Is Burter faster than light?

Topic started by st0nnec0ld on Oct. 13, 2012. Last post by AinSophAur 1 year ago.
Post by st0nnec0ld (52 posts) See mini bio Level 7

In this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0fhIJGIfic&list=FLH7NDs5fey2Ake9muWC1zsQ&index=3&feature=plpp_video at 1:19, Burter says that he is faster than light. But I thought DBZ characters weren't faster than light... at least not so early in the manga.

Post by Dream (7,908 posts) See mini bio Level 21
The FTL claim was quite likely a dub addition. By feats around Frieza saga, Goku's flying speed after he recovered and went to battle Frieza's final form would put him in the low hundreds in Mach speed, making the strongest characters in the series at that point just about that fast, disproving the FTL boast from the dub. Before Frieza saga started, the fastest characters in the series would be capable of moving at about Mach 30 around Saiyan saga and the members of the Ginyu force would be capable at moving in the high tens in Mach speed based on powerscaling of comparing the speed feats of Goku between Saiyan (when he flew on Snake Way after King Kai's training) and Frieza sagas (the mentioned feat above).
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Dream:

It wasn't added in the dub, its a scan that someone re-edited to say he was faster then light.

Burter really said he was the fastest in the universe in the official manga & anime

Post by Dream (7,908 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Destinyheroknight: Gotta love ignorance from my end.  XD

I just assumed that the guy had some random clip of the anime.

But still, no one in DBZ is faster than light. At best, they would be about relativistic by around DBGT, and that's only if you consider the series a part of DB canon.
Post by st0nnec0ld (52 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Destinyheroknight: Thanks!

Post by DBZ_universe (15,743 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I don't think so.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,139 posts) See mini bio Level 13

No, If he could move faster than light wouldn't that make him completely invisible while in movement, and beyond that why would it take people faster than him a long time to get places, moving at light-speed you should be able to travel around an Earth sized planet 7-8 times in a second, while there are plenty of instances were this is thrown out.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Dream said:

@Destinyheroknight: Gotta love ignorance from my end. XD I just assumed that the guy had some random clip of the anime. But still, no one in DBZ is faster than light. At best, they would be about relativistic by around DBGT, and that's only if you consider the series a part of DB canon.

Your calculation have gotta be to low though, Kid Goku was supposedly faster than lightning which is much faster than Mach 30

No, He is just a Big Blue Snake guy.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,213 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@solesamurai said:

@Dream said:

@Destinyheroknight: Gotta love ignorance from my end. XD I just assumed that the guy had some random clip of the anime. But still, no one in DBZ is faster than light. At best, they would be about relativistic by around DBGT, and that's only if you consider the series a part of DB canon.

Your calculation have gotta be to low though, Kid Goku was supposedly faster than lightning which is much faster than Mach 30

Agreed, that'd have to be really low.

Because by the Piccolo moon-busting calc, they are in triple-mach territory from the saiyan saga, as far as reaction speeds/attacks speeds are concerned, and that's if you're lowballing it. Otherwise, they're on the relativistic level.

He faster than the universe it self...

Post by kageyame (27 posts) See mini bio Level 4

@solesamurai said:

@Dream said:

I take you're referring Mr. Popo training that Puts Kid Goku at lightning timing, more specifically the "you must be calm as the ocean and fast as lightning" part.

How many times must be repeated that it was a hyperbole, if he was that fast as a kid the would have gone and come back from the snake way in one day, and even if you consider that he could use that speed in short intervals, he would make in a week most, not in six months.

Post by nishi99 (1,784 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe said:

He faster than the universe it self...

This

Burter Toast.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,879 posts) See mini bio Level 12

No, he's a dirty liar.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@kageyame said:

@solesamurai said:

@Dream said:

I take you're referring Mr. Popo training that Puts Kid Goku at lightning timing, more specifically the "you must be calm as the ocean and fast as lightning" part.

How many times must be repeated that it was a hyperbole, if he was that fast as a kid the would have gone and come back from the snake way in one day, and even if you consider that he could use that speed in short intervals, he would make in a week most, not in six months.

I think you're over estimating the speed of lightning a bit to much. Not to mention travel speed and fighting/combat speed are 2 completely different things. It'd be best you not try to relate them at all since they are not similar.

@MarioRedfield said:

No, he's a dirty liar.

No he is not! he is the fastest in the whole Universe!

@DBZ_universe said:

@MarioRedfield said:

No, he's a dirty liar.

Said who? His mother?

@MarioRedfield said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@MarioRedfield said:

No, he's a dirty liar.

Said who? His mother?

This is good enough proof

@DBZ_universe said:

@MarioRedfield said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@MarioRedfield said:

No, he's a dirty liar.

Said who? His mother?

This is good enough proof

He's know for his blasphemy.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel