What anime have you watched today?

Topic started by sickVisionz on July 10, 2010. Last post by Kobra678 1 year ago.
Post by tainteddonut (45 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Occult Academy 02
Fairy Tail 37
Durarara 09

Durarara so far is awesome. I'm not really liking what I've seen of Occult Academy but I'm going to give it a few more episodes to see if things improve. I need to check out the other shows airing this season to see if there's anything good.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Why hasn't this thread been created yet?  Haha.

I finished off Vandread really early in the morning and I had a good time with the series.
Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I got up to Naruto Shippuuden 166 and now I am sad.   I only watch the anime, so I don't know what occurs in the manga, but having said that...
Bleach #Whatever came out today 
Dragon Ball Kai #64 
Amagami SS #1 

Might watch Chance Pop Session later on.
Post by godeater (2,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Amagami SS #1 

@sickVisionz:
 anygood was  gonna watch it  ?
yuyu hakusho 71 and still  going:)
@godeater: I'm in the middle of watching it right now but I like it a lot so far.  I think it will end up as a semi-serious harem kinda like True Tears or White Album (minus the main guy sleeping around... probably), which always floats my boat.  I can't think of a single romance anime that I've seen that was based off of a video game that I didn't fall in love with.  I like some of the music in it a lot as well; it reminds me of 60s instrumental jazz records (9:30 makes me want to buy the OST).  It's easy on the eyes too. 

I just finished it.  I like it a lot.  The main character starts off kinda mopey but he's got some guts to him that make me like him as a character.
Post by ngkachun1982 (10 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Fairy Tail  (Anime originated from Comics)

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu     (Don't forget this anime's originated Novels!)

Kaichou wa #15 
Captain Harlock: Endless Odyssey #11 
Pani Poni Dash #13 
Chance Pop Session #10 & 11 
Amagami SS #2
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Re-watching several episodes of KanoKon in order to get the information needed to update/add the correct info to the franchise.

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
After my depression over Shippuuden 166, I needed something lighter so being a fan of Fairy Tail, I decided to check out Groove Adventure Rave (Rave Master).  It's okay and so far (24 eps. in) I have gotten a few good laughs from it.  It's much sillier than Fairy Tail and includes some very weird looking characters.  Prue (white screw-nose animal) is a featured character in this series and is also in Fairy Tail.  I wonder if there are any talking eggplant-squid looking guys coming up in that series.  Anyway, G.A.Rave not among the best things I've seen, but it's a decent distraction.  
High School of the Dead 01 -  So far is the most interesting but I'm not too sure the mix of fanservice and gore go well together. It was honestly a bit distracting at times.

Seitokai Yakuindomo 01 -  Comedy can sway very easily between hit and miss and unfortunately this one is the latter.  Too many lame sexual jokes/gags.

Amagami SS 01 - I started hating the main character, then liking him somewhat, and back to hating him again. I don't know where this one will fall but I'm hoping there are better supporting characters or the main lead grows a bigger backbone.   Seems kind of doubtful  in this type of series though.

Shiki 01 - Not too much to go on in this episode so I'm neutral so far. 
@tainteddonut: But the main lead already has more backbone than most guys in romance and harem do.  It took him one episode to actively flirt with and confess to a girl who was giving him some pretty strong signs.  In most shows, you have to wait until the series is like 90% done before the dude has enough of a backbone to do that. 

Anyways, the only thing I watched was Naruto Shippuuden #168.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,804 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I watched both of Evnagleion new movies... 
And then I held my fist to the heavens in anger and surprise, and from the top of my lungs I shouted after watching the second movie 

OMG! SHINJI GREW APAIR OF BALLS!!!!!!!!! THE WORLD IS GOING TO END, THE RIDERS ARE COMING!!!!!!!!!!! 

And then I fainted...
@sickVisionz: True and that's the point where I liked his character. He said to himself he was going to make an effort and he really did. But he seemed to regress in the end going back into his 'closet planetarium'. Only one episode down so It's still very early though. As long as he doesn't wallow in depression for episodes on end my opinion of him can easily change.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,736 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Dragon ball z - Buu saga and Fuision reborn

Dragon ball GT - baby saga

Cat Shit One #1 
Amagami SS #3 
Captain Harlock: Endless Odyssey #12

and fought really hard to not watch Naruto Shippuuden #169
finished yuyu hakasho
watching  AmagamiSS #2 pretty good so far
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
 Digimon Xros Wars  

high school of the dead 
Mitsudomoe #3
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel