I Want More Manga! Wait, I Got Some!

Topic started by sotyfan16 on Aug. 18, 2011. Last post by Superevil225 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
 More! More! More!
 More! More! More!
Am I a spendthrift? Probably. But I can't help taking advantage of Borders now having manga at 40% off. If I could spend the money I'd buy a lot more but I really shouldn't even be doing this. lol Anyway, I just got back from the store and I have 8 more volumes added to my collection.

This brings my total manga to 64 volumes. That's a lot for just starting this year. For publishers, I have 1 Del Rey, 1 Tokyopop, 2 Yen Press, 2 Viz Media, and 2 Vertical. The 2 by Vertical are the same title and complete the 3 Vol. series. I'll get on with telling y'all what the titles are.

In the front are Vol. 2 of Dorohedoro, Vol. 2-3 of Peepo Choo (complete), and Vol. 3 of Highschool of the Dead. In the back row is Vol. 4 of Fairy Tail, Vol. 1 of Zone-00, Vol. 3 of Claymore, and Vol. 2 of Jack Frost. I had never heard of or seen Zone-00 before but from flipping through it I thought I'd give it a shot. I could have gotten through Vol. 9 of Claymore but couldn't convince myself to do it. The same goes for Jack Frost as I could have gotten through Vol. 5. Could have even purchased through Vol. 12 of Fairy Tail.

But that's what I have so let me know what you think Vicers!

-Will McQuigg ( sotyfan16) is your everyday anime/manga enthusiast. You can also find him on Twitter ( bildo_88).
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Nice haul. I should be getting my manga in any time next week. I'm excited. >.< 
Zone-00 looks cool, it's the only one I've never heard of. It's too bad it's a Tokyopop release. That means it'll be gone from North American markets.
@Superevil225:
Thanks! I'm almost done with Zone-00. Since it's by the same person who did Trinity Blood I figured it would be good since that anime is popular. But I'm having trouble getting into it. The story is interesting but I can't tell who is a boy and who is a girl unless the girl has big boobs. And their names don't help with that either. The artistic style is neat though. I also have some trouble figuring out who is talking most of the time. There are at least 4 volumes out here but I don't think I'm going to continue buying it. I might get around to reading the rest online sometime.
@sotyfan16: That always sucks when you find a new manga, buy it, and it isn't what you expected. That happened to me with the Code Geass manga. It was just okay. :(
@Superevil225:
Yeah. If something catches my eye that I haven't seen before then I flip through it; unless it's wrapped, then I'll read the description. That's how I came across Dorohedoro. Only once in a while do I take a shot in the dark like that though since there are a number of ongoing titles I'm gradually getting. Therefore, I usually just look around online and read the manga to see if I want to buy it.

I understand how you feel about the Code Geass manga. I bought a Limited Edition boxset of the anime that came with the 1st volume (among other things). I knew it didn't have Knightmares in it beforehand and the fact that the story moved so differently made me not care for it. I'm much happier with the anime.
@sotyfan16: A month or so ago, i randomly picked up the manga Maoh: Juvenile Remix which I mentioned in my podacast attempt. It's really amazing. I highly recommend it. :)
@Superevil225:
As your peer I'll take a look. I'm always interested in finding something new or different. You're a big fan of love stories, right?
@sotyfan16: Well, I like pretty much every genera equally. But love stories are very cute >.< Why? <3
@Superevil225:
Well there is this 8 volumes series by Yen Press called Sundome. It's got some nice character development and a love story that I felt really connected with. It's an 18+ series and has language, nudity, and some fetishes that I'm not a fan of. I've gotten some friends to read it but they can't get past the fetishes. But deep down it's a nice story with an ending that made me sad. And it's pretty funny. Of all the manga I have, it's my favorite behind Bakuman.
@sotyfan16: I saw it at the store, but I had no idea what it was about. It sounds interesting enough, perhaps I'll look into it. Thanks :D
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel