Underrated (or Misunderstood) Anime

Topic started by gia on Dec. 7, 2008. Last post by KingOfAsh 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
hazelnutman said:
"No one seems to know about Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan :(

Sure, it's incredibly short, but it's hilarious as hell."
I watched the first episode of that, there was something oddly annoying about the character, that's why i stopped watching :P
Post by konatachan (2 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Wolfs rain and Ergo Proxy

Not sure about Underratedness of each of them as I don't know how well they did financially but something tells me they weren't exactly MASSIVELY huge hits.
Post by Manachild (5 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Texhnolyze alot of people i know find it very hard to watch and in some ways i cant blame them it uses pretty unorthadox storytelling methods but i think its brilliant.
konatachan said:
"Wolfs rain and Ergo Proxy

Not sure about Underratedness of each of them as I don't know how well they did financially but something tells me they weren't exactly MASSIVELY huge hits."
I LOVE Ergo Proxy, Absolutely Love it, one of my favourite series.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Manachild said:
"Texhnolyze alot of people know find it very hard to watch and in some ways i cant blame them it uses pretty unorthadox storytelling methods but i think its brilliant.

I agree. I think Texhnolyze is under appreciated, and I agree with your reasoning.
Post by Hottness (128 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Yugioh 5d's
Post by Schwindelmagier (314 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Hmm..I'm not sure..
RahXephon perhaps? Not many of my friends have heard of that one at all.
Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Im more talking about the manga here but no matter how popular Berserk ever is, it is not enough because as Hbi2k says," Berserk is a piece of art and people should study it in school" :)
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
RedRoses said:
"Dennou Coil "
That's a good choice.

I'd have to say Eve no Jikan needs more love. Sure, it's just a few short OVAs and it might not even be done yet, but such a fantastic show needs more attention.
Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Mamoru Oshii's Angel's Egg! oft-misunderstood, surreal existentialist meditation on weirdness. lots of unexplained symbolism. i challenge you to explain it!
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
konatachan said:
"Wolfs rain and Ergo Proxy

Not sure about Underratedness of each of them as I don't know how well they did financially but something tells me they weren't exactly MASSIVELY huge hits."
i was looking at ergo proxy recently and it looks pretty cool but did not seem to get positive reviews.might check it out after all
my vote goes to Heat Guy J
i just finished watching it and loved it and it seems not many people have seen it so it gets my vote
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
*Must resist urge to mention Evangelion due to idiotic backlash....*

Loveless is somewhat underappreciated (yes I watched a yaoi show, and it was good).
 Oh, and Natsu no Sora. Really underrated, had such a good time watching it.

Mind Game seems to be overlooked, which I find surprising, considering how great and unusual it is.
Post by DarkShaper (76 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Is Bloack Blood Brothers. I don't know how popular it really is but I only know 1 person who has seen it. wich sucks because BBB rocked
Post by KingOfAsh (1,391 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Eureka Seven is kind of underrated in a way. Genocyberr too.

Truly underrated animes would be Blassreiter, Oban-Star Racers, Heroman and Noein.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel