This should have an Anime!

Topic started by Masako_Hihashi on May 12, 2012. Last post by MarioRedfield 5 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Express your feelings about non-japanese media or literature or pop culture that should have an anime.

My personal pick would be the book series by David Eddings, the Belgariad, it haves everything, a common guy that gets powers, a tsundere princess, an old perverted wizard, a milf sorceress evil guys, funny lines, and awesome battles. The sequel series could be even more awesome thanks to the main character time-skip taking a level in badass...

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,063 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I would love to see a Batverse anime series. That would be awesome. Like how they did Gotham Knights. Gradually introduce characters like Dick, Jason, Tim etc.

Post by Sonata (35,167 posts) See mini bio Level 20
James Bond.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,063 posts) See mini bio Level 12

OMG! Bond would be cool.

Post by Sonata (35,167 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Action, an intriguing plot, great protagonist and Fan Service. Perfect ingredients for anime XD
Post by SteveRodgers (14 posts) See mini bio Level 9

star wars, because they could have some very intense saber fights. also it was mainly a scifi samurai styled film anyhow

@Sonata: also, i 100 percent agree with Bond

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Well, it is Japanese media, but due to the recent uncertainty around Bayonetta 2, I was wondering why that title hadn't been made into an anime. If Devil May Cry can have one, I don't see why the ecchi-heavy Bayonetta doesn't deserve one, too.

As for non-Japanese media, my first choice would be Disney's Kim Possible. Hopefully, it would be a damned sight better than the obnoxious Powerpuff Girls Z anime. It has a spunky teenage heroine with a goofball sidekick who also serves as a romantic interest (imagine the tongue-tied confessions there), martial arts action, a rogues gallery of baddies including a potentially hot femme fatale, a support cast of high school cheerleaders, and a cutesy naked mole rat. I'm not saying it would be radically different than the American version (it is Disney after all) but it could expand on the franchise. I'd like to see it set in Japan, too this time around with the two protagonists attending a Japanese high school.

Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Suckerpunch. I thought it was hokey and stupid in live action but if it was anime I'd be able to forgive a lot of the cheese and craziness. The movie is about an insane asylum that doubles as a high society club/brothel and somehow fighting dragons/robots/zombie Nazis/Samurai monsters is a metaphor for stripping and overcoming a male dominated society. In live-action that comes off as ridiculous and dumb as it sounds but in anime something like that would actually be par for the course. I think the fights would probably look better as well. The anime would also have the proper amount of service in it The live action version felt the need to restrain itself despite the fact that the movie is about women stripping or running around in torn up school girl outfits and bikini tops while spinning and backflipping in slow mo to beat up monsters, yet there is nary a jiggle titty or upskirt to be seen in the whole thing.

The X Files would be interesting too, although I think I'd want American writers working on it because I think the Japanese would probably focus more on the monster side than the government conspiracy aspects.

Austin Powers handled by a collaboration between the the Shaft team that made Pani Poni Dash and the Gainax folk who made Panty & Stocking. I think those two get the random ridiculousness of the series and the P&S crew definitely gets the toilet humor aspects.

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

M:If real effort was slapped to it I could see enders game being turned into a very niche but good anime maybe a fantastical maybe add a bit of japan weirdness to a remaking of red dead redemption something that would be either excellent or an abortion, what I would prefer though are new and interesting takes on times and periods normally left untouched I.E. Baccano with the 20s or Le chevalier De'Eon (my french sucks) did with pre revolutionary France.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,471 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Spartacus

Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Lord of the Flies by William Golding...  

Great book, it would make a great anime in my opinion.  
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Ares. Its an amazing manwha with a great story, lovable characters, touching moments, and epis fight scenes. It would be a dream come true for me to see this get animated

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@TheNobody said:

Lord of the Flies by William Golding... Great book, it would make a great anime in my opinion.

Have you seen Infinite Ryvius? it has a setting similar to the book but in space, it's pretty great in my opinion.

As for the anime, a series based on the comics of Enki Bilal, Moebius or others from metal hurlant.

A Dune anime would be awesome too, but with a decent staff and studio and at least 50 episodes.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,501 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Some Manwha like The Breaker should definitely have an anime

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,626 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@ohgodwhy: PREACH ON!

Post by ohgodwhy (1,501 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Veritas was another amazing Manwha if you ever read that. As an anime that would rule.

KINGDOM HEARTS!
Post by DBZ_universe (15,471 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@TheNobody said:

KINGDOM HEARTS!

They do have manga though...

@DBZ_universe: I know, I've read it, it's about time they make an actual anime... I think it'd be pretty cool. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel