Why do some people judge animes based on there fanbases?

Topic started by LuffyDUzumaki on April 8, 2011. Last post by thekokapelli 3 years ago.
Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Like some people hate naruto bleach and Dbz just because they have those hardcore fans that make the series look bad

It just sounds stupid 2 me to judge a series based on its fan base

Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11
thats how life is, when the fans are annoying then there must be something wrong with the show they love.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,746 posts) See mini bio Level 20
You should always judge shows by their fanbase, and books by their cover. 
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,229 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@LuffyDUzumaki: 
I don't judge series by it fan base, I just judge it by how I like it  
Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Destinyheroknight:
I agree just becasue some of the fans are annoying does mean the show is bad
Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@hitsusatsu11:  Truer words have never been spoken.  A great and wise hipster once told me a proverb that has stayed with me my entire life.  I will share it with you:

He who enjoys what others like is a fool.  He who enjoys what others haven't heard of or hate is wise beyond his years.  Understand this and the world shall be in your palm.

Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Destinyheroknight: I agree.
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Because some people are dumb.

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
It's always the one bad apple that ruins the bunch.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Some people judge shows due to the fanbase for various reasons, none of which I know about. Some fanbases are obsessed with their selective show, and get quite upset whenever others talk trash about it to them. Other fanbases could be portrayed as "boring, perverted, or strange" by those who judge them over the content of the anime series in question.

As for me, I do not judge hardly any fanbases or shows in a negative way, for I am open to most anime genres that are out in the market today. The only issues I have are with shows that contain content that borderlines on Incest and those are the shows that I will judge the fanbase by the content of the anime. Take Kiss x Sis for example. That show has what to me is borderline incest in it (the brother and his two stepsisters that long to make him theirs at any cost), and I know I will catch hell for it, but to me, that makes me judge those who watch it as either slightly sick or strange. Sorry if I offend anyone, but that is the way I see it, in plain terms.
@ShadowKnight508: 

Take Kiss x Sis for example. That show has what to me is borderline incest in it (the brother and his two stepsisters that long to make him theirs at any cost), and I know I will catch hell for it, but to me, that makes me judge those who watch it as either slightly sick or strange. Sorry if I offend anyone, but that is the way I see it, in plain terms   

So what do you think about Tenchi Muyo, it have incest in it to. If you think about it (but you are right it is strange)
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Destinyheroknight said:
" @ShadowKnight508: 

Take Kiss x Sis for example. That show has what to me is borderline incest in it (the brother and his two stepsisters that long to make him theirs at any cost), and I know I will catch hell for it, but to me, that makes me judge those who watch it as either slightly sick or strange. Sorry if I offend anyone, but that is the way I see it, in plain terms   

So what do you think about Tenchi Muyo, it have incest in it to. If you think about it (but you are right it is strange)
"
A couple of generations, plus the fact that Ayeka AND Sasami were born of a different mother can't count in my book. Ayeka's former love for her brother in a more than familial sense, though... and they wonder why tribes die out.
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: 

@Destinyheroknight said:
" @Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: 

"
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: 
I didn't want to think about that
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
We don't judge an anime based on it's fanbase
we judge the anime by the anime
the fanbase by it's fanbase
Post by Burntlettuce (155 posts) See mini bio Level 14
It's not so much that they judge the show by the fan base, it's that they don't want to be associated with that fan base. It's not the person perception of the show, but rather the persons perception of how others are going to perceive them. It's like indirect peer pressure, they don't want people to be associated them with those people, and hence they stay away from the show.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@cfatalis said:
" We don't judge an anime based on it's fanbasewe judge the anime by the animethe fanbase by it's fanbase "
Well said xD
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@ShadowKnight508 said:
" @cfatalis said:
" We don't judge an anime based on it's fanbasewe judge the anime by the animethe fanbase by it's fanbase "
Well said xD "
Neither of those is mutually exclusive too

Bad shows can have Bad fanbase
Bad Shows can have a good fanbase(that somehow create things better than the writer)
Good Shows can have a bad fanbase
Good shows can have good fanbase
@Destinyheroknight said:
" @Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: 
I didn't want to think about that
"
Well... I had to bring it up to you.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel