Massive Projects v1: Sora no Otoshimono (Manga Page)

Topic started by ShadowKnight508 on Oct. 6, 2011. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Ever since my fellow AV moderator FoxxFireArt created the main page along with the twelve volume pages for the Sora no Otoshimono manga franchise, I have been working hard on trying to give the main page and each volume page the best treatment that I can give them wiki-wise. Over the past three/four weeks, I have been chipping away at the main page for Sora no Otoshimono, and after 10 or so hours of writing, image hunting, editing, and tweaking the page, I have finally finished it.

Coming in at a staggering 5,005 points (my second highest total on a singe page that I have worked on next to my work for the Chaos page), the page is finally complete (until it needs to be updated with the eventual release of Vol. 13 and 14 of the manga, in which I will resume work on this page). It has the following info:

• A summary of how the main story begins, along with who created it and who published it.
  • Features multiple mini-bios for each character involved in the 12 volumes so far.
  • Images to support/showcase what I have been writing to give the user a image to associate with.
  • Covered all other media (anime series/movie/light novels) that were created from the story the manga started in 2007.

At the moment, I am working on the first of the 12 volume pages (Sora no Otoshimono: Vol. One) and so far have amassed over 3,500 points on it since my work began. Wish me the best of luck in my latest solo endeavor (apart from the work I perform on Team Beelzebub, Tsundero, and Seka x Seka)!

Bonus Image!

Sora no Otoshimono (Chapter 49)
Sora no Otoshimono (Chapter 49)

EDIT: Fixed Links

Post by takashichea (11,139 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

At the moment, I am working on the first of the 12 volume pages (Sora no Otoshimono: Vol. One) and so far have amassed over 3,500 points on it since my work began. Wish me the best of luck in my latest solo endeavor (apart from the work I perform on Team Beelzebub, Tsundero, and Seka x Seka)!

Why so much on one volume?

Oh, yes. Your links to Sora no Otoshimono and Chaos aren't working. My links weren't working when I published my blog to the forums. Just got to relink them.

Good job on the wiki work. Don't go too overboard! :)

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ShadowKnight508: Love this!

@takashichea said:

Why so much on one volume?

Oh, yes. Your links to Sora no Otoshimono and Chaos aren't working. My links weren't working when I published my blog to the forums. Just got to relink them.

Good job on the wiki work. Don't go too overboard! :)

That would be the same thing that you saw me doing on the Kazuya Yamamura page...overload of details/plot involvement. Those 3,500 points are from just ONE chapter xD. Those links should be working now (overhauled them).

@Fire Star: Thanks for the support.

Update #1: Since this was written, more volumes of Sora no Otoshimono have surfaced recently (Volume 13 has appeared with Volume 14 in the works). Below is progress update.

• Created Angeloid Oregano page (11/7/2011)
  • Created Ikaros Melan page (11/8/2011)
  • Continued delayed work on existing pages (now going through the necessary submissions on primary antagonist Man of Synapse, with work on both Tomoki and Sohara's pages in the works and redoing/restarting the work for Ikaros and Nymph's pages in addition to rehashing Astraea's page)
  • Image hunting for latest submissions (especially for upcoming work and for my work on the Man of Synapse)

Bonus Image!

Another priceless ecchi-infused moment courtesy of Sora no Otoshimono
Another priceless ecchi-infused moment courtesy of Sora no Otoshimono

Bonus Content: List of Work

Sora no Otoshimono/Heaven's Lost Property Work

The following pages related to the Sora no Otoshimono manga and/or the Heaven's Lost Property anime series that I have had the chance to work on and/or contribute to are in the list below. Not in any particular order:

1. Heaven's Lost Property
2. Heaven's Lost Property
3. Heaven's Lost Property Forte
4. Heaven's Lost Property the Movie: The Angeloid of Clockwork
5. Sora no Otoshimono
6. Ikaros
7. Sohara Mitsuki
8. Tomoki Sakurai
9. Astraea
10. Nymph
11. Mikako Satsukitane
12. Eishiro Sugata
13. Harpies
14. Chaos
15. Man of Synapse
16. Daedalus
17. Ikaros Melan
18. Hiyori Kazane
19. Synapse
20. Oregano
Online Now

@ShadowKnight508:

Great job, partner! Your solo project outshines mine.

@takashichea: Thanks for the support. This tedious and time-consuming project began back in the spring of 2010 and has been ongoing ever since then. While the majority of the pages that I have worked on are nearly complete or have staggering detail, there are sadly a few character pages that have been neglected in my Wiki efforts over the past 16 or so months. I look forward to getting every Sora no Otoshimono-related page up to par with some of my best work by the time FanimeCon 2012 in San Jose, California begins next May.

Oh, I should be able to do images for Beelzebub's new episode this weekend...however, since I will be doing them at home with my sub-par DSL internet service, the images will be from the 480p stream and will be somewhat fuzzier than the images that you or AnnaBanana submit.

Online Now

@ShadowKnight508:

Same here. I have some character pages neglected, too. I noticed that we both started our solo projects in the spring semester. Specifically, I started in February 2011. Don't worry about the image quality. Just do the best as you can. I'll use your images proudly in our team's weekly blog.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel