What a nice surprise

Topic started by Lemegeton300 on Dec. 15, 2008. Last post by Lemegeton300 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
ok so we have all been there. you hear about a series, you check it out and it sounds good and you watch it. Only to find out its horrible and you end up being bored stupid. That happened to me when i watched Virus Buster Serge.
But every now and then the opposite happens, you watch an anime that you never heard about, and on paper it sounds like it will be terrible to mediocre at best and it turns out to be really enjoyable. this is what i experienced with Heat Guy J, now you probably never heard of it, cos i never did and only have the series as part of a fortnightly anime dvd collection thats ongoing in uk/ireland at the moment. I highly reccomend this Anime to everyone here, i wont go into too much detail here as im going to do a wiki, episode guide and review but basically its billed as a 'buddy-cop' show which is such a cliche and when you see its a human paired with an android you think its not the most original idea. But the difference here is that the characters are really well designed and the two main characters work really well together and share some good exchanges. The animation is solid the whole way throughout but the star of this show is really the story. it starts out as a mafia/crime based story and that whole mafia angle does not show up in anime much but not only is the story good by anime standards but this plot would hold up anywhere.

anyway ill say no more and leave the details to the wiki but i highly suggest you go to youtube and check this show out. if you watch the first 4 eps and have no desire to watch number 5 i will be shocked
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel