What I really look for in Anime...

Topic started by crushing2012 on Oct. 18, 2013. Last post by crushing2012 8 months ago.
Post by crushing2012 (36 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Just like the title states, we all look for something in anime. Something that on some level has a connection with us even when we don't have a clue as to what that something is... As for me I pretty much like all things anime to a point, but even as I grew older I understood more and more the things I wanted out of anime and my tastes refined into what they are today... And to name a few of my tastes; I like Action anime, Comedy Anime, Thriller anime, Horror, and even Drama and all the little sub categories within except Magical-girl well most of them anyway some are alright... But here is where I tell you what I look for in anime... Emotion... If a anime can maintain characters with certain emotions even as the character is evolving and yes emotions can change so don't get the wrong idea from that... What i'm talking about is the steady flow of the emotions that's what I look for in a anime to see if its good or not. And I have watched and enjoyed a lot of good anime that has been created. But my Tastes are starting to evolve again, and now I need your help is finding the last emotion left that I haven't experienced in anime.... Rage. I'm not talking about oh you pissed me off and now i'm going hurt you... No that's not good enough, If any of you have ever played the game Asura's Wrath then you know what kind of rage i'm talking about... The kind of rage that comes from something like the dearest most precious person close to you is suddenly killed before your eyes and all you see is Blood red as you charge at the one who took that person from you, with no thought as to if you could make them hurt in some way... If you catch my meaning could you help me finding these kinds of anime it would be a great help.. and I don't mind what author, style or how old the anime is just so long as you think its good enough to watch and meet this criteria... Thank you for help in advance and for reading until the end Happy hunting...

Post by SpectroRaphael (45 posts) See mini bio Level 8

There are a few anime that immediately popped into my mind with 'rage', but you may have already watched them. Rurouni Kenshin, One Piece, Attack on Titan, and Hunter x Hunter 2011 (the fight in this is one is yet to take place).

@SpectroRaphael: I have seen all but the hunter x hunter... and I will look into it very soon thank you

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,166 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Don't really see One Piece being that "rage"

Anyway, try The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke. The main character have a lot of rage in the inside. That the only one that come to me, I probably will add more later

@Destinyheroknight: wow thank you I never even heard of that one yet.. ill look for it right away

Post by takashichea (10,836 posts) See mini bio Level 25

As for me I pretty much like all things anime to a point, but even as I grew older I understood more and more the things I wanted out of anime and my tastes refined into what they are today... And to name a few of my tastes;

. And to name a few of my tastes; I like Action anime, Comedy Anime, Thriller anime, Horror, and even Drama and all the little sub categories within except Magical-girl well most of them anyway some are alright... But here is where I tell you what I look for in anime... Emotion

I don't watch a lot of anime shows. I do know a horror one that invokes emotion and makes you appreciate as you get older.

Shin Sekai Yori - It's about 5 children born with psychic powers. It's a coming of age story that deals with human nature at its core.

@takashichea said:

@Destinyheroknight said:

Don't really see One Piece being that "rage"

Anyway, try The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke. The main character have a lot of rage in the inside. That the only one that come to me, I probably will add more later

It wasnt a bad anime but all the emotions were dulled too much... to get a sense of what I am looking for, watch youtube vids of Asura's Wrath or if you got the game play it.. That is the Rage factor I am looking for

So either everyone stopped looking or there are not any anime that has such a strong Rage emotion

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel