Manga you should read?

Topic started by hiei_hyabusha on Dec. 13, 2008. Last post by Desisashi 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by hiei_hyabusha (869 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Can any tell me some mangas i should be reading?
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I think it depends on what genre you like... but as a general recommendation, I always say Genshiken because it's so easy to relate to (or at least make comparisons with people you know in real life who act very otaku). It seems odd to follow a group of otakus around initially because what would be fun about that but it actually is a great series with its comedic moments and occasion bit of drama. Each character brings in their own personality that really sparks the book up.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
BECK, Gantz, Love Hina, Hunter x Hunter, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, One Piece. My personal fav's.
Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Berserk and Gantz
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Anything that isnt the Fire Emblem related manga somewhere on http://www.onemanga.com
Post by nevergiveup (199 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@ Resonate your not suppose to post that.

I made a thread like that and it was locked and had a mod edit saying they don't want piracy...
hiei_hyabusha said:
"Can any tell me some mangas i should be reading?"
judging by your avatar I can see you're reading some of the right ones

Post by nevergiveup (199 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Resonate said:
"nevergiveup said:
"@ Resonate your not suppose to post that.

I made a thread like that and it was locked and had a mod edit saying they don't want piracy..."
Onemanga isnt piracy, nor is it illegal, and never has been. Im fairly positive that this is a true statement, and they dont ant it if its a link to a pirated web site, the reason they locked your thread is because they didnt want it to become a library of links to illegal stuff"
Sounds Cool.
Resonate said:
"hiei_hyabusha said:

"
yeah im currently reading shaman king,one piece, and bastard all three are great
Resonate said:
"hiei_hyabusha said:

"
yeah im currently reading shaman king,one piece, and bastard all three are great
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Baku_Sensei said:
"BECK, Gantz, Love Hina, Hunter x Hunter, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, One Piece. My personal fav's."
Bertmasta said:
"Berserk and Gantz"
Post by kimikirai (3 posts) See mini bio Level 1
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (especially Volume 3 and up)
Berserk
Gantz
Claymore
Angyo Onishi (Manhwa)
Bastard
Hajime No Ippo
Slam Dunk!
Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6
GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Post by Schwindelmagier (314 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Bakuman
Switch
B.Ichi [by the same mangaka as Soul Eater, so if you're a fan of that...you may like this one]
Hellsing
Post by Hayate_Hikaro (71 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Try History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Its freakin' epic.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I'm going to bump this thread instead of making a new one ^_^

So i just finished reading the Evangelion spin-offs (Angelic Days, Shinji Ikari Raising Project) and i was surprised at how much i enjoyed them, so i would like some recommendations of similar romantic comedy manga ^_^

Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Resonate said:
Onemanga isnt piracy, nor is it illegal, and never has been. Im fairly positive that this is a true statement, and they dont ant it if its a link to a pirated web site, the reason they locked your thread is because they didnt want it to become a library of links to illegal stuff"

Huh, I could have sworn I responded to that ages ago O_o But apparently not! So I'll do it again.

OneManga most certainly is piracy and completely illegal-- all of those manga, regardless of licensing status outside of Japan, is protected by international copyright law, and to my knowledge NONE of them are being posted with their creator's explicit permission, and without any kind of repayment going to the people who created the manga. I have no idea why anyone would think otherwise, aside from the fact that it's so blatant.

As always, permit me to disclaim that I am not one of the anti-fansub/scanlation hardliners, but I feel that it's very important that fans be aware when they're doing something that is illegal, so that they can choose to take that risk or not based on the correct information.
gia said:
"Resonate said:

Huh, I could have sworn I responded to that ages ago O_o But apparently not! So I'll do it again.

OneManga most certainly is piracy and completely illegal-- all of those manga, regardless of licensing status outside of Japan, is protected by international copyright law, and to my knowledge NONE of them are being posted with their creator's explicit permission, and without any kind of repayment going to the people who created the manga. I have no idea why anyone would think otherwise, aside from the fact that it's so blatant.

As always, permit me to disclaim that I am not one of the anti-fansub/scanlation hardliners, but I feel that it's very important that fans be aware when they're doing something that is illegal, so that they can choose to take that risk or not based on the correct information."
Whut D:

Lying back stabbing cheating people I listen too =[
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Bertmasta said:
"Berserk and Gantz"
Blade of the Phantom Master

and then tell me where you found it xD
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel