Is Bleach Just Getting Lamer?

Topic started by sceonn on Oct. 27, 2011. Last post by MohsinMan99 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

As the title says, I just read chapter 470 and I was left feeling "what the lame!". I mean, right after I left up with Luffy lunching a fiery "red hook" punch blowing up the fish dude's back open and Naruto head butting with Madara, I'm left with this?

Do you think it's losing it still? Or you like the current Bleach setup. Or maybe you wish they(he) just get this arc over with?

Post by SoldierG654342 (16 posts) See mini bio Level 4

You can't loose what you never had.

As I've come to learn more about Kubo as an author, I've realized that the SS arc was a goddamn miracle. The man writes like a crazy person. His primary method of overcoming writers block is just creating new characters, which was wrecked havoc on his pacing. So little happens in any given chapter because there are far too many characters which creates far too many concurrent events, and he can't handle it. It got so bad in FKT that he just said "Fuck it, I don't even care about Yammy!" Kubo had years to work on the early portions of Bleach, but once it went beyond that, it's unraveled because of his writing methods that would get him laughed out of any entry-level writing class.

That being said, I was enjoying the recent chapters of the Fullbrings just getting fwomped. It was just primally satisfying to see such dumb characters eat it.

Post by sickVisionz (4,241 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I started reading right around the Ishida/Renji vs Scientist Espada battle and I can't say it's going downhill because that it implies that it was higher than it currently is at some point. I came in around the time the story started introducing tranny villians, dudes wearing ballerina tutus made of eyeballs, and villains whose powers were to turn people into nenodroid dolls. None of that is any better than enchanted PSPs, magic LV boots, and mystic Barbie houses. Even before that, I rolled my eyes when not one but two character's special ability was to turn their swords into pretty magic flowers.

I still enjoyed the anime because once in a while they don't half-ass on fight animation and I like Aizen's voice actor and how he beats the crap out of all of the characters I think are lame. The manga is trash though.

Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Naruto and One Piece have always been superior to Bleach. The authors of those mangas have managed to get the readers to invest their emotions into characters, hence why people are upset when Jiraiya and Ace died. Nobody cares about the Bleach characters, apart from Ichigo. I actually want Chad and Orihime to die so we don't have to see them in the manga anymore.

@All_StarSupes: You're actually right about that. Now that I think about it I never really cared who gets to live or die in bleach but just the fight itself. No emotions at all, kinda like a video game.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@All_StarSupes said:

Naruto and One Piece have always been superior to Bleach. The authors of those mangas have managed to get the readers to invest their emotions into characters, hence why people are upset when Jiraiya and Ace died. Nobody cares about the Bleach characters, apart from Ichigo. I actually want Chad and Orihime to die so we don't have to see them in the manga anymore.

Well said. I don't even know why I'm watching Bleach after the SS Arc was over. Maybe, I'm hoping for some change? A change that might probably never happen...

Post by acarter (717 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I ONLY WATCH BLEACH 4 one of the best antagonist of all time until he implanted the dumb hyoguku(cant spell it) 
i keep watching because of my hunch that he is coming back becuase when he got incarcerated he smiled lol i know its not much 2 go on but.....i can hope cant i 
HOWEVER this fullbring crap needs 2 fuck off seriously....stealing ichigo's power its like a lame version of orochimaru & saskue with no depth 
this dumb arc should be filler
Post by Sogeman (22 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@All_StarSupes said:

Eff Ichigo. Bleach went downhill after his fight with Kenpachi because there's not enough Kenpachi now. Kubo really doesn't know what the good characters are. 99% are throwaway, even Ichigo. He should just kill every character except Kenpachi, the Hollow Ichigo and Getsuga and just let them wreak havoc.

I dropped the Anime when the latest filler run started and now I'm waiting for the episodes where he gets his stuff back. Then I'll probably drop it again. I still read the manga but only because it only takes like 4 minutes to read through it. Nothing happens so it's over fast.

I've kinda come to the conclusion that Kubo should take a break like that HxH guy for a few month to go through all bleach chapters since the very first and then, after getting an idea of how, what, where he **** off , come back a little better?

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Bleach has been on a downward spiral since after the SS arc. While there have been a few good moments since then they are few and far between. I think this Fullbring stuff has been a bit better than the Aizen stuff, but being slightly less crappy is still the same thing. Honestly the only thing i really enjoyed this arc was Ikkaku's fight.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@sceonn said:

I've kinda come to the conclusion that Kubo should take a break like that HxH guy for a few month to go through all bleach chapters since the very first and then, after getting an idea of how, what, where he **** off , come back a little better?

Come to think of it, that's a pretty good idea. He should also work on his backgrounds. XD

Post by saetou (8 posts) See mini bio Level 8

well the story really needs a good direction, but i still like it as it has good character drawing and good fighting action.

you're right, a hiatus (break) could make him think about what's happening to the series.

that's what I think... peace

Now, I've just had the "pleasure" of reading chapter 471 and what do I get? I have to say, the never ending sob story background and lame battle are still going strong to say the least. My disappointment just multiplied 10x over.......................................!

Post by skip (5 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I know Bleach is a poster child for shonen manga, but the over-long fight scenes kill me. The story moves nowhere and in most cases the pacing would be better if it were tightened up.

Post by arrussel (50 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I actually like this current arc its interesting but i miss the Vizards.

Just read 472, I thought at least something could have come off this one: ABSOLUTELY NONE, no development at all, zero.

Maybe Kubo thinks this is really interesting so trying to draw it out as long/much as possible, wonder if he talks with his readers at all.......

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Am I the only one who likes this arc?.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,187 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Asune:

Well there a guy above you who like it :)

This arc feel like the Bount arc from the anime and that a bad thing (wish Tsukishima was still the main villain)

@Asune:

The arc is not the problem, it's the way it's been played out, at least for me that's the focal point.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,143 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I got up to 471 then quit. Give me a shout when Aizen comes back.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel