Naruto Manga #590 - Hey Fun Boys, Get a Room

Topic started by sickVisionz on June 20, 2012. Last post by sickVisionz 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,297 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Naruto #590 - I Will Love You Forever

"Best. Chapter. Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Yaoi Uchiha Incest Shipper

In a Nutshell

The Edo start packing up to leave and Itachi tells Sasuke that he killed his own people out of a love for his enslav... village.

High Points

• Danzo back in action, being a hard ass Dick Cheney style leader.

Low Points

• More Itachi slaughtered his family, friends, and race to save people who hated him and his kind... that's a real hero sentiment.

Rants and Raves

If you're into the whole Itachi is a hero thing, there was some good stuff in this, but I've never been able to get that line of thought. When they first introduced Itachi to the series as this psycho who massacred his own people just to see if he could, I thought that was pretty insane and interesting. It wasn't particularly deep, but in a sea of Naruto (shonen in general) featuring bad guys who were really just sad and lonely children, this was refreshing. Once they revealed the truth behind his actions... all his likability went out the window for me. My views are that basically, Itach is like a slave who not only told "massa" about the rebellion, but actually went and then murdered all of the slaves so that he could protect the safety and comfortable liestyles of all those kind ole slave owners who oppressed him. I never got the heroism in that and never will. This chapter is basically nothing but more, "he's really a hero," talk that I just can't comprehend.

Grade

I give this chapter a B. I hate the whole Itachi is a hero slant, but the chapter was pretty entertaining and it was interesting. It sucks that the Madara Edo is gone, though. He was a favorite of mine.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,575 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I wouldn't say I hate the slant, it's just different imo. It would've been equally cool if they'd just left him as a bad ass but the story would've had to go a whole different way seeing as Itachi's affected the story as much as anyone.

I enjoyed this chapter, we finally get to see the truth from the person who actually did everything.

I was kind of sad to see that they're just going to kill of Madara, after he finally decided to get serious.

Post by takashichea (12,687 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@sickVisionz said:

Normally, I'm not in pace with the latest manga chapter, but I looked at pictures. Best caption of the week ever! You made my day as well as every yaoi fangirl (no offense).

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,300 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I like this chapter (still think Itachi is a villain and also still don't like Sasuke) it was a nice flashback.

Post by taichokage (13,650 posts) See mini bio Level 20
At this rate, Naruto will probably end before Bleach (maybe not in overall content but by actual date). Well the kage are most likely very humbled after that experience. It shows that their generation has not equalled the previous ones. But with all the Edo now gone and White Zetsu defeated, there's only 2 known villains left alive. Tobi and the Black Zetsu. What will happen next I wonder. As for the Uchiha brother moment, in itself I felt it was a bit cheesy but actually felt a little sentimental. It showed that their last final farewell was not the real one and that Sasuke no longer is left at a cliffhanger where he tries to piece together an understanding. He now knows the full truth and at least to that degree is at peace. Even though I am not a fan of his character, I actually felt something.

@taichokage: The only surprise left to me is that even without Kabuto's Edos, Tobi was planning on challenging the world. I wonder if the Zetsus were his only plan or if he had something else up his sleeve that he hasn't yet used due to thinking Kabuto's forces would be enough.

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

This was a really cute chapter, and really moving. True, we got more recaps on the Uchiha massacre, but at least we got the parts that we missed, like what Itachi really was thinking and his parents.

@takashichea said:

@sickVisionz said:

Normally, I'm not in pace with the latest manga chapter, but I looked at pictures. Best caption of the week ever! You made my day as well as every yaoi fangirl (no offense).

I've never really thought of the Uchiha brothers fitting the Yaoi or Incest category.. Its brotherly love lol which is different XD If you've got siblings that you're really close to, you'd understand that it is a different feeling :P But I guess some fangirls who are into that sort of thing might think of this scene that way. As for me, I just see it as a pure brother to brother relationship :D

Post by Lurkero (412 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I hate that Itachi is seen as a pseudo-hero.

He betrayed his clan twice: once for revealing plans and twice when he murdered them. He is not a hero at all, and for some reason Kishimoto wrote Sasuke's reaction as hating the Leaf and not hating that Itachi couldn't think of a better way to handle it than murdering everyone.

Besides, I have never been able to buy that Itachi was so strong he could kill his entire village. That's just ridiculous.

Post by All_StarSupes (778 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Itachi killed everybody in his clan so I don't think he'll ever be held as a hero. And he's suffered many times during his life because of his crimes.

Post by takashichea (12,687 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@UsachanMaN:

Of course, I know it was brotherly love. Don't worry, I'm not into that. I was laughing hard when I read the caption.

Post by kenharkey7 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I enjoyed this chapter, i've enjoyed pretty much every chapter for the past few months. The OP brings up a good point about Tobi, were the zetsu's his plan? Did he bank on Kabuto for a while now? And (if I missed it tell me), Just who is he? I'll certainly be looking for ward to the next chapter but also sad cause I feel the series is coming to an end here pretty quick.

@UsachanMaN: It should be noted that, along with the blog title, every image is either edited for comedic effect or captioned for the same purpose. Don't take any of those as more than me trying to be funny.

@kenharkey7: Same here. They just got rid of basically every major threat to the Ninja world. Because of the location of characters, it's very much a situation now of everyone in the ninja world from every village vs Sasuke and Tobi... with Tobi being a guy who has never been successful at anything other than Sharinganing a little kid Mizukage. It seems like they are crazy out numbered and the series could end in 2 or 3 months unless they come up with some new threat.

Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7
You're all forgetting that the clan itself were really villains, Itachi had no other choice but to kill his entire clan in order to stop another war of bloodshed and hate. If it weren't for Itachi the Naru verse would be stuck in another third great Ninja War. Does that not make him a hero? He just saved millions of lives from being killed with the sacrifice of his own clan! And I don't think Itachi and Sasuke fit the whole yaoi thing, I find it rather disgusting and trust me I read yaoi and yuri. Itachi isn't Sasuke's step brother or some friend, he is his older brother. Just look at the way they were when they were young, how Itachi deeply loved his younger brother more than anything in the world. That's true brotherly love right there... 

@TheNobody:

You're all forgetting that the clan itself were really villains, Itachi had no other choice but to kill his entire clan in order to stop another war of bloodshed and hate

The clan wasn't villains, the leaf are the ones who make them want to rebel. They got blame for Kurama attacking the village, when it wasn't there fault

Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Destinyheroknight: True but both the leaf and the Uchiha were wrong, the Leaf were wrong for accusing them and they were wrong for wanting to destroy the leaf village. Both the Leaf and the Uchiha could've resolve this civilly but it didn't work out that way, and it wasn't necessarily the leaf fault for blaming them, it was really Danzo's and the Elders fault for all of this to happen. But the Uchiha were already planning to destroy the leaf and the leaf felt the only way to stop them was to exterminate the clan, they didn't want to take the risk in sparking another civil war. 

@TheNobody:

They wanted to overthrow and take over the leaf, not destroy it (Sasuke is the one who want to destroy it). The Leaf was run by the Senju clan (there old rivals), they wasn't treating the Uchiha right. (they only give them the police job). The Uchiha have all the right to rebel.

Also the third was talking to them (he probably could have gotten to them). But no, Donzo and Itachi believe it would be a way better idea to kill them all (beside Sasuke) Also, I just read there little talk, it was all "if that happen". So yeah, Itachi is a villain for not trusting his family or the village to talk it out

@TheNobody: I don't blame the Leaf for their actions, my gripe has always been why the heck Itachi chose to kill his own in order to protect his enemies. It seems like Stockholm Syndrome and is actually crazier than a Jewish person who thinks that Hitler and the Nazis were awesome and the most bestest thing ever.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel