Bleach Manga #498 - Why Am I Getting My @$$ Kicked?

Topic started by sickVisionz on June 27, 2012. Last post by All_StarSupes 2 years ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Bleach #498 - The Black Rescuer

Yeah, because Ichigo's never gone to Hueco Mundo and wrecked the plac... oh wait.
Yeah, because Ichigo's never gone to Hueco Mundo and wrecked the plac... oh wait.

In a Nutshell

Akon (sadly, not of Konvict Music fame) tries to contact Ichigo but finds out that he isn't at home right now and will have to leave a message. Meanwhile, Ichigo is beating the crap out of a Vandenreich who is puzzled that the he's having difficulty fighting against the guy who manhandled ^4 powered up Aizen to the same degree that ^1 powered up Aizen manhandled all of Soul Society.

High Points

• Urahara was there.
  • I really like Ichigo's gloves.
  • Arrogant people getting beaten to a pulp is one of the things I love about Bleach.

Low Points

• The "Black Rescuer" wasn't referring to a somehow unexploded Hollow Tousen :(

Rants and Raves

Another pretty good chapter of Bleach. In the old days, I would read a chapter like this and say to myself, this might be pretty awesome once they animate it. Alas, that's no longer and option and it makes me frown. Also...

Really? It's 2012 and the best you can manage is a flip phone?
Really? It's 2012 and the best you can manage is a flip phone?

Grade

I give this chapter a B, just like last week's. Nothing mind-blowing or super great, but nothing that made me groan either. The comedic bits were actually decent rather than the usual Kubo thing of being facepalm worthy and the action was pretty nice.

Post by taichokage (12,495 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Well if Ichigo can own a Volstanding and can't have his bankai stolen, he along with a few others will probably solo the war. Decent chapter though.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I always like a Bleach chapter with Urahara in it, Soul Society loss any respect I have for it

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Ichigo should really stop Urahara from his stealing his kills.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10
This segment is starting to read like something found on Blogsuki.  I approve.
Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Turambar: Thanks (I hope). I try to make these as fun to write as possible. Hopefully some of that rubs off and makes them fun to read.

@Acura_Max: I like how Urahara had that bad ass pose like he saved the day even though Ichigo was slaughtering. Who knows, maybe he was tired of waiting (probably cause that old ass phone is paired to some equally archaic 200 minute a month plan) and did the super un-Bleach thing of ending the fight as quickly as possible.

Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The Quincys stupid power doesn't work on Ichigo who would of predicted that!!! God awful writing as per usual in Bleach.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel