If you could write a manga what will it about and name?

Topic started by SMXLR8 on Nov. 19, 2012. Last post by Kurohige 1 day, 13 hours ago.
Post by AnimeDefender (2,828 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SMXLR8: ......Do you mean from my trip to L.A.???? If so yes, I have returned to the Central Valley!!!!

Post by SMXLR8 (8,377 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@AnimeDefender: welcome back.........................AGAIN!

Post by AnimeDefender (2,828 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SMXLR8:XD!!!!!!!!!

Post by AdamantSky (19 posts) See mini bio Level 8

If I were to write a series, I would focus on ensuring that the plot was coherent and interesting, the world well fleshed out and developed, and the characters all well rounded and complex. It really irritates me when people go on about wanting to ensure their series has the strongest characters ever. Why? So some fanboys can wank over them in the Battle forums of a website? That's not what storytelling should be about.

Strong characters =/= good series.

Post by Kurohige (3,792 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I'm sure about 98% of people who are anime fans or just fans of shounen manga in general would make their series the most overpowered piece of crap ever, character motivation, personality and plot would take a back seat, and the overall plot would simply be to become God itself, hell become better than God. Lol personally mine would likely be boxing or martial arts related like Baki the grappler, or something more drama based like a manga version of degrassi or High School of the dead, minus the zombies :)

Post by AdamantSky (19 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Kurohige said:

I'm sure about 98% of people who are anime fans or just fans of shounen manga in general would make their series the most overpowered piece of crap ever, character motivation, personality and plot would take a back seat, and the overall plot would simply be to become God itself, hell become better than God. Lol personally mine would likely be boxing or martial arts related like Baki the grappler, or something more drama based like a manga version of degrassi or High School of the dead, minus the zombies :)

And I'm sure yours would be much more enjoyable to read than any of theirs.

Although, I find Baki the Grappler to be absurdly silly to the point where I can't help but treat it like an unintentional comedy. It takes itself so seriously, yet has some of the most absurd plotlines I've ever seen. Like the caveman (from 65 million years ago!!!) or that one martial artist who was compared to, of all things, Pacman. XD

But I think I understand your intention. Mine would try to achieve a solid blend of adventure, action and romance without one overshadowing the other to the detriment of the story. ^^

Post by Kurohige (3,792 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@AdamantSky: Yeah Baki the Grappler was so cartoony after a while (Baki literally drenching an entire room in sweat from intense training, resurrecting Musashi Miyamoto...) but in terms is raw martial arts it's very good, Hajime no Ippo has amazing motivation with it's characters, nobody really feels like a good guy or bad guy (Except for Ippo, obviously)

I would like a good manga with romance that developed as time went on rather than showing interest at the beginning, then having 200+ chapters of playing cat and mouse while fans make fanfics and shipping wars, then at the very end the suddenly get together lol. I like Peach Girl and Super Gals as non-manly as it sounds, but the romance and drama were amazing (First drama manga I read with a main character getting unintentionally pregnant and tons of suspense with the main character, her boyfriend, teachers ect.)

On another note, I hope i didn't offend anyone with my line: "I'm sure about 98% of people who are anime fans or just fans of shounen manga in general would make their series the most overpowered piece of crap ever,"

I'm not trying to say your ideas are crap, nor mine are better, I just think it's dumb to make a manga with the soul purpose to be the strongest, I mean one Punch Man has that same plot but i goes about it in a great way, but destroying Omniverses with a gesture?(Omi=all, yet a character can destroy multiple omniverses? Maybe other fictions' realities?) I mean where is the struggle, or suspense, or fun? I mean after a while you would hit the pinnicle of how strong you can make a character, thus limiting yourself by mistake. And for the record, at this point it's impossible to make a character THE strongest, there are already plenty of characters that brush fiction aside and control the metaverse on a whim (Look at Umieko witches, Reinhard, or Demonbane in general along with many other light novels.) after a while you can simply hope to tie in terms of power with the other fictions, and toon force had been surpassed long ago. I still cringe at using Bugs freakin' Bunny being used as a serious fighting character.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel