What are some good anime?

Topic started by peruano99A on Nov. 2, 2011. Last post by zaldar 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by peruano99A (492 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Anyone recommend a good anime with a great plot?

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@peruano99A:What are your likes?

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Kaiba, Erin, and Time of Eve. The last two are on Crunchyroll.

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17

No. 6, Guilty Crown, Sword Of The Stranger, Madoka Magica, Tiger & Bunny, Baccano!, and Pale Cocoon.

Kara no Kyoukai, Fate stay night, Fate Zero,

Hunter X Hunter,

Higurashi no naku koro ni (and kai), Umineko no naku koro ni,

steins;gate

You asked for good plot, well all these had good plots, Hunter X Hunter, may be a shonen, but is more an inteligent one

Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10

King of Thorns, any Ghibli Movie, Casshern Sins, Paranoia Agent, anything by Naoki Urasawa, A Certain Magical Index, Durarara! and Katanagatari

@Levance: I think you need to watch Madoka Magica. XD

@Superevil225:I don't like shoujo xD

@Levance: Trolololo

It's actually quite intense though. Based off of your other faves, I suggest you give it a try.

@Superevil225:Well, I may add it in my list, but is a long one, what I like more are crazy an twisted plots xD

@Levance: Crazy twisted plot? That's the definition of Madoka. XD

Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I swear these threads pop up every week. Welp...here. Read this list, pick something from it.

That is why I created a thread

http://www.animevice.com/forums/just-anime/20/anime-recommendation-thread/329408/

Untill now there is jsut one post as an example that is one of my recommendation, but the idea is that people fill it with a lot of different recommendation, so, when one wants to search for a serie, he/she may take a look here

Post by peruano99A (492 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Levance said:

@peruano99A:What are your likes?

any ranging from shonen, harem, action packed.

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Top 10 animes and manga

1. Death Note

I love this anime it is my favorite of all time.I love Light's sociopathic nature and how he tricked the investigator that was following him into writing the names of all the other investigators in the Death Note.I love how L tricked Kira into giving him his location.If there is one thing I detest about this TV series is the fact L wasn't the one to defeat Light.Having Near beat Light was completely dumb.I mean if you are gonna get rid of L why replace him by a character that is exactly like him it is ridiculous, all it does is make Near look like a cheap rip-off. Now enough ranting. I love how L holds all the object he has and he sits in his chair.L being my favorite character I was pretty sad when Light killed him especially he had told him he was his friend and that he was smiling at him as he was those are moments like that that make great TV.

2. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Lelouch is a very devilish and charismatic character.Suzaku is an annoying hypocrite but by the end of the serie he actually becomes a bad-ass.It would probably be number 1 if someone hadn't spoiled the ending for me.The show had a very beautiful ending.

3. Baccano!

Love the gangster noir style,the confusing time-lines and Claire Stanfield is frickin' Chuck Norris!

4. Fullmetal Alchemist

This one of the only animes i have watched where I genuinely felt sad at times.Hughes dying,Winry being separated from Ed and Al at the end of the first movie,the daughter of Crocker being turned into a chimera and Greed dying.They were also moments were I felt extremely happy like when Winry and Ed have kids at the end of the Brotherhood series,the future kids ova,Ed and Al being reunited in the movie,Ed sacrificing his alchemy to triumph over the Truth and take back Alphonse.I loved how Edward wasn't just the typical shonen hero,he was actually smart,he actually had other emotions then hunger,determination and envy for fraternity.The openings also have great music. This applies to both series I think I like both somewhat equally. The movie was great by the way and I am looking forward to the brotherhood.It is as show that I recommend watching in English.I REALLY don't like Ed's voice in japanese

5. Elfen Lied

Heartfelt and BRUTAL!

6. Angel Beats!

Didn't like the first 5 episodes but I have learned to look beyond the fact that it takes place in a High School.Although, some things like them implying Angel could obliterate people in the first episode and the time Otonashi asked for her join the first time when she was never showed to do that and the fact that the SSS continued to exist after "defeating" Angel annoyed me plus the fact that Angel doesn't disappear even know she's a model student.What is good about this series is the heartfelt moments with Otonashi,Yuripee and others in the second part also the music is most likely the best I heard in an anime.

7. Naruto

I like Naruto how he has matured as a character during the time-skip,he used to be this annoying kid that simply wanted to be an Hokage now he is to a point where he has impacted several peoples.Sasuke ,Naruto,Sakura and Sai have all changed and grown as the story progressed.I like the fights too and the usage of strategy in them.Bleach and DBZ don't make the same usage of strategy in battle that Naruto does.Plus I like the character design .

8. Deadman Wonderland

The manga Cool fights nice story development however it kind of gets tacky at times with Shiro being a big kid.And Ganta always feeling weak.

9. Steins;Gate
10. Avatar: The Last Airbender

@peruano99A:Try Hunter X Hunter then, also Fate Zero, Fate Stay Night, and Kara no Kyoukai had good action, however they aren't so shonen

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I've started a new list of shows I'd recommend. Under-suggested shows for the anime novice (nothing too deep here) This is a different list from My Personal Favorites and there is very little crossover (so far). If you like "harems" then I have another (always being updated) list for those. Harem and Romantic Comedies I've Enjoyed a Lot, Somewhat, and Just a Small Bit. I seem to write more about my reflections for each show these days in my Anime I've seen but... list, especially the new entries in the back.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Dennou Coil and Kure-nai are good ones as well.

Post by Mousse_Gallon (36 posts) See mini bio Level 12
The Vision of Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Ah! My Goddess (Season 1 & 2), Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (1st and 2nd gig), Sakura Wars, Wagnaria!! (Working!!), and Ouran High School Host Club
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel