What is your favourite Anime, and what got you into it

Topic started by CreamyGoodness on Dec. 13, 2008. Last post by PenguinDust 5 years, 5 months ago.
Post by CreamyGoodness (5 posts) See mini bio Level 1
well mine is the only anime i have ever watched. Gundam. i always enjoyed that show but i could never get into anything else, it all started one day when i was flipping around on cartoonn network and a show called G-Gundam was on. i wathed it for like ten seconds and gave up. Then i came back to it ten minutes later and saw robots fighting. Now that was my cup of tea. I continued to watch, then i grew the other Gundam series, Seed, Wing, ect. What is your number one show
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Naruto :D

It has everything from comedy to action, drama, adventure and even a bit scary.. (Gaara's sick look)

At first I didn't like specifically the character Naruto I watch the anime just for watching it, I started to get interesteed (I watch random episodes at first) in the chunin exams then I saw Hynata and got a lot more interested and then Rock Lee then Jiraiya and finally Naruto's character. The will and all that grew on me because I actually jump and start screaming like crazy when he does those gutsy moves like when he protected Tsunade from Kabuto etc.

I was jumping like crazy "YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET'EM NARUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :DDDDDDDDDDD and stuff lol :P

is a really good story

Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Hellsing.

I blame Sparrow :P
Post by orz (114 posts) See mini bio Level 7
GTO and Kenshin off the top of my head.

DBZ got me into animes, or maybe it was MS Gundam
Post by Dawnwalker (1,663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
My favorite Anime is Naruto...and well what got me into it was that a lot of people I know on here and on the Vine are Naruto fans, and I figured I could give it a try by watching it.
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Fave Anime: Cowboy bebop .

What got me into Anime: I can't remember its name, but I saw it as a child something like Pizza cats.
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Dawnwalker said:
"My favorite Anime is Naruto...and well what got me into it was that a lot of people I know on here and on the Vine are Naruto fans, and I figured I could give it a try by watching it."
Ahem! a special mention ME! :P
Post by Dawnwalker (1,663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Morita_Shunsuke said:
"Dawnwalker said:
"My favorite Anime is Naruto...and well what got me into it was that a lot of people I know on here and on the Vine are Naruto fans, and I figured I could give it a try by watching it."
Ahem! a special mention ME! :P"
Stop imagining things :P
Post by VioletteDragoon (448 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Full Metal Alchemist

I was up late one night and it was the only thing that was on, that looked decent. LOVED IT

Post by CaptainRiven (6 posts) See mini bio Level 2
My favorite is Slayers and I got into anime when I was about 9
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
My ultimate favorite series is Genshiken. I got into it when I was bored at Borders one day. I picked up the manga and was intrigued to read a book about otakus. At first, I wanted to read it to see how horrible it was because how can you read about a group of otakus but it ended up being fantastic. I ended up buying all the manga volumes and watched the anime.
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
My current favorite is One Piece, and has been for quite some time. Love the characters and it reminds me of anime series I watched when I was a kid, that felt like adventures (don't even remember the name of those series anymore, it was a very long time ago). Going from place to place, finding strange new places, heading toward a certain far away goal that who knows what it will really be.

Or something like that. I guess I'm supposed to hate it because it is shounen and it is popular... but I don't care about such things. And never will. I don't avoid series that are popular nor do I seek series that aren't.

What got me into it was simple curiosity. I found a place that had the openings / endings only, and I watched them many times. I remember thinking, by just watching the openings, that I wouldn't like the "long nosed" character, as he seemed too silly. How very wrong I was. Years later I remembered about the name and looked for the anime. I fell in love from the first episode and "Nami's arc" sealed the deal.

Anyway, my "most favorite" has changed with time, and if I keep watching it will keep changing. Before One Piece there was Saber Marionette J, Jubei-chan, and too many others.
Post by DarkShaper (76 posts) See mini bio Level 5
My Favorite is Bleach
I got into it when someone recomeded it to me at a convention. I'm glad that happened :)
Post by shorap (8 posts) See mini bio Level 4
As of now, my favorite is Black Lagoon.  Akira was what really got me into anime but I was a semi-fan of it growing as a kid watching Voltron.
On a side note, back then (and a bit before I was born) there was some really awesome western cartoons.  The Hobbit, The Last Unicorn, Watership Down, the first Secret of Nimh, Rock and Rule, etc.  Hell, even some Disney stuff back then was good like The Black Cauldron. 

It's a shame that hardly any western cartoons include adult themes anymore.
Post by Light (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Death note.
I was bored at like midnight and I turned on adult swim, the debut episode was on. I had no idea what it was but something about the colors I guess made me keep watching. I ended up really liking Light's character from the get go and I stuck with the series, even reading the manga (which I never do if something is on TV)
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
FullMetal Alchemist, and I really dont know why, I just love everything about it, and over all I think it's more than enough to be a candidate for the best manga of all time
Post by Sonata (35,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20
CaptainRiven said:
"My favorite is Slayers and I got into anime when I was about 9"
oh I love Slayers, been so long since I seen it

Fist of the North Star, Sorcerer Hunters, DBZ thats off the top of my head.
Post by Schwindelmagier (314 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Lately I would probably have to go with Ga-Rei Zero. I read the manga and then when it came time for the fall anime to come out I took a look at the list and saw that there was an anime made. Of course the manga and anime are completely different but yeah, awesome series. ^-^
Post by Katsuro_Igarashi (254 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Right now it's Naruto... because it's really the only one I watch right now.

My friend Rob got me into it when he showed me some jutsus from the show, and then I started watching the episodes.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
How does one get into Gurren Lagann?

Manly Spirit.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel