Want Anime? Try Best Buy...For Now

Topic started by gia on Feb. 20, 2009. Last post by transgojobot 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Sorry for the late start guys, but don't worry, we'll get caught up in no time.

Word fell from the sky about a month ago that Best Buy would be significantly decreasing the presence of anime on its stores' shelves, with most stores carrying only half as much as they have in the past.

Now, this isn't such great news in the long-term. But if you're looking to expand your collection, it's awesome short-term news, because it means that these stores will be having big fat sales! ICv2 has a handy-dandy list of all of the Best Buys that will be having sales-- 50% off of (presumably) most anime, from March 1 to March 26. (Yay, Cascade Plaza, OR!)

So will you go? And if so, what's your priority shopping list?

Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Only if its in America.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Holy... I'm going!
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Heero: but what will you BUY? :)
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I'll go check sometime but my local Best Buy usually never has anything I've liked in stock before...
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 9
It is sad Best buy was usually the store I bought my anime. I can't blame a big box store like Best Buy for doing this form a business major stand point. Selling anime may be a little profitable (expecaly with the short anime boom) but now it probaobly take up shelf space that a more profitable item needs. I just use to the fact of buy stuff ONLINE. It there and it not going away. However I may take advantage of the sale.
Post by Sonata (35,401 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Usually I go to FYE too get my Anime, but they have been running low on some titles I want to get. I'll definitely check out the thing Best Buy has before its too late:)
Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
Wooo! The one close to our office is on the list.  Wait, isn't that a bad thing?  I'm looking to get more of the Voltron sets.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@gia:.... good question... I own almost every show that my local Best Buy has, with the exception of the absolute garbage titles...

Maybe I'll buy the Dragonball Z boxets? idk, one of my suitemates has been plowing through the first one...maybe I'll just get through the Freeza saga or something. Somehow I doubt the FREEDOM bluray box set is going to part of any sale...
Post by transgojobot (122 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I might go there to pick up any titles that normally aren't heavily discounted online (i.e. FLAG). Of course, this me me expecting something worthwhile, but there's no guarentee that Best Buy will come through. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel