Graphic Novel and Comic Books

Topic started by sasuke0447 on Sept. 24, 2010. Last post by damswedon 3 years, 10 months ago.
Post by sasuke0447 (174 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Ok my sister thinks there in no differences and she doesnt get why they r 2 different things i know there is a difference but i dont know how to describe it can anyone help?
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
One is made in the US and one is made in Japan.  Also, you read both of them differently.
Post by Dream (7,270 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Different styles of character and scenery designs as well.
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I agree with Alan Moore 

"It's a marketing term ... that I never had any sympathy with. The term 'comic' does just as well for me. ... The problem is that 'graphic novel' just came to mean 'expensive comic book' and so what you'd get is people like DC Comics or Marvel Comics because 'graphic novels' were getting some attention, they'd stick six issues of whatever worthless piece of crap they happened to be publishing lately under a glossy cover and call it The She-Hulk Graphic Novel...."    

Manga, Comics and Graphic Novels are all the same thing. The only reason why I differentiate between Comics and Manga is because It sets the person your talking to into a certain way of thinking.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel