Bleach 505 Review

Topic started by ohgodwhy on Aug. 29, 2012. Last post by taichokage 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,459 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Right I had to do this one, freaking awesome chapter of Bleach. Plus Naruto was pretty awesome this week too. Also I'd like to apologise for doing this week's Bleach blog post, but this chapter was too damn awesome and must be discussed ASAP!!!!

This just reaks of awesomeness
This just reaks of awesomeness

Basically Yamamoto's pissed, damn pissed. This can only mean two things.

1. Bad news for the bad guys
  2. Good news for us

Synopsis

This chapter continues where we left off. Yamamoto's casually being a badass then goes and flies off DBZ style. His Reiatsu is so massive it can be felt through all of Seretei and just his mere presence alone is enough to raise everyone's morale. Yamamoto flies straight over to the Yuhabaha (who has beaten Zaraki to near death) and declares that it's time to settle this once and for all.

The Good

• Yamamoto just being there is a good point
  • Yamamoto flying off DBZ style
  • Yamamoto raising everyone's morale, even bringing up the near dead back to fighting form.

The Bad

• Seeing Zaraki being totally defeated in what could only have been a minute or two.
  • The boss's name, Yuhabaha is a bit crap imo.
  • Yamamoto will probably lose this.

Conclusion

One of the best Bleach chapters I've read in a long time. I actually didn't want it to end, I mean we pretty much had everything we could ever want.

The overall mark I would give this chapter is 9/10. It would've got 10/10 if it was a special that had like 10 extra pages lol.

Post by taichokage (11,494 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Hands down the best bleach chapter in a very long time. Yamaji is über badass. Like you said, he isn't just an air walker he is a genuine flier and in DBZ style. And is it just me or was Driscoll Berci's death the single most brutal in the series yet? Yamaji is the heart and soul of the Gotei 13. Kubo ought to just leave Ichigo where he is and let Yamaji handle things. As for that top Vandenreich, I believe his name is Juha Bach, not Yuhabaha. I was honestly sad to see The king of badass get defeated with apparent ease a.k.a. Kenpachi. I do wonder what will happen next, and at least he apparently is not dead like Choujiro and possibly Byakuya are. But with Kenny out and Ichigo trapped, Yamaji is likely the only one who can take out the top guys with less than a bankai (and that may be the deciding factor in his battle with Juha. He is likely the more powerful of the two but can he win with no bankai?) And as interesting as this chapter was, I would really like to know what is the deal with Ichigo and especially Kisuke and if Kirge Opie is even dead.

@taichokage: I would prefer if he just let Yamamoto deal with it too. Ichigo's not needed in this arc, he should just wait patiently in his bubble.

Plus it makes me think that Yamamoto will definitely lose this fight because like you said, he probably won't be able to use his bankai. Either that or he's going to have his bankai stolen which will make the boss even more powerful. At the end of the day, this is still the Ichigo show after all.

I do agree with the Kenpachi thing, at least it goes to show that even Kenpachi has his limits. I would've liked to see the battle though.

Post by sickVisionz (4,153 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I'm surprised you guys like this chapter so much. I thought it was a whole lot of nothing, the Shinigami realizing that oh, maybe we shouldn't actually let these guys kick our asses made me facepalm, and "Juha Bach" made me laugh almost as much as the name Loyd Lloyd. The only good thing about it for me was some bad ass artwork.

Online Now
Well I know the inspiration thing was cheesy, but I still feel that most of them will lose. I also realized that Shunsui is the only othe guy fighting solo right now. All the other Captains have their Lieutenants by their side, not that I think the latter are very important factors aside from Renji who is out right now. But I though he was going to win his anyway. But I'm thinking we might see some Yachiru action after all. Kenny's defeat finally paves the way for her to take action, and she might be one of those hidden monsters like Ikkaku. I agree though, at the end of the day, Ichigo will save it once again. What Kubo will pull out of you know what for him to beat Juho will likely be cheesy as well.
Post by sickVisionz (4,153 posts) See mini bio Level 24
This being the final arc, thus a real chance to see Yachiru fight is the most anticipated thing about this arc for me.
Post by DBZ_universe (14,839 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@sickVisionz said:

This being the final arc, thus a real chance to see Yachiru fight is the most anticipated thing about this arc for me.

Yeah agreed!! Yachiru is pretty strong... I'll bet she will be angry that Ken-chan was beaten.

Post by DBZ_universe (14,839 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Well this chapter was awesome!! I was exited at the beginning then when I saw Kenpachi defeated I was like whaat!!?

I've always rated Kyoraku and Ukitake ahead of Kenpachi anyway. Kenpachi's fourth strongest imo.

Online Now
Me too, but based on suggestion I put him fifth, placing Unohana ahead as well.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel