Weekly DVD/Blu-Ray Releases: May 20, 2014

Topic started by takashichea on May 19, 2014. Last post by takashichea 4 months ago.
Post by takashichea (12,326 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Welcome to this week's DVD and Blu-Ray releases! I'm interested in the Persona 3 Movie, and after seeing Lain's cover, it reminds me to rewatch the series one day.

I would love to hear your recommendations on these series. All comments are welcome. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I'm just promoting the official release and the publishers. I'm not selling you anything. This is to combat piracy and get fans to support the official release. All summaries are from ANN.

Notes

Only Persona 3 the Movie is available through Right Stuf this week, and it's the only one on ANN's release lists for this week. I had to rely on Right Stuf for the full list.

Sources

Persona 3 The Movie 1: Spring of Birth [Import] (Sub.Blu-Ray)
  • Distributor: Aniplex of America
  • Suggested retail price: $74.98 (Import) $99.98 (Collector's Edition)

"If I told you that there's more than 24 hours in a day, would you believe me?"

"The Dark Hour:" the time which exists between each day. During those hours, the town stands still, the people are transformed into mere objects, and countless monsters called "Shadows" run rampant through the town. Only the Personas, beings with special powers, are able to combat these creatures.

Makoto Yuki, a transfer student at Gekkoukan High School, is suddenly awakened with the powers to control a Persona. Yuki is recruited to join other Persona summoners of his school in the "Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad." As they continue to investigate the situations surrounding the Dark Hours, they all come face to face with their shocking fate...

• Contains both the 90-minute Original Theatrical Version and the 97-minute Director's Cut.
  • Special Features: Audio Commentary, Trailers, Commercials. Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles. (Note: special features are not subtitled)

**This collector's edition includes the original soundtrack CD (including the theme song "More Than One Heart" by Yumi Kawamura), a 48-page deluxe booklet, an English translation booklet of the deluxe booklet, 10 Super P3 stickers, and 4 key-art illustration cards!

Right Stuf's List of Releases

Fairy Tail DVD/Blu-ray Part 10 (Hyb)

• Distributor: FUNimation
  • Suggested Price: $54.98

The masters of magic have converged on a remote island, where Natsu and his teammates go head-to-head with Grimoire Heart, a dark guild led by one of Fairy Tail's former masters. Revelations from the past and long-buried secrets continue to come to light as Cana is granted a sacred new spell, and an excommunicated guildmate makes an unexpected return.

If Fairy Tail has any hope of defeating their diabolical opponents, they're going to have to combine all their powers and work together like never before. But as curses start to fly between wizards, the real danger might come from Zeref, a legendary dealer of death whose devilish plans for the future could bring an end to this golden age of magic.

Contains episodes 109-120.

Special Features: Episode Commentaries, Textless Opening & Ending Videos, U.S. Trailer, Trailers.

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Blu-ray Season 1 Collection (Hyb)

• Distributor: Sentai Filmworks
  • Suggested Price: $69.98 (Blu-Ray), $59.98 (DVD)

When their village was wiped out five years ago, there were only three young survivors: boys Shino Inuzuka and Sosuke Inukawa and the girl Hamaji. Through a quirk of fate, both boys share the same peony-shaped birthmark. Genpachi Inukai and Kobungo Inuta were raised hundreds of miles away as foster brothers, but they too share the same birthmark. When they went north as part of the army three years ago, they went to confront demons and came back forever transformed. Now the Imperial Church has come for Shino and Sosuke and they must find eight mystical gems and their owners or face a fate worse than death at the hands of the Church.

Contains episodes 1-13.

Special Features: Commentaries, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan: Demon Capital Blu-ray Set 2 (Hyb)

• Distributor: Viz Media
  • Suggested Price: $54.99 (Blu-Ray), $44.82 (DVD)

Third Heir Rikuo Nura and his Night Parade of a Hundred Demons enter the city of Kyoto to stop Hagoromo-Gitsune's reign of terror. But their high spirits quickly turn into despair when the Kyoto yokai Tsuchi-Gumo decimates the Nura Clan single-handedly and takes Tsurara hostage.

Now it's a race against time as Rikuo struggles to save Tsurara and reach Nijo Castle before Hahoromo-Gitsune gives birth to Nue, a being that would bring an end to both humans and yokai!

Contains episodes 14-26.

Special Features: Art Gallery, Omake, Japanese Trailers, Clean Opening.

Serial Experiments Lain DVD/Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb) - Anime Classics

• Distributor: FUNimation
  • Suggested Price: $54.99 (Blu-Ray), $44.82 (DVD)

Lain Iwakura appears to be an ordinary girl with almost no experience with computers. Yet the sudden suicide of a schoolmate and a number of strange occurrences conspire to pull Lain into the world of the Wired, where she gradually learns that nothing is what it seems to be... not even Lain herself.

• Contains episodes 1-13.
  • Special Features: Textless Opening & Closing, Trailers.
  • Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel