Going from paperback to digital

Topic started by SpikeValantine on July 17, 2011. Last post by ShadowKnight508 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by SpikeValantine (39 posts) See mini bio Level 8
So a conversation I had with my friend led us to wondering......  There are still plenty of people who buy mangas one way or another, and there are thousands who go to online scantalation sites to read Jumps and so on the week they are released in Japan.

SUGOI BOOKS is releasing an app that lets you buy digital chapters on your phone/ipad and Square Enix is doing something similar, so how many of you would prefer to buy digital versions of mangas and support companies that way, over buying the paperback, or screw both and just read it online and thats it?
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Personally I don't mind either way. One manga a read called DOLLS isn't released in English (and never will be) I have to read it via fan translations. OTL but I read as legal as I can.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,821 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I read from both scanlations and legal versions (Both digital and physical). I'm more of a physical manga reader because I'm more used to buying things from bookstores.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Hmm...I guess that I am old-fashioned, for I still purchase physical volumes of the books and manga volumes from Barnes & Nobel and Amazon. I own the entire Rosario + Vampire (Season One) and Fate/stay Night manga sets along with the entire Wheel of Time, Sword of Truth, and Lord of the Rings series in paperback.

I do sometimes have to resort to reading my favorite manga series on scanlation sites (which will go nameless) since I can not find a translated version for purchase. It pains me to do it, but since it is the only way that I can get ahold of the manga series that I want (Sora no Otoshimono comes to mind), I do use them on occasion.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel