Im Dal Young's manga and manhwa.

Topic started by CodeSaint on Nov. 13, 2010. Last post by GaspoweR 3 years, 2 months ago.
Post by CodeSaint (269 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Im Dal Young is a Korean comic artist,most of you must know him because Kurokami a.k.a. Black God was made a anime,and one of his other works Freezing will become na anime.Unbalance x2 is also a very know of his works without ever even being made into na anime.He is know for the relations of the main characters with older,most experient(in the fighting sense like in Legend of Maian and Freezing or in the mature sense like in Ux2)

Ux2 is a romance/harem series but a more serious one not a comedy like Love Hina or na Ecchi like Asu no Yoichi,Myung Jin-Ho still only have eyes for Nah Hae-Young his teacher,subverted in Phantom King when Eun Sung Min dump his also hot teacher Kim Yu-Min at the start of the first chapter and he don’t have a love interest yet,other two possibilities would be Noh Ha Yun and Maid.He does like Aoki Yuuya and always hires a artist do the the art for him.His characters are always developed even on his newest and not still too long series,and not plain previsble like in some manga.They train orfans with no living relatives to use Pair Ghosts(a Stand like ability)to combat the Evils(the ghosts that are made and feed on negative feelings)the Pair Ghosts are just a controled type of Evil.

In Freezing his series that will became na anime,girl infused with the stigmatas of the very Novas they are fighting with,just like the Organization in Claymore and can also become a Nova if they exceed the limits of her abilities but don’t think that this is a ripoff Freezing centrates more on the relationship between Bridget and Kazuya,also it have a very funny and even ecchi side sometimes,but sill can very dark,who know of Louis(Bridget’s brother)acts and the Nova invasion will understand what I’m saying.Bridget most of the times a conbination of Yandere and Tsundere to Kazuya,but she hids many feelings to him.

Aflame Inferno deals with Kang Shichan(Saitou Shion)who found a tedlar   trying to kill Inferno(who was on the body of a dog at the time)passed to him and they barelly defeated that other tedlar.(tedlars don’t have a physical body,they have to possess people in order to exist).Inferno is one of the four more powerfull tedlars,still dividing the body with a living being made him weaker,and he already lost his Invento Hells(the MP/SP of the series).And the current point of the series Gehenna tells him the he is still weak compared to herself and the other Emperors,she even had to rescue him sometimes.Inferno always fought to protect the humans diferent of most of other tedlars.

In Kurokami/Black God the Motsumitama/Tera Guardians make contracts with humans and feed on ther energy to combat and are beings above humans that work to mantein the balanve of the world.And it can get even grafic sometimes,like Hiyou experiences.Kuro is still older than Keita techinically but still is a little girl so this don’t count as the same type of relationship as his other manga,they all say thar he tried to do something diferent with this work when he made Kurokami thinking on the Japanese public and market,so it feels diferent of his other works.I recmend it even if you didn’t liked the anime,the manga is very more mature,even if the anime is still good because of the action.

Legend of Maian is my favorite,this may be because I have a weak spot for sword and sorcery manga and i love manga with many named tecniques and overpowered abilities.The Hero of Meningrad Faize Maian defeats and seals Felicia Rand Philistin at a stone tablet where she spends 1000 years there until is free by Felix Maian,yes the descendent of Faize.Soon they found out that Pennsylvania(yes Pennsylvania)and Felicia also needs a kiss of Felix to be able to use her madra(magic)and to fight against them she needs the help of her 11 Regis Knights,who are the most powerfull of his classes that have the title Lend before his classes.After they go on a journey to find them and still met many pensylvanian military at the way to find them.

Onihime VS. Started as a harem also and looks like it will become a fighring manga too.It starts with Setsuna Kashiwagi selling his heart litterally to a guy called The Middleman and gives him a potion that will make his heart atractive to Onis and other creatures,and the heart is goint to mature to in one year the Oni that eats it will gain its power and became the Queen,there the Oni prnicesses sent to him Kanna the white princess and Rena the black princess,later they have a Red one too.When Setsuna is him help he automatically summons the one that he is thinking the most.Kanna is the older woman common to his manga,and the most well endowerd woman from one of his manga,and yes she becames Setsuna’s teacher after she appehears.The second is Rena my favorite the mute gothic maid that works at a maid café.Hina the red is the token loli and a witch.

I’m will say of all the Zero series in one post,there’s Zero Gate of Beginning and acording to Manga Toshokan two alternate Zero:Circle of Flow.The story is about espers organizations around the world seeking more power than others.The protagonist Shuuichi was born at a government laboratory but at first he was not aware of his powers cause he lived very distant to the others.He starts fighting against other espers at school and them it becomes a snowball,he keeps getting in fights agains more powerfull people.

In Re:Birth there are artifacts that if you die while holding them you can made a pact to revive,but you must participate at a death game after that.Tachibana Ayaka will became violent if her brother dies.And they found out at a site that only Takers can see that they are all wanting her head.

Post by GaspoweR (7 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Im surprised no one else commented on here...Anyway, I just found out about this author very recently and I'm enjoying his manghwa a lot.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel