Who was the head writer/creator for Dragon Ball GT?

Topic started by godmancougardick on Jan. 20, 2012. Last post by Supreme Marvel 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by godmancougardick (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4

I heard Toriyama didnt write it

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

From what I understand GT was a TV series developed after the manga, so you can blame someone at Toei Entertainment probably. According to the Anime News Network the production staff consisted of:

• Series Director: Daisuke Nishio & Osamu Kasai
  • Director: Minoru Okazaki
  • Series Composition: Aya Matsui
  • Screenplays by: Atsushi Maekawa, Aya Matsui, Daisuke Yajima, Junki Takegami (5 episodes), Masashi Kubota
  • Original creator: Akira Toriyama
  • Character Design: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru

And over on the Dragon Ball wikia they describe Toriyama's involvement in the show as similar to his input for the DBZ TV series.

"This new series, called Dragon Ball GT (for "Grand Tour"), was a complete departure from the previous two anime series. Unlike those series, GT was not based on the Dragon Ball manga by Akira Toriyama. Instead, it was completely new material.... Akira Toriyama is credited as a writer of GT, and he strictly oversaw its production; this was the same process that was used during the production of the anime series Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. He drew a rough design for the GT logo, he designed the GT appearance of the series main cast, and he designed the appearances of Giru and the GT spaceship used in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga..."

That's the best information that I could quickly come up with. I know there are a few DB super-fans around this site, so perhaps they can fill in the details.

Post by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (10 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Whoever it was needs to be punched in the face. Can't believe they had 3 episode arcs while filler was much much more. Even in the trimmed down US version, it was too much damn filler.
@PenguinDust said:

From what I understand GT was a TV series developed after the manga, so you can blame someone at Toei Entertainment probably. According to the Anime News Network the production staff consisted of:

• Screenplays by: Atsushi Maekawa, Aya Matsui, Daisuke Yajima, Junki Takegami (5 episodes), Masashi Kubota

And over on the Dragon Ball wikia they describe Toriyama's involvement in the show as similar to his input for the DBZ TV series.

"This new series, called Dragon Ball GT (for "Grand Tour"), was a complete departure from the previous two anime series. Unlike those series, GT was not based on the Dragon Ball manga by Akira Toriyama. Instead, it was completely new material.... Akira Toriyama is credited as a writer of GT, and he strictly oversaw its production; this was the same process that was used during the production of the anime series Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. He drew a rough design for the GT logo, he designed the GT appearance of the series main cast, and he designed the appearances of Giru and the GT spaceship used in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga..."

That's the best information that I could quickly come up with. I know there are a few DB super-fans around this site, so perhaps they can fill in the details.

That's a lot of people that I have to punch in the face.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,051 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@PenguinDust said:

I'm gonna go Jay and Silent Bob on them motherfuckers!!

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,051 posts) See mini bio Level 12

For context

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel