Toonami dies... Cartoon Network sucks?

Topic started by RadiantTheLight on June 20, 2010. Last post by Jflash94 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by RadiantTheLight (733 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Yep, Toonami dies in 2008, lots of good shows was replaced by crap, DBZ, YYH, Outlaw Star, and so on... 

Nowadays CN sucks, seriously, should Tonami get they're own chanel? Come back? I think anime in television nowadays is nothing compared to the 90s... CN screw everything up...

Tell me, how much you think nowadays Cartoon Network sucks? And how do you think it could get better? 

:)
Post by Dream (7,623 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Word around the Web has it that the head position at Cartoon Network changed hands several years ago and the new guy/gal in charge wanted to retool the network in another direction to appeal to more mainstream audiences. So over the course of several years, more reruns and the block's timeslot being cut to just two hours showed signs that there was meddling going on and then by September 2008, what was the big anime gateway for anime fans to see on a major mainstream channel between the late 1990s to mid 2000s died.

And yes, nowadays Cartoon Network is now showing signs of decay with the channel mixing live-action TV shows and movies with their animated content. Nice way to kill what was once a great channel for animation (not just anime).
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
CN is now a Digital Channel over here so that already sucks big time!! but i can still give my take on this since i had CN till the late 03 and i have to say it was way better then, These new cartoons that i hear about clearly suck big time and the good ones from way back that are still around get downplayed. I understand the need for new content but my complaint would be the quality of this new content! if you have nothing but poorly written cartoons and stupid live-action series of course your channel's popularity id going to die!! Your channel is called CARTOON NETWORK for F@#$ sakes!! screw the live-action series and add some anime to show some variation!! .

Anyway i'm extra p!ssed at this because Disney recently claimed Jetix which i still considered Fox Kids (R.I.P) and they are showing the same damn boring volume!! and what makes things worse is how Nick has also been showing catatonic blandness on their channel as well!! God i pity the kids these days!!. Now to me the real good era of Cartoon Network was when they showed the cartoons that where decades old like Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Birdmen ECT. and also showed these:

Cartoon Network is sucking hard... Disney Channel is also sucking hard... 

Post by ReiKai (3,516 posts) See mini bio Level 10
CN has Boondocks. Therefore your complaints are unnecessary and fail to take away from what CN can still offer us; Free games, more anime, still more than sci-fi which only changes their anime after several months of the same series or movies. And now CN has given us Kekkaishi (though honestly I'm already well-versed in the Manga so I don't need to see the anime, but still it's alittle fun). 

Also, they do still shot T&J, Birdman and all that old funstuff. It's on a separate channel called Boomerang. Space Ghost, the Galaxy Trio, Top Cat, Mightor, the Herculoids, Atom Ant, and all that really old  cool shit plays on there every day, all day. The only things it stops for are Justice League, THE Batman, Batman: Brave and the Bold, Star Wars Clone Wars, and other relatively newer stuff that they show later in the evening, even repeating Ben 10 Ultimate Alien and Generator Rex later after their scheduled showing on CN in case people missed them.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,277 posts) See mini bio Level 21

How the great have fallen 

This is what I think about  when I watch the new Cartoon Network 

@ReiKai: O well that fine for the USA but meanwhile all the other countries do have those problems!! For example here in Holland we get  CN as a digital channel so we have to pay extra in order to watch it in the first place!!  Aside from that we still have Nickolodeon which is fine but it seems to be falling in to an A-HOLE ever since they last produced Danny Phantom and El Tigre, Angry Bevers since then they have showed nothing but crap IMO, the only actual good shows (the shows i can still enjoy and don't go in to vomit mode) they still show are My Fairy odd Parents and My Life as a Teenage Robot and those are on reruns!!! xP
And Besides all that you know what we get? TWO DISNEY CHANNELS!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Disney Channel and Disney XD respectively, the shows showed on there are the blandest most pg-13 bullcrap i've ever seen!! i'm glad i don't have kids because i will never have to expose them to these boring brain draining musicals. xP

@ReiKai said:

"CN has Boondocks. Therefore your complaints are unnecessary and fail to take away from what CN can still offer us; Free games, more anime, still more than sci-fi which only changes their anime after several months of the same series or movies. And now CN has given us Kekkaishi (though honestly I'm already well-versed in the Manga so I don't need to see the anime, but still it's alittle fun).   Also, they do still shot T&J, Birdman and all that old funstuff. It's on a separate channel called Boomerang. Space Ghost, the Galaxy Trio, Top Cat, Mightor, the Herculoids, Atom Ant, and all that really old  cool shit plays on there every day, all day. The only things it stops for are Justice League, THE Batman, Batman: Brave and the Bold, Star Wars Clone Wars, and other relatively newer stuff that they show later in the evening, even repeating Ben 10 Ultimate Alien and Generator Rex later after their scheduled showing on CN in case people missed them."

Well, in my country there's no such thing as "Boomerang".
If we're getting on the subject on other channels, here's my two cents then:

-Disney Channel- The channel's turned from what was a showcase of Walt Disney's archive of old movies, cartoons and TV titles (with a couple anime movies on the side like Little Nemo in Dreamland and Kiki's Delivery Service that got me giddy) geared towards family audiences to now appealing to the tween demographic by making original TV shows and movies that are just stepping stones for Disney to promote the younger talent that appear on them. And I can almost guarantee that these shows always wind up being bland comedy titles which keep things too family-friendly (compared to the serious content found in older Disney originals So Weird and In a Heartbeat.)
-Nickelodeon- Even while I was in high school and college, I still was a sap for some of the stuff on Nick like The Wild Thornberries, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Hey Arnold, As Told by Ginger and Doug as they had some good, meaningful stuff to tell. Nowadays, Nick mostly shows comedies which are too numbing on my brain to see and I don't get why there's appeal for them (Spongebob, iCarly, Fanboy and Chum Chum, etc...).
@Dream said:
"If we're getting on the subject on other channels, here's my two cents then:  -Disney Channel- The channel's turned from what was a showcase of Walt Disney's archive of old movies, cartoons and TV titles (with a couple anime movies on the side like Little Nemo in Dreamland and Kiki's Delivery Service that got me giddy) geared towards family audiences to now appealing to the tween demographic by making original TV shows and movies that are just stepping stones for Disney to promote the younger talent that appear on them. And I can almost guarantee that these shows always wind up being bland comedy titles which keep things too family-friendly (compared to the serious content found in older Disney originals So Weird and In a Heartbeat.)-Nickelodeon- Even while I was in high school and college, I still was a sap for some of the stuff on Nick like The Wild Thornberries, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Hey Arnold, As Told by Ginger and Doug as they had some good, meaningful stuff to tell. Nowadays, Nick mostly shows comedies which are too numbing on my brain to see and I don't get why there's appeal for them (Spongebob, iCarly, Fanboy and Chum Chum, etc...). "

I cant stand Disney nowadays... Jonas Brothers? Hannah Montana? Justin fuckin Bieber? Wizzard faggots? And I could go on with this for like 1 hour... It's not DISNEY anymore, and I really dont know how kids like this things nowadays, for me, it's annoiyng and untalented. My friends agree with me of how much Disney Channel sucks. 

CN shall now be Crappy Network since everything is crappy and some of the shows arent even cartoons... it looks like those shows were created in hell! I mean, Fagjack? My gym partner's a fag monkey? Out of Jimmy's anus? Fuckin Fried Dynamite??? Gimme Toonami and TOM back! I mean, they're views are getting lower and they're ratings arent worth shit! Why the hell they keep doing this crap? What happened to Jonny Bravo (cmon, he was funny sometimes), to Dexter, and all of the other CN classics? 

Cartoon Network is in my country since about 1997, 4 years after I was born, I start liking shows like all of Wanner Bros and Tom and Jerry as a kid, and then anime like YuYu Hakusho and Yugioh and so on, but they canceled Toonami in my country for some reason and at night there was a thing called TCM or some shit like that... However, thanks god Dragon Ball was being aired in another channels, portuguese dubbed, but still enjoyable. CN was really good back then, and nowadays it's getting crappier... and it's not just CN! Disney also! In my country there is a channel called Animax, where previously it only showed anime! Including classics! But guess what? Nowadays 90% of animax is reallity shows shit and Sci-fi like shows, and other shows that appear in 10000000000 other channels... some channels are really going down... 

... especialy Cartoon Network and Disney Channel.
@RadiantTheLight:  Don't call TCM sh!t that was a perfectly good channel that showed many interesting classic movies from the 40's to the 60's it was an epic channel!! :\
@Kelleth said:

"@RadiantTheLight:  Don't call TC sh!t that was a perfectly good channel that showed many interesting classic movies from the 40's to the 60's it was an epic channel!! :\ "

I never watched. I just call too many things "shit". Anyway, why was CN and TCM in one channel? That's odd, CN at morning and afternoon, and TCM at night. Doesnt make much sense to me.
@RadiantTheLight said:
" @Kelleth said:

"@RadiantTheLight:  Don't call TC sh!t that was a perfectly good channel that showed many interesting classic movies from the 40's to the 60's it was an epic channel!! :\ "

I never watched. I just call too many things "shit". Anyway, why was CN and TCM in one channel? That's odd, CN at morning and afternoon, and TCM at night. Doesnt make much sense to me. "
Teaming up makes the budget bigger, besides they where practically owned by the came company
@Kelleth said:
" @RadiantTheLight said:
" @Kelleth said:

I never watched. I just call too many things "shit". Anyway, why was CN and TCM in one channel? That's odd, CN at morning and afternoon, and TCM at night. Doesnt make much sense to me. "
Teaming up makes the budget bigger, besides they where practically owned by the came company "

"came" company?
@RadiantTheLight said:
" @Kelleth said:
" @RadiantTheLight said:
" @Kelleth said:

Teaming up makes the budget bigger, besides they where practically owned by the came company "
"came" company? "
Sorry XD ''same'' and besides Nick also does this with Comedy Central
@Kelleth said:
" @RadiantTheLight said:
" @Kelleth said:
" @RadiantTheLight said:
" @Kelleth said:

"came" company? "
Sorry XD ''same'' and besides Nick also does this with Comedy Central "

I dont got Nickolodeon or Nicktoons...
@RadiantTheLight: At the moment your not missing much...
@Kelleth:  Turner Classic Movies still airs here in America and thankfully, it hasn't gone through the revamps that many channels are going through nowadays.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel