachi faded away although he might not have stayed if he did know how. Also Kabuto isn't dead. The big 3 villains are all still active!
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,289 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Why do I have a feeling that Sasuke will come and beat Madara, anyway this was a ok chapter

Also do Kishimoto like giving the yaoi fans fuel?

I kinda have that feeling too. The kage clearly arent winning. He is the only other person besides Madara and possibly Tobi with an eternal Mangekyou sharingan. But he still shouldn't take it. Madara knows all the Uchiha tricks and won't be fooled with some genjutsu, Izanami or Izanagi (assuming that Sasuke leaned the latter two) that always seem to get Uchiha out of death situations. Also Madara has the Rinnegan and Mokuton. That should be too much for Sasuke even now, but we'll see. Right now he has Kabuto to deal with and until a moment ago, he was manhandling both Itachi and Sasuke.

@taichokage: Another Uchiha vs Uchiha battle would be cool. Based off of nothing but dreams of awesome mixed with what would have the most patented Naruto cheesiness, my prediction is that Madara basically one-shots Tobi, leaving Naruto and Sasuke to team back up in order to fight Zombidara.

I like it mainly because Madara has the rinnegan, the sharingan, and the 1st Hokage's wood abilities in his bodies. He's like the Sage of 6 Paths. Naruto and Sasuke are like the two sons of the Sage (one got the eyes, the other got the body). It's nice symbolism if the sons have to team up in order to take down their evil father.

I think Naruto vs Sasuke won't happen. I think Sasuke probably won't die or really suffer any consequences for his actions, most of which were actually positive (defeating Akatsuki members, defeating S-rank criminals), Neutral (defeating evil Hokage Danzo), or likely forgivable (picking a fight with Killer Bee). Him helping to defeat Madara will either get his crimes publicly pardoned or secretly pardoned where he's still a criminal but no nation actually sends out forces to capture or pursue him.

Exactly. Sasuke almost certainly will be pardoned especially seeing that he never actually killed anybody that wasnt already a villain as you said. And since it was revealed that the Uzumaki (Naruto) are a part of the Senju, Naruto and Sasuke are literally the modern age versions of the Sage's sons and their descendants the Legendary Hashirama and Madara. They will either repeat history for the third time and be great rivals, or they will fall far from the tree and end the legacy of Senju/Uchiha rivalry. Very clever how Kishimoto planned this out from the beginning, but it only became clear recently. The last mystery left is Tobi. Who is he, what will he do, why is he doing it and will he do it or will Madara take the top antagonist spot from him.

@taichokage: They've already given Tobi a why, but I really hope that he is nobody special, or at least wasn't special until he started doing his Tobi thing. It would be a bit anti-climatic, but I think it'd be interesting if he was serious about the line where he said, "Madara Uchiha is an ideal." When someone questioned whether he was the real Madara or not.

If he was just some regular dude who idolized Madara and found a way to become powerful (almost like how the Bleach filler baddie Kageroza Inaba was just a regular no name dude who found a way to get powers rather than being some super uber bad ass mysterious legendary character from the start), I think that'd be more interesting than him being someone we've all heard of before.

If he was just a regular dude like one man with conviction in his beliefs can change the world, that'd be an interesting take on a villain.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Madara's amazing. That is all.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

This chapter was alright...I wanted there to be more action though. I'm looking forward to see what Madara does next chapter.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Also Madara finally confirmed what everyone was thinking, the Edo fighters get infinte chakra. That does explain why he was able to use such high chakra techniques without draining himself, even Madara would've had his limits normally you would think.

Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7
This chapter was great, the only disappointment in this chapter was that Madara found some hax way to escape Edo Tensei and has now become invincible.... Reason why? Everyone in Naruto is f*cking screwed but Naruto himself, it's obvious that the Kages can't beat Madara so it's gonna end really messy for the Kages if no one steps in. Whatever Madara is going to pull out next it's gonna be sh*t blowing, as much as I like and praise Madara for his power he needs to go, I don't know what Kishimoto was thinking for the ending of this chapter because Madara is OP. Sasuke has Kabuto to worry about so he won't be stepping in to save the Kages and Naruto is to busy with Tobi (who I hope will reveal his identity). Though the way how Kishimoto set everything up was brilliant, who'd expect all this to happen from the early start of Shippuden? Naruto and Sasuke are basically like the modern Hashirama and Madara which I find to be so ironic because history now is repeating itself in the Naru verse. 

@TheNobody said:

Though the way how Kishimoto set everything up was brilliant, who'd expect all this to happen from the early start of Shippuden? Naruto and Sasuke are basically like the modern Hashirama and Madara which I find to be so ironic because history now is repeating itself in the Naru verse.

They've been showing that symbolism for a long time though.

Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@sickVisionz: True though in the beginning of Naruto it wasn't clearly explained who Madara and Hashirama were but that they just fought each other. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel