My Top 5 Favorite Chapters Of 2013

Topic started by Destinyheroknight on Jan. 27, 2014. Last post by Destinyheroknight 8 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Hello, everyone! And welcome to another blog by DHK. Sorry, I haven't been writing that much blogs, I have been busy with life and also sorry for not doing that contest I said I'll do in the last blog (I still planning to do it, just need the time). Any who, before January ends I'll do my top 5 list of 2013. I decided to go with the best chapters of last year, because last year was the year of the Simulcasting Manga. With that said, here is my rules for my list

There will be spoilers in this list

1. I only using chapters that came out in 2013
  2. I only using chapters I read in 2013
  3. I only using the official chapters
  4. I only using one chapter per series

I guess, I'll start with one honorable mention. This chapter is awesome, but didn't cut it for the real list

Honorable Mention

One Piece: Chapter 731 - Operation Dressrosa S.O.P.

This was an amazing chapter of One Piece, it have one of the best moments in the series. The reveal of Sabo was nicely done, and both him and Koala being part of the Revolutionary Army and Koala being the first human user of Fishman Karate was just amazing and made sense in story. And we found about Toy Soldier's plan and the person behind turning people into Toys. It was all round a good chapter. But I don't feel it was the best for this year

My Top Five Chapters Of 2013

5. Fairy Tail: Chapter 358 - The Devil Particles

This was an amazing chapter of Fairy Tail, it build up the villain of the arc to be a force to deal and show how dangers they our by taking out Laxus and his Thunder God Tribe and killing one hundred people. That show, the usual Fairy Tail's brute force won't work on these new enemies and they have to be more careful. But with recent FT chapters the villain feel like the same villains from the other arcs, so I hope FT build threat back up

4. World Trigger: Chapter 40 - Yuma Kuga: Part 8

World Trigger didn't start out that good, but it have been growing on me. This chapter show Yuma wasn't like the other Shonen heroes who usually new to everything and pure, Yuma is different because he already a skillful soldier who have seen combat in has day. He pretty much a cold blood killer when he isn't making a duck face. He pretty much destroy Shun Midorikawa for disrespecting his pal Osamu

3. The Seven Deadly Sins: Chapter 22 - A Pursuer to Fear

This chapter was a great battle chapter, it introduce one of my favorite characters of the Deadly Sins, Holy Knight Guila. I really enjoy the art and the action, it show Guila was a force to deal and how far she'll go to inforce her sense of Justice. I also like the fact nobody really explain their powers to the enemy (Bleach), it them feel more smarter in figuring out their enemy powers. Also the cliffhanger with Ban and King was cool

2. One-Punch Man: Bonus Chapter

One-Punch Man is one of my favorite Manga at the moment, I love the story and the art it was an all round good manga. Anyway, this bonus chapter was amazing. It show us the point of view of a police force in a super hero world and how they are being overshadow by the Superheroes. In the mainstream comics, we never really a view of the police and how they feel about the heroes, they usually cart the villain to jail or high five Spider-Man for doing a good job. It was pretty cool seeing the police's point of view in the matter

1. One Piece: Chapter 700 - His Momentum

This is my favorite chapter of 2013, this chapter is the reason why I love One Piece. It pretty much show you how important Don Quixote Doflamingo title as Warlord is, it pretty much throw some countries into chaos. We also get to see the new Warlord the Genius Jester Buggy and it stand up the villains of the arc pretty well. And last but not lease, we found out Doffy have the Flame-Flame Fruit

Well, that my list for 2013. I might have miss some stuff, but I feel pretty good about this list. Tell me what you think about my list and share with me, your favorite chapters of 2013. Next blog (I'm hope) is Viz's Shonen Jump vs Simulpub

Thanks for reading and remember to support the Anime/Manga industry

Sorry if their was any typos.

Also here some awesome blogs to check out

Post by takashichea (13,206 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Can't think of a favorite chapter in Fairy Tail. Don't worry, I didn't read the Fairy Tail part on your blog. I know I got one for Yamada and the Seven Witches, but it has spoilers. It's towards the end of the series. I still need to read One Punch Man and catch up in One Piece and Bleach. Awesome blog by the way.

@takashichea:

Thank you, I try my best

Why didn't you read it? I thought you read that chapter, I remember you was talking about it in the Fairy Tail Discussion

Wait, what!? Yamada and the Seven Witches is ending soon? I thought they have to hunt down the new Witches. That will make me sad if it ending, I really like it

Post by takashichea (13,206 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

DestinyHeroKnight:

Oops, I thought that was Sting's face for some reason. I did read that chapter. I'm behind in Yamada. I stopped at the part where Yamada found the 7th witch and wished for everyone's powers to be gone. I thought the adventure stopped there.

@takashichea:

Yeah, Laxus do look like Sting in the picture. Oh ok, I guess I spoil you a little LOL!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel