Has anyone read Jackals?

Topic started by Blindside on Nov. 23, 2012. Last post by Blindside 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by Blindside (1,003 posts) See mini bio Level 12

If so:

1. Who's your favourite character?
  2. Which is your favourite weapon?
  3. Who do you think has the best abilities?
  4. How did you feel about the ending?

Personally:

1. Explosion Hans is my favourite character. He just seems to carry off the whole "crazy guy" thing well, and his hatred of Nichol really spoke volumes
  2. Obviously, the Alligator, closely followed by the Requiem and Cyclone tied for second, and Decapitator Shao's rings for third place.
  3. Darkness Isaac without a doubt. He was so boss, especially when he was kicking Nichol's a$$
  4. I felt a little disappointed about the ending, since it left a lot of my own personal questions unanswered.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

yes, i loved it

1. Huya without a doubt

2.the requiem, even though its pretty much an exact copy of the mellenum earls sword in d gray man

3. Huyas. His abilities are one of the major reasons that hes my favorite

4. i liked it but it felt rushed. I was also a bit confused by the final panel

SPOILERS: Did Nichol die in the end?

@Haofan123 said:

yes, i loved it

1. Huya without a doubt

2.the requiem, even though its pretty much an exact copy of the mellenum earls sword in d gray man

3. Huyas. His abilities are one of the major reasons that hes my favorite

4. i liked it but it felt rushed. I was also a bit confused by the final panel

SPOILERS: Did Nichol die in the end?

Thanks for replying first of all, I think it's an underrated manga (it wasn't even in the AV database,, can you believe it?)

I don't think Nichol died, but who knows, really?

I have my reasons:

• First of all, when Silver Fox, Sheryl, and that cop go to Roxy's grave, there's already the Alligator leaning against it, and a bouquet of flowers there. (That said, I guess someone else could have put them there, like Inoue)
  • And when Nichol and Fox first go to see Inoue, after the Blade House gets destroyed by Gabriella members, during that time, Sheryl makes Nichol promise to come back alive. He promises to do so, and on the second to last page, Fox says "That's just like him", and Sheryl asks "Does that mean you came to keep your promise, Nichol?"
  • So I think it's heavily implied he's alive. (The Alligator being leaned against Roxy's grave is what confirms it in my mind. And it is definitely Nichol's Alligator, not Roxy's similar blade, due to the shape of it, and the number of handles. Also, Nichol had it when Tennouren's headquarters were being bombed and he and Huya began fighting again, and Huya got out fine. Huya himself stated "that guy probably got out", or words to that effect.).

@Blindside: that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up!I really like Nichol so it would be a shame if he died

@Haofan123: Well, it is my own opinion, but I really like Nichol, so I don't want him to be dead, but I don't think he is, really.

On another note, Shinigami Roxy was totally hot.

@Blindside said:

@Haofan123: Well, it is my own opinion, but I really like Nichol, so I don't want him to be dead, but I don't think he is, really.

On another note, Shinigami Roxy was totally hot.

Lol yes she was. The art was amazing. I'd pay good money to see it as an anime or even an OVA like Hellsing ultimate

Post by DocHaus (935 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Only thing I know about Jackals is that the same story writer later went on to write Arachnid (and its spinoff Caterpillar). Feel free to add to our humble wiki if you know enough about the manga and its characters though.

@Haofan123: I would literally kill to see it made into an anime lol.

@DocHaus: I'm actually doing that.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel