Wild West Anime

Topic started by kratos1010 on Feb. 4, 2010. Last post by Oishi_47 4 years, 5 months ago.
Post by kratos1010 (78 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I was just wondering if there are more western-themed anime. I've seen space westerns like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun, as well as shows like Early Reins, a single-episode OAV set in the wild west. Can you give me some suggestions for anime in this genre? Both are good, but I would especially appreciate a pure western anime. Thanks!
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Gun frontier is the only anime that immediately comes to mind, but i will think it over and see if i can't remember more.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Gun Frontier is the only one I can think about, but i'd pass that if I were you. It's pretty bad. 
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Black_Rose said:
" Gun Frontier is the only one I can think about, but i'd pass that if I were you. It's pretty bad.  "
I liked it. It was Cool To see the old west in anime form. Although that might just be because it is the only Old-west anime their is.
Post by jlanzer (117 posts) See mini bio Level 16
There is also Desert Punk and another one very similar to Trigun is Gun Sword.  Think of Trigun with mechs.
Post by Oishi_47 (221 posts) See mini bio Level 8
El Cazador de La Bruja  seems pretty ok.  I would recommend  Desert Punk as well if you like mature comedy presented in a very grade school way (I mean that in the best possible way).
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel