What anime had the most promising first episode that you dropped?

Topic started by Void_Wizard on July 5, 2009. Last post by ThePsychoGamer 5 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
For me it would have to be Kurokami. I was extremely interested in it after the first episode but as I watched more I realized it was actually just a cliche, annoying, shounen show.

If you are so inclined you may watch the first episode dubbed by Bandai:

Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
You know, I dunno how to answer that. I'm a total sucker for like... most every first episode.
Strangely, some of my favorite series have terrible first episodes. Its like, the more you have to make the first episode or two sparkle, the more likely its about to break down into formula based drivel.
Post by Rwave (17 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Blood+ and Eureka Seven, both which I dropped because I just never found myself wanting to watch more. I might go back to them later, but I'm finding I just don't seem to bother with non-current shows. And with a list of shows I'd like to watch constantly growing I doubt I'll give them a second chance.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Hmm... in recent memory, I'd have to say Kure-nai. I thought it was going to be an interesting series but as I watched four more episodes, I got rather bored of it.
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
You dropped Black God (Kurokami)? Sure, its a standard action romp, but its an AWESOME standard action romp, and one where many of the characters are actually appealing! Granted, ive only been reading the manga, but i imagine they wouldn't fuck this property up in the transition the way Chrono Crusade was :/
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@AgentJ said:
" You dropped Black God (Kurokami)? Sure, its a standard action romp, but its an AWESOME standard action romp, and one where many of the characters are actually appealing! Granted, ive only been reading the manga, but i imagine they wouldn't fuck this property up in the transition the way Chrono Crusade was :/ "
I enjoyed the Chrono Crusade anime and did not drop it. I don't find Kurokami awesome once it started following the standard shounen plot and I hate the male lead with an intense passion. The pacing was also to slow as well as the character development.
Post by Revin (24 posts) See mini bio Level 1
For me, I'd have to say "Keroro gunsou". It looked really promising, llike it was funny and all, and had a good plot, but it just turned into crap. If anyone has watched it, then you would know what i meant. Look it up if you want to, and see what i mean.
Post by Emanuela95 (8 posts) See mini bio Level 1
The anime that I dropped that seemed very promising was Clannad after a while I couldnt stop asking myself why do I keep watching it. The episodes starting to blend in and then I stopped watching it all together. I dont think that I am going to ever go back to that anime.
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Void_Wizard said:
" @AgentJ said:
" You dropped Black God (Kurokami)? Sure, its a standard action romp, but its an AWESOME standard action romp, and one where many of the characters are actually appealing! Granted, ive only been reading the manga, but i imagine they wouldn't fuck this property up in the transition the way Chrono Crusade was :/ "
I enjoyed the Chrono Crusade anime and did not drop it. I don't find Kurokami awesome once it started following the standard shounen plot and I hate the male lead with an intense passion. The pacing was also to slow as well as the character development. "
I nearly did drop it once they started straying off the original story, because I thought the whole brainwashed Rosette was cliche and boring.  The climax was such a huge letdown, and it almost felt like they were trying to make Chrono become the lead. It just didnt make any sense. 
Sure, the guy in Kurokami is formulatic and a huge idiot, but the story and the supporting cast (and Kuro) are much more interesting. 
Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Heat Guy J.
Post by ThePsychoGamer (1,835 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Boogiepop Phantom, may pick it up again, don't know why i dropped it
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel