Yume wo Kanaeru Zou Drama Goes Anime

Topic started by gia on Jan. 3, 2009. Last post by gia 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Yume wo Kanaeru Zou
Yume wo Kanaeru Zou
It's been announced that an anime adaptation (or spinoff?) of the popular drama Yume wo Kanaeru Zou (roughly “Granting a Dream”) is in the works to air on TBS as a part of the Kimi wa Break section of the Variety News Show on the network.

The drama was about an unreliable salaryman who accidentally meets a Hindu god, Ganesha: the elephant-headed Lord of Obstacles, who is also worshipped by the Jains, Buddhists, and several other religions. After this meeting, the salaryman, Kohei, turns his life around. A later sequel featured Asuka Hoshino as its heroine, living in the same apartment Kohei had previously lived in.

However, the anime's protagonist is someone else-- I'm not at all sure I'm reading the name right, but I think it's Fumio Fumiyama, who will be voiced by Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, who is best known for drama roles. Ganesha will be voiced by Tsurube Shoufukutei, also best known for acting in dramas (including the recent series Blackjack ni Yoroshiku, which is loosely related to the Black Jack manga franchise.

It's starting this month, so keep an eye out. [Source: Daily Sports Online, via 2nn]

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel