What's in your anime collection? (Pics & Vids)

Topic started by sickVisionz on April 1, 2011. Last post by lp_harley 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I'm always interested in know what other people have in their anime stash.  Seeing what others are super into can put you on to titles you may have overlooked or let you know there's other fans out there.  Plus it's just fun to see what everyone has!  If you've got pics or vids, post em up! 

I'll kick it off.  I never really get to do videos that I'm interested in at work, so doing these anime ones has been fun.  After getting some positive feedback on my first vid earlier this week, I decided to do another one.  This time I just went through my collection:

Complete Collection (3/28/2011)
Complete Collection (3/28/2011)

-William Taylor ( sickvisionz is lazy by nature, procrastinator by trade.  You can also find him on Twitter @mrsickvisionz and check out what he does while procrastinating at Flights of Fancy.   

Previous Blog: Merry March Anime Grabs (Video)
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
All I have to say is this- it'd be nice if I was slapped in the face with your awesome collection. I've got to find some bandages for my nose, thank you very much. ;p
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I will have to either take images later today for my collection and/or do a video of me going through it with the webcam on my Mac.
Post by PrettyCoolGuy (46 posts) See mini bio Level 9
You already got your copy of 2.22?!?! DAMN YOU! 

On a much lighter note, BADASS collection. I would post my collection, but it's currently in my dorm, and I'm currently not there.

might post it on Sunday, in all its tiny glory.
Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16
What little I have is admittedly in another country, I tend to watch stuff on TV (I used to get streams) and rarely actually owned much. 

I do have most all of One Piece that has been released thus far, and I have all of the Death Note and Monster manga, but not much else.  I guess it's kinda a pathetic collection, but I rarely buy any type of movie, and most of my books or manga are digital purchases.
@ShadowKnight508: @PrettyCoolGuy: Definitely Post them when you can!  Cool Guy, when did you order it?  I placed mine a round the 22nd and it came a few days later.  I think they were shipping out even earlier than that though. 

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: LOL, if you touch your nose to the screen while watching, it'll almost be like that happened! 

@Addfwyn: Not bad.  I'm the same for most stuff other than anime.  Your manga collection seems like it's pretty comprehensive for the titles you own.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Addfwyn: The stereotype has been broken, people!
My collection consists of the following:

Manga Collection (as of 4/2/11)

• SHONEN JUMP (Volume 5: May 2010 thru Volume 5: May 2011. 12 Issues)
  • Rosario + Vampire (Volume One thru Volume Ten. Entire 10-volume SJ Advanced set)
  • Fate/stay Night (Volumes One thru Five. 1/2 of entire set from TokyoPop)
  • Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit (Volume Five that I won in the 2010 AnimeVice Twitter giveaway)
  • Afterschool Charisma (Volume One, also won in the 2010 AV Twitter giveaway)
  • Megatoyko (Volume Six, also won in the 2010 AV Twitter giveaway)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Official Art Book (came with the boxed Hyperdimension Neptunia game)
Manga/Figure/Game Collection

Figure Collection (as of 4/2/11)

Figure Collection
Figure Collection

Games Collection (Anime-related) (as of 4/2/11)

•  Valkyria Chronicles (PS3 2008)
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3 2010)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia (PS3 2011)
Anime Games
Anime Games

Image of Collection

Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Here is my current collection. I apologize for the poor picture quality. Unfortunately, it's all I have access to at the moment.

Part 1

Top: Welcome to the NHK (Parts 1-4 from ADV and Complete series part 2 from Funimation), Excel Saga complete series, Kino's Journey complete series, Azumanga Daioh complete series, Sekirei season 1
Middle: Soul Eater seasons 1-4, Vandread First and Second Stage
Bottom: Kanon complete series, Clannad complete series, Air complete series, FLCL complete series, Burst Angel complete series

Part 2

Top: Big Windup season 1, Negima complete series, Negima Spring and Summer Specials, Ragnarok the Animation complete series
Middle: Fate/Stay Night complete series, Tsukihime complete series, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya season 1
Bottom: Evangelion 1.01, Evangelion 2.22, Bamboo Blade complete series, Onegai Teacher complete series

Part 3

Top: .Hack//GU Trilogy, Beck complete series
Middle: Doujin Work complete series (Part 1 is a box set that includes the first volume of the manga), Ah My Buddah part 1
Bottom: Read or Die the Movie, Final Fantasy Advent Children, Itsudatte My Santa, Puni Puni Poemi

Part 4

Top: Vandread Box that contains: Vandread Second Stage part 1, Akira, Samurai X, Tenchi in Tokyo, Lupin the Third: All's Fair and Love and Thievery, Neon Genesis Evangelion Parts 1 and 2, and Scrapped Princess Part 1. The Welcome to the NHK part 2 box that has a bunch of lose discs I've collected over the years.
Bottom: Both Ai Yori Aoshi Visual Novel Games, Ai Yori Aoshi complete series, Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi complete series.
Sides: 2 Ronin Warriors' Sage action figures. Gundam Wing Deathscythe model kit, Gundam Mobile Sumo model kit.  

Manga

Negima vol 1-24, Negima Neo vol 1-4, B.Ichi vol 1-4, Soul Eater vol 1-4, Bamboo Blade vol 1-3, Excel Saga vol 1-2, Shin Megami Tensei: Khan vol 1-2, Beck vol 1-4, FLCL vol 1-2, .Hack//Another Birth novels 1-4, .Hack//GU novel 1, Scrapped Princess: Requiem for the Infidels novel, Scrapped Princess: A Tale of Destiny novel, Welcome to the NHK novel, Naruto vol 1, Faust short story collection, Ragnarok vol 1. Not pictured: Sorcerer Hunters vol 1, Dragon Ball vol 1 (Japanese), Buso Renkin vol 1 (Japanese), Naruto vol 13 (Chinese)
Nice collections everyone! 

@ShadowKnight508:
 I like those figures.  They look a lot less toyish than the posable ones I see sometimes. 

@Mechanical_Ape: Nice collection.  I've got a few questions... 
  1. How are Azumanga and NHK?  There are SAVE editions of these (I think Negima as well)  that I always think about buying but what do you think about them?  Would I be right in guessing that NHK is has a similar feel/tone as Eden of the East?  
  2. I like Hayate no Gotoku, Paniponi Dash and Zettai Karen Children... is Azumanga similar to those as far as its style of comedy?
  3. Kanon, Air and Clannad... I like shows that are depressing and I've heard that one of these ends like that, but I always confuse if with the others.  Which one is it?

@sickVisionz: I love Welcome to the NHK. If I were to make a list of my favorite anime, it would certain be somewhere in the top three. I think it might be one of those shows that people either love or hate, though. For the most part, it is a light-hearted comedy, but it also delves into some pretty serious areas. It deals with issues such as depression, social anxiety, abuse, suicide, and otaku culture both in a humorous and serious manner. Unfortunately, I have only seen one episode of East of Eden so far, so I can’t really say how similar they are. From what I’ve read of East of Eden, I don’t think they are that similar, but maybe someone else will be able to give you a better comparison.

Azumanga is pretty good. When I originally got it, I didn’t know much about it, but I had heard good things. I ended up really enjoying it though. I would say it’s similar to Pani Poni Dash. It’s a basic slice of life style anime that follows the lives of a select group of a class. The style of humor is a little different, though. The show doesn't have much in the way of plot, but it has really strong characters which are very entertaining.

Kanon, Clannad, and Air are all depressing. I don’t know if Key is able to make a show that isn’t really sad and emotional. Personally, I think Kanon is the most depressing and also the best of the three. It seems like most people think Clannad is the most depressing and the best though. If you don't mind very emotional shows, both are very good choices. Air is good as well, but I think Kanon and Clannad are better.

@Mechanical_Ape: Wow...color me impressed with your collection. When I get out of college and my budget improves, I will be investing in more manga and try my hand at anime series on DVD/Blu-Ray.
@ShadowKnight508:  I was actually a little surprised at how much I had. I started setting it up to take a picture and realized one picture wasn't going to work. They aren't always in the same place, so seeing it all together made me realize how much I actually have. Unfortunately, I won't be getting anymore any time soon. I just got out of college and can't find a job, so until I do I have to be more careful about what I spend my money on.
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Here's my collection and untill i actually took pictures of it all i realize i have a lot more anime than i thought i did, lol.

Top row: Nausica, Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service 
Bottom row : Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle

Top row : The Girl who Leapt Through Time, Samurai X : Trust and Betrayal, Sword of the Strange, Straight Jacket, Transformers the movie 
Bottom row ; Samurai Champloo vol. 7, Samurai X the movie, Street Fighter Alpha Generations, Street Fighter Alpha the movie and Casshern Sins part 1

Top Row: DBZ movies - Fusion Reborn, Bardock and Trunks specials, Dead Zone. Yu Yu Hakusho dvd vols 24, 25 and 19. Basilisk vol 2,3,4,5,6 
Bottom Row: X tv series vols 1,2,3,7,8 and movie. Great Teacher Onizuka vol 1 and part 2. Street Fighter 4 : The Ties that bind.

Top Row : Xenosaga The Animation complete series, Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex - 2nd GiG complete. Kenichi : The Mightiest Disciple comeplete series. Baccano! comeplete series. 
Bottom row: Black Lagoon season 1 and 2 box set. Death Note complete series. G Gundam vol's 1, 2 ,3 and part 2. Hellsing TV series complete.

Side notes : Kenichi is signed by Greg Aryes which reads "Rock On".  and i'm not proud that i own the Hellsing tv series.

Top Row: Berserk complete series,  Welcome the NHK complete series, Vision of Escaflowne complete series, Avatar : The Last Airbender seasons 1 and 2. 
Bottom Row: Gundam Seed complete series, FMA Brotherhood parts 1,2 and 3, Cowboy Bebop the complete series and movie. 

Sidenotes : NHK is also signed by Greg Ayres which reads "Otaku 4 life!." Avatar season 2 is signed by Jessie Flowers and reads "You're the man Twinkle-Toes!"

@The_Desert_Tiger: Nice.  You have a lot of movies/ovas.  I've thought about getting the Bebop movie often but always held out because their is a Japanese BD of it so I figured it would come here eventually.  I think it's coming out in June.
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@sickVisionz:
Personally i think the Cowboy Bebop is totally worth owning, but a Blu-ray release would be really sweet too!

And great collections all around!
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
For the sake of not repeating myself I refer y'all you a blog I did around the beginning of the year. Here is the link. On top of what you see in the pictures I now have 43 volumes of manga and a handful of boxsets.

@The_Desert_Tiger: @Mechanical_Ape: 
Nice collections you guys (or girls)! 

Mod edit 

I've been putting off this blog off for a little while now as I was waiting for Christmas to come and pass as I was getting a few more boxsets. I feel like this collection, the sum of my work since 2008, isn't too shabby in its variety of genres. There are some classics as well as some less-than-liked titles. Also, many of you will probably notice that the majority of the boxsets in my collection are FUNimation products. I can't help it that FUNimation handles just about all the series I have liked! In fact, it should show that FUNimation focuses very much on getting a variety of anime to suit just about any anime fan's taste. You can also see that I only have one manga and it is hentai. However, along with anime I am making manga my priority in reading material and 2011 will see me buying a nice sum. Speaking of sum, I do not have a comparison of my collection's retail price to the "bought" price. But I can tell you that the most expensive piece was bought on eBay for $69 ($120 retail) and my cheapest was free (courtesy of FUNimation-but total cost to the company was $150 (4 boxsets)). The total of my Christmas gifts from the past 2 years retailed $420 (9 boxsets). One final point I wish to make before showing the pictures below is that I have burnt copies of HellsingOnegai Teacher, and Onegai Twins (entire series for each) that are not present in the photos. Without further ado, Anime Vice Community, enjoy my visual offering!

I had this taken but then I forgot my manga.
I had this taken but then I forgot my manga.

Hey, I got the manga this time!
Hey, I got the manga this time!

You will have to forgive that I do not have a descending piece of furniture to take fancy pictures of me and my collection on. I used the couch and a couple pillows. First, I'll say that in the right corner is Ichigo's Hollification Mask, I am wearing a Super Saiyan 3 Goku t-shirt, and in my hands is the complete Slut Girl collection (I'm still working on the Wiki). I'll list the items from left to right. Top row: Afro Samurai (Director's Cut), Afro Samurai: Resurrection (Director's Cut), Afro Samurai (PS3), Dragonball (Season 1), and Dragonball (Season 2). Second row: Ikkitousen (The Complete Series) and Dragonball Z: Tree of Might. Third row: Girls Bravo (Complete Boxset), Elfen Lied(Complete Collection), Code Geass (Limited Edition Boxset 1), Samurai 7 (The Complete Series-BD), Gurren Lagann (Complete Collection-Anime Legend), Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne (The Complete Series), Love Hina (The Complete Series), Negima!? Spring & Summer Specials, and Speed Grapher (The Complete Series-Viridian Collection). Fourth row: Death Note (Vol. 2 Boxset), Death Note (Vol. 1 Boxset), Bleach (Season 2 Boxset), Bleach (Season 3 Boxset), Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki(The Complete Series-Viridian Collection), Tenchi Muyo! GXP (The Complete Series-Viridian Collection), Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 (Ultimate Collection), andSamurai Harem (Complete Collection). Bottom row: Akira (BD), Basilisk (The Complete Series-BD), Claymore (The Complete Series-BD), Samurai Champloo (The Complete Series-BD), Ah! My Goddess (Complete Collection), Baki the Grappler (The Complete Series-Viridian Collection), Mobile Suit Gundam Wing (Complete Collection), and Black Lagoon (Complete Boxset). 

-Will McQuigg (sotyfan16is your everyday anime/manga enthusiast. You can also find him on Twitter (bildo_88).

@sotyfan16:   Is it ok if I copy/paste your collection into your post or do you want it to stay at the blog?
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@ShadowKnight508: That really is a sweet Sylvaria statue.  

When I first started getting my 10/hr paychecks a few years ago, a lot of that money went towards what I now know as my anime/manga collection. I have more or less maintained it in the meantime, though the manga has certainly faired far better than the anime since I left that gig.  

Damn flash, trust me though, it looks better this way. movies are as follows: 
  1. Akira
  2. Appleseed 1/2
  3. Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heavens' Door
  4. Bleach 1/2
  5. Fullmetal Alchemist: Conquerer of Shamballa
  6. Ghost in The Shell 1/2+Solid State Society
  7. Endless Waltz
  8. Rebuild of Eva 1.11/2.22
  9. Paprika
  10. ROD
  11. Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie
  12. The Place Promised in our Early Days
  13. 5 CM Per Second
  14. Voices of a Distant Star
Anime: 
  1. Baccano
  2. BECK (x2, the complete series in yellow plus the AMP box set below. I loan the series out so frequently that I really do need two copies, plus the yellow one is signed by MAHO!)
  3. Black Lagoon
  4. Bleach seasons 1-3 (end of Soul Society, before they started trying to rip everyone off with 13 episode boxes)
  5. Cowboy Bebop
  6. Cromartie High School
  7. Chrono Crusade
  8. Deathnote
  9. Elfen Lied
  10. Ergo Proxy
  11. E's Otherwise
  12. Fate/Stay Night
  13. Fullmetal Alchemist
  14. Gankutsuou
  15. Genshiken (season 1)
  16. Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Seasons 1 and 2
  17. GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
  18. Gundam: 08th MS Team
  19. Gundam Wing
  20. Gundam Seed
  21. Green Green (don't ask)
  22. Le Chevalier D'Eon
  23. Midori Days
  24. Mushishi
  25. Negima!? OVA
  26. Neo Ranga
  27. Neon Genesis Evangelion
  28. Paranoia Agent
  29. Peacemaker
  30. Samurai Seven
  31. Trigun
  32. Tsukihime
  33. Yu Yu Hakusho
  34. Future home of the High School of the Dead Blu Ray, ordered on Rightstuf YESTERDAY

My wonderful figure collection, featuring a number of my favorite guys, and of course the fantastic femme fatales.  

And my Manga shelves, which short of that little space in the bottom two shelves and slots that would normally be filled with Eyeshield 21 (out on loan) is entirely double-deep. Not sure what I'll do when i fill it up, though I can certainly get rid of a few (Shaman King, Hayate, D. Grayman 
  1. Air Gear 1-14 (no Omnibus)
  2. Phoenix Wright 1-2 :P
  3. BECK 9-12
  4. Black God 1-8
  5. Black Lagoon 1-9
  6. Bleach 1-34
  7. Chrono Crusade COMPLETE
  8. Claymore 1-17
  9. D.Gray-Man 1-20
  10. Deathnote COMPLETE
  11. Eyeshield 1-34
  12. Fate/Stay Night 1-7
  13. Fullmetal Alchemist 1-24
  14. Grenadier COMPLETE
  15. Hayate the Combat Butler1-13
  16. High School of the Dead 1
  17. Hikaru no Go 1-22
  18. Hunter x Hunter 27
  19. Kurohime 1-14 (Heart-heartbreakingly CUT OFF)
  20. Love Hina COMPLETE
  21. Tsukihime 1-7
  22. Midori Days COMPLETE
  23. Monster COMPLETE
  24. Mushishi COMPLETE
  25. My Hime COMPLETE
  26. Naruto 28-39
  27. Negima 1-28
  28. One Piece 1-23
  29. Pretty Face COMPLETE
  30. Ruroni Kenshin 1-12
  31. Shaman King COMPLETE
  32. Vagabond 1-27 (9 Omnibus)
  33. Welcome to the NHK COMPLETE
  34. Yu Yu Hakusho COMPLETE
  35. Zombie Powder COMPLETE

Kudos to whoever can find Stephen Colbert in that last picture. 
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@sotyfan16: Our collections... there are some disturbing parallels :P Jealous of the Geass, Gurren Lagann, and all the Blu Rays
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel