Bleach 516 review

Topic started by secretzfan on Nov. 16, 2012. Last post by taichokage 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18

First Impressions

Dam I am tired Kubo. Nice to see Kon again and make fun of not seeing him , abut come on this is boooorrring

Later Impressions

The Good

• Seeing Kon agian felt nice
  • Uh... the zero squad shows up

The Bad

• The appearances of the squad zero look kinda pathetic except for two
  • Soo umm broken bankai... were ya going with this Kubo.. already his bankai is destroyed
  • Losing hope of seeing Hollow Ichigo again EVA
  • plot holes..plot holes Kubo what of Toshiro's bankai which always breaks or Mayuri's bankai

Ratings

2/10

Post by Acura_Max (2,186 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the only reason why Ichigo's bankai is broken is so Kubo could focus on Ichigo's Quincy powers.

Post by taichokage (11,499 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Woah, now 2/10 is brutal. This chapter was leaps and bounds better than 515, despite it's let downs. Unlike a # of people I could care less if Kon never showed up again, but he was shown. Ichigo's bankai is broken only so that he can receive newer and greater powers, such as a Quincy powerset and/or ann improved bankai. Honestly I don't know why the guy just wont go Dangai again. As long as he doesn't use FGT, that form is as permanent as any other. And lastly the 0 squad. Yes their appearances are a huge let down, except of the girl on the right who is probably Hikifune. I also must say that she looks EXACTLY how I pictured her, except I imagined glasses as well. But it was a bad chapter to me at all, and it had more dialect than normal which is always a plus for Bleach's notorious reputation of short chapters. I'd give it a 7/10, maybe even 8/10.
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18

@taichokage: my whole thingw ith the broken bankai is that Kubo just gave Ichigo some new powers and already something huge happens to mess all those powers up. You must understand that it took the entire fullbring arc to get those powers. It not like when Ichigo had hollow/shingami powers anything went wrong, but hey will see what happens I ams till doing these reviews aren't I LOL even if it just cause I love Bleach's artwork

Post by DBZ_universe (14,839 posts) See mini bio Level 17

So does this mean that Yamamoto was lying to Aizen when he told him that no Shinigami born in the past 1000 years was stronger than him?? since Captain Kyoraku stated each of this guys to be stronger than anyone in the Gotei 13 put together.

It's probably because some of the guys like the guy in the middle are also over 1000 years old, lol. Or he might have been wrong because things can change. Remember he said that but almost immediately after, the very Shinigami he was addressing surpassed him, namely Aizen and shortly after Ichigo as well.

@taichokage: That's true... Well, I wonder who of those two ladies is the former 12 captain?? I always wondered that.. maybe

the happy looking one?

Post by ohgodwhy (1,459 posts) See mini bio Level 11

That broken bankai crap lol, he's pulling crap out of his arse again and I can't say I was too impressed with the Zero Division designs. I always thought they'd be cooler, like Byakuya or pretty much any of the other captains but they just look like random fodder characters. The one on the left just looks silly.

I'd give it 4 out of 10 for the above two factors.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,076 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Hmm, it look like Tao Pai Pai have a new job :)

@Destinyheroknight said:

Hmm, it look like Tao Pai Pai have a new job :)

LOL!!

Post by UltimateHero0406 (4,996 posts) See mini bio Level 16

This has probably been asked before but why the hell did the Zero squad show up AFTER everybody got stomped?

Now it was stated why in 517.........................................it wasn't their job.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (4,996 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@taichokage said:

Now it was stated why in 517.........................................it wasn't their job.

Oh, well, that totally makes it ok then. lol

Post by ohgodwhy (1,459 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I have to say I like them a little bit more after this chapter, although I still wish they had cooler character designs.

Same. Only Senshumaru (mantis girl) and big Beard's designs do I actually like.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel