What is your top 5 anime (no particular order)

Topic started by tacosRcool on Sept. 26, 2011. Last post by sickVisionz 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by tacosRcool (19 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Mine would be:

Samurai Champloo

Ergo Proxy

Cowboy Bebop

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

Spice and Wolf

There is no particular order since they pretty much change depending on the mood I'm in. These are my favorite anime so far.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Hmm....I won't include Cowboy Bebop for the sake of more variety. I think it'd be on everyone's top 5 list, or should, otherwise.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Honey and Clover

Macross Plus

Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories

Lucky Star

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Saint Seiya

Bleach

FMA: Brotherhood

School days

HOTD

Post by Mrsignerman44 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4

One Piece

Lucky Star

Elfen Lied

Cowboy Bebop

Soul Eater

They are all very different anime's but they are all so amazing.

Post by Stripeycow (8 posts) See mini bio Level 8

hmm hard choice, mine would have to be

Bokura Ga Ita

Jing: King Of Bandits

K-ON!

Paranoia Agent

Higurashi no naku koro ni

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Baccano!

No. 6

The Tyrant Who Fell In Love

Darker Than Black

Fullmetal Alchemist

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,321 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now

Top 10 animes and manga

1. Death Note

I love this anime it is my favorite of all time.I love Light's sociopathic nature and how he tricked the investigator that was following him into writing the names of all the other investigators in the Death Note.I love how L tricked Kira into giving him his location.If there is one thing I detest about this TV series is the fact L wasn't the one to defeat Light.Having Near beat Light was completely dumb.I mean if you are gonna get rid of L why replace him by a character that is exactly like him it is ridiculous, all it does is make Near look like a cheap rip-off. Now enough ranting. I love how L holds all the object he has and he sits in his chair.L being my favorite character I was pretty sad when Light killed him especially he had told him he was his friend and that he was smiling at him as he was those are moments like that that make great TV.

2. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Lelouch is a very devilish and charismatic character.Suzaku is an annoying hypocrite but by the end of the serie he actually becomes a bad-ass.It would probably be number 1 if someone hadn't spoiled the ending for me.The show had a very beautiful ending.

3. Baccano!

Love the gangster noir style,the confusing time-lines and Claire Stanfield is frickin' Chuck Norris!

4. Fullmetal Alchemist

This one of the only animes i have watched where I genuinely felt sad at times.Hughes dying,Winry being separated from Ed and Al at the end of the first movie,the daughter of Crocker being turned into a chimera and Greed dying.They were also moments were I felt extremely happy like when Winry and Ed have kids at the end of the Brotherhood series,the future kids ova,Ed and Al being reunited in the movie,Ed sacrificing his alchemy to triumph over the Truth and take back Alphonse.I loved how Edward wasn't just the typical shonen hero,he was actually smart,he actually had other emotions then hunger,determination and envy for fraternity.The openings also have great music. This applies to both series I think I like both somewhat equally. The movie was great by the way and I am looking forward to the brotherhood.It is as show that I recommend watching in English.I REALLY don't like Ed's voice in japanese

5. Elfen Lied

Heartfelt and BRUTAL!

Angel Beats!

Didn't like the first 5 episodes but I have learned to look beyond the fact that it takes place in a High School.Although, some things like them implying Angel could obliterate people in the first episode and the time Otonashi asked for her join the first time when she was never showed to do that and the fact that the SSS continued to exist after "defeating" Angel annoyed me plus the fact that Angel doesn't disappear even know she's a model student.What is good about this series is the heartfelt moments with Otonashi,Yuripee and others in the second part also the music is most likely the best I heard in an anime.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,170 posts) See mini bio Level 21
  1. Angel Beats!
  2. The Slayers
  3. One Piece
  4. Baccano!
  5. Cowboy Bebop

@MrASSH0LE:

Glad you like Angel Beats! (fun fact: Angel Beats! at first was going to be a 26 episode anime)

Post by Daroki (86 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Wow... thanks for at least giving a no particular order to that, I'd hate to try to order this.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

Kimi Ni Todoke

Paranoia Agent

Durarara!!

Gantz

Damn, that's a random list.

Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

1) When They Cry (Both series Higurashi and Umineko, because I haven't decided yet which one is better)

2) Kara no Kyoukai

3) Steins;Gate

4) Hunter X Hunter

5) Death note

They are in order

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Cowboy Bebop

Berserk

Vision of Escaflowne

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Black Lagoon

Post by Toxin45 (336 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate

Dragon ball

Naruto

Death note

Durarara

Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Legend Of Galactic Heroes

Code Geass/R2

Toward The Terra

S-CRY-ed

Tenchi Muyo OVA 1-3 / Isekai no Monotagari

Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,321 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now
@Destinyheroknight: I thought they were doing another season with Otonashi helping people?
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,170 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@MrASSH0LE:

They still doing it, but first season was support to be 26 episodes and explain a lot of things

Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

1.dragon ball z

2. dragon ball

3. naruto shippuden

4. naruto

5.dragon ball gt

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

My list is here. I've changed it around some lately, so the choices will likely change again. But the top 5 would be for today:

1. School Rumble
  2. Eureka Seven
  3. Maison Ikkoku
  4. Nadia Secret of the Blue Water
  5. Gintama
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

My order:

• Gintama
  • Digimon Adventure
  • Yakitate Japan
  • One Piece
  • Baka To Test No Shokanjuu

Random ones. Cause I'm not too sure which ones are the best since my opinion on these keeps changing every time I watch something good.

Post by kuronekomi (11 posts) See mini bio Level 7

hmm thats hard... i guess:

• Lucky star
  • haruhi suzumiya no yuutsu
  • Shigofumi
  • tsubasa chronicles
  • oreimo

but thats just now... i'll see in a few weeks :3

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel