Vice Devil's Advocate Poll #9: Time to Bust Some Ass

Topic started by Dream on Feb. 5, 2011. Last post by Dream 3 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,611 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Claymore
  • S-CRYed
  • Ghost in the Shell: 2nd GIG
  • Witchblade
  • Trinity Blood
  • Desert Punk
  • Karas
  • Appleseed (2004 film)
  • Samurai 7
  • El Cazador de la Bruja
Post by Dream (7,611 posts) See mini bio Level 21
As promised, I have a poll for those that aren't so into the romantic genre of anime. All ten of these anime are of the action genre featuring a good mix of sword fighting, hand-to-hand or gun-action titles that are well known in some form or another that I've either never completed or have yet to even watch. As usual, everyone on Vice gets to pick what action anime they want me to watch and review for March. The title with the most votes by the end of this month (February 28 at the latest) will be what I will watch and review in its entirety. So go ahead and vote on what action anime you want me to shoot or slice into for March.
Post by Adanadhel (124 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Well, if it's action we're talking about Karas is definitely the one! The special effects, the story and the fighting scenes are superb!
Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I voted for GitS, but I think me and you have completely opposite tastes in anime.  Here's my thoughts on the others

ShowPros
Cons
 ClaymoreStory is good and the action is plentiful
and well animated when it wants to be
The ending is crummy and the animation is 
pretty terrible when it wants to be

GitS: 2nd Gig
Consistently well animated, a hefty amount
of violence, interesting side stories, the bad
guy is awesome and political intrigue makes
everything better imo
If you like technobabble, there is less of it than
in the first series

KarasThe animation is very slick in both parts.  The
action is great in part 2 and the story gets
interesting as well.

Part 1 has a bad story, the camera spins and pans
so much during fights that I couldn't tell what I was
looking at in part one.  Basically, Part 1 = Con
 Appleseed 2004
Interesting art style
I thought the story was pretty bad, I didn't like the
characters, the action scenes were pretty terrible,
and the "acting" and body language of the CGI 
characters is some of the worst acting I've ever seen
on screen.
Post by Lord_Fortengard (6 posts) See mini bio Level 4
GitS SAC 2nd Gig is the obvious choice, but I would like to give props to Desert Punk since that one gets overlooked a lot.
Bumping this thread up. There are two weeks left for folks to vote on what action title you want me to see and review for March in the Devil's Advocate Poll.
Post by taichokage (13,265 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Out of all these I have only seen Karas, and I would recommend it.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I've seem over half of these but I went ahead and picked Claymore. Series is good until end. Wish there was more because the manga is badass.
Give this another bump. There's one week left for folks to vote on what action anime you want me to watch and review.

EDIT: As a heads up, I might be running behind on getting the Ah My Goddess review posted. It's been a bit of a pain in the ass for me to try getting all the volumes to the series from Netflix as I have to wait days at a time on certain ones. Right now, I'm 22 episodes into the show and waiting on the final volume whenever it comes. 
Bump this thread up again. Four days left for folks to vote on what action anime you want me to watch and review for March.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,906 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Good luck with Claymore!
I'll end voting early since it looks like the outcome is inevitable at this point. Claymore will be the anime I will watch and review for my Devil's Advocate Poll for March. I'll be launching my next Devil's Advocate Poll next Wednesday or Thursday on March 9 or 10.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel